Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans21fd03ad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9141122 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Dear all,

Some weeks ago we have noticed that our DJI Phantom 4 RTK was loosing conection with the NTRIP server in few minutes or even seconds. We tried to upgrade to latest firmware versions (aircraft, controller and app), and also tried to downgrade but the issue persist.

The controller is the one with the screen (Phantom 4 RTK no SDK). GS software same upgraded to the latest version.

We generated an RMA with DJI and sent the aircraft and controller to Holland, after doing some test and realizing that was an aircraft issue. It was sent back saying that no issue detected.

We have tried with two different aircrafts, conecting to two different NTRIP servers in Spain and with different phone companies (good 4G connection), and always, in few minutes even in few seconds, the RTK connection is lost and no correction service given, so can´t work with the aircraft. We also checked directly with the NTRIP service providers, but no issues were found in their networks.

Anyone has a similar issue? How did you solve it?

We are discussing with DJI Support by email sending logs and testing different alternatives, but always the same.

We can´t use the Ph4RTK conecting to NTRIP net, so we can´t fly the aircraft using the service that was made for...
2021-3-2
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

@fans21fd03ad- are you certain it is not just a network connectivity issue? Do you have a way to fully test your connection?

You might try to sideload an NTRIP client on the crystalsky device (never tried myself but may be worth looking into) to see if you can evaluate the NTRIP casters that way...
2021-3-2
Use props
fans21fd03ad
lvl.1
  • >>>
Spain

We will try, but notice that we test using to NTRIP different servers, so both must be wrong. People with other devices, don't hace dicho problem (Trimble, Emlid...)
2021-3-2
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans21fd03ad Posted at 3-2 13:01
We will try, but notice that we test using to NTRIP different servers, so both must be wrong. People with other devices, don't hace dicho problem (Trimble, Emlid...)

I'm not proposing that there is anything wrong with the NTRIP casters. I was suggesting that if you have a way to monitor the NTRIP connection that is independent of the DJI software, you may be able to see if there are connectivity issues. And if an NTRIP client running on your RC can connect and maintain a good data stream coming in, it further points to an issue on the DJI side of things, which could of course be hardware or software on the RC and/or aircraft.
2021-3-2
Use props
fans21fd03ad
lvl.1
  • >>>
Spain

patiam Posted at 3-2 13:27
I'm not proposing that there is anything wrong with the NTRIP casters. I was suggesting that if you have a way to monitor the NTRIP connection that is independent of the DJI software, you may be able to see if there are connectivity issues. And if an NTRIP client running on your RC can connect and maintain a good data stream coming in, it further points to an issue on the DJI side of things, which could of course be hardware or software on the RC and/or aircraft.

Thanks for that
2021-3-3
Use props
Skyveyor112
lvl.4
United States

I use an iphone app called NTRIP Checker that helps me assess the quality of the connection to the local CORs network. One of the reasons I am moving away from RTK is link availabilty and stability. Can you use PPK for your work? The P4RTK generates all the rover files you need to PPK. Generally it's a better solution. TopoDrone has some software that makes the PPK process for the P4RTK almost painless.
2021-3-3
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Skyveyor112 Posted at 3-3 07:23
I use an iphone app called NTRIP Checker that helps me assess the quality of the connection to the local CORs network. One of the reasons I am moving away from RTK is link availabilty and stability. Can you use PPK for your work? The P4RTK generates all the rover files you need to PPK. Generally it's a better solution. TopoDrone has some software that makes the PPK process for the P4RTK almost painless.

Yup NTRIP Client for Android does the same.
2021-3-3
Use props
fans21fd03ad
lvl.1
  • >>>
Spain

Thanks to both. We will check the NTRIP checker APP.

We don´t usually use PPK workflow. For us is more simple to use RTK connection, and that was the reason to buy the PH4 RTK. Our problems are in 4G good coverture area, so it wouldn´t be problem of the NTRIP service.
2021-3-4
Use props
fans21fd03ad
lvl.1
  • >>>
Spain

Hi to all,

We have checked with the NTRIP apps and all is fine with the NTRIP net.

Also, we have tried to generate a local NTRIP with the Emlid RS2, and the connection in that way, persist. No issue detected. Doing some trials with it, we change de package refresh time, to higher values in the Emlid Ntrip net, and the connection of the Ph4Pro losses.

So, our conclusion is that something happened with the GS TRK APP and some values were changed in any update of the firmware, and the normal NTRIP connections don´t match with the actual firmware, and the Ph4RTK disconnects for those servers. (Tested with different providers)

Any comment?

2021-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules