50493 80 2021-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Timsomnia Posted at 5-18 20:05
FPV at the moment is very niche, especially racing. The FPV drone will make the whole thing go mainstream, it already is happening. Accessories are sold out everywhere. Every FPV youtuber is producing content about DJIs drone.

The FPV drone is not a market killer but a catalyst. DJI is building the market themselves. If it grows big enough, they'll stay in the game.

Well having said what I said, I hope you're right. Anything that gets more people into the hobby is a good thing. And if it grows, hopefully that'll give DJI more incentive to stick with it and improve it.
2021-5-19
Use props
djiuser_cttApfNujI5E
New

Malaysia

I'm waiting too for the v2 controller to be compatible with air unit. New fpv player here
2021-5-27
Use props
djiuser_LBfKFD2chsno
lvl.1
Canada

I feel so scammed by this. Bought this thinking I could eventually use it with the air unit or caddx
2021-6-11
Use props
anethema
lvl.2

Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-2 21:15
Hello there Ridg. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. As posted above I am sorry to say that the DJI FPV Controller 2 is not compatible with the previous Air Unit. For additional reference I will post a link where in you can find the specifications and frequently asked questions for the DJI FPV ( https://www.dji.com/dji-fpv?site=brandsite&from=nav ). Thank you.

Stephan I understand your hands are tied above you I'm sure, but actual human replies would be so so much more helpful.

"That is a feature that we looked into but some tech hurdles meant we decided not to put the time in for it, but that could change"

"That is a planned future feature, but not top tier importance, so may be a while in the future"

"We don't plan on making the controller compatible with the Air unit devices"

It would be so much more helpful, doesn't lock you into any direction, and makes it seem like you dont just have a text file with your standard 3 replies that you paste from.
2021-6-12
Use props
Wildcard Crew
lvl.1
Flight distance : 827175 ft
Japan

Got burned by this! FAQ on Banggood stated that the V2 controller would work with the Air Unit. So I bought it.
Wrong! DJI customer service has been terrible, saying in online support chat that they would process a refund, then sending me an email days later that a refund is impossible.
Now I have a useless controller, and have to pay another $300 or so for a new (old) controller.
2021-6-15
Use props
Nixfred
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125814 ft
  • >>>
United States

This post made me think of the investment I have made in DJI over the years….
(Hey DJI employee, check my username and the drones registered to me to verify I’m not stretching the truth.)

I own or have owned:  (gave some away, broke some, lost some)

DJI Spark
DJI Air 2
DJI FPV Combo (new)
DJI Inspire 1
3x DJI Phantom 4’s
The FPV Video flight system inside a FPV Titan.
Maybe 1 or 2 more I may have forgotten.

I fly the Air 2 a good bit and am learning to fly FPV (man its harder than it looks for sure!) - I crashed my DJI FPV drone pretty bad…several times.  I’m terrible.  Its not flyable any longer…gotta get her fixed so I can crash it again!)

This post made me think of the INTER-COMPATIBILITY between the DJI systems I have owned and it’s basically ZILCH.  Not even the charging systems or batteries.  

About the only thing this army of DJI drones share in common is that they charge in my kitchen on the same 110 outlet.

I’m not saying I’m not buying anymore DJI products, but I am saying that the more I crash the more attractive building my own drones compare at approximately half the cost….

Really disappointed that I cant use the DJI FPV Controler 2 (game pad version) nor the DJI Goggles 2 work with my other DJI products including the Titan DJI FPV Camera system (minus the the DJI Goggles 2 with the Titan.)  

This post spells it out for me that DJI wants to sell a separate controler for each drone which, now that I do the math, is a pretty good trick I fell for.

Anyway.  DJI has lost it’s “Apple polish” for me.

Fred
@nixfred
2021-6-23
Use props
MoppelMat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139167 ft
Austria

I am also waiting for the patch to use the new controller with the AU and vista!
2021-6-24
Use props
Sinamatix
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So my iFlight A85 Nebula turned up from China today.  Banggood stated it would work with my current DJI Goggles V2 and the FPV Controller 2.  Can't get it to bind.  Goggles work peachy, but no controller.  What do I do?
2021-6-29
Use props
Sinamatix
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djiuser_lFUkoSYx4Qbf Posted at 4-2 19:59
Hi, I'm with both of you guys, and I actually did buy the fly more combo. I haven't flown FPV for a couple years and wanted to get back into it. I blindly ASSUMED I'd be able to get air units for a few of my old rigs I'd want to revive. I would have easily spent another $1000 on them. I actually really like the controller too now that I'm used to it, and the drone is alot of fun for what it is... a fast FPV camera drone that has a manual mode. It's not a racing drone, it's not a freestyle drone... but I digress, point is it would be hands down my goto control and FPV system for every aircraft I build from now on. But alas... Please DJI, make a firmware update for this to be possible.

Me three.  So angry it won't bind.
2021-6-29
Use props
pxl
lvl.1

Austria

It's a shame that they dont think about bringing a firmware update so we can use the V2 controller with older DJI Air Units or Caddx Units. would i have know that there is no way of using the controller on the air units i would have bought the goggles separatly and build my own drone instead... the DJI FPV Drone combo was a total waste of money in my eyes. and the fact that u need to buy warranty
for 300$ and still have to pay half the price of the drone if you send it in to repair is just a big fraud.  why should i pay +600$ if i could get a new one for the same price at any retailer?
thats the last product i bought from dji
2021-7-9
Use props
andrewshvv
New

Russia

I bought DJI FPV Combo. Really frustrated with the fact that I can't connect Remote controller 2 to BetaFPV 95x. I need to buy another controller and have 2 controllers in my backpack, one for DJI FPV, another for BetaFPV...
2021-8-1
Use props
Peccator
lvl.1

United States

+1
I would also like to use the Controller 2 with a DJI FPV Air Unit whether that is an Air Unit 2 or a firmware upgrade.
2021-8-3
Use props
djiuser_Gr4v4Pcfjhyn
New

Germany

I am waiting as well for the remote 2 to become compatible with the air unit and vista. I really want to fly this remote!
2021-8-22
Use props
fans97828d9e
lvl.1

United Kingdom

This was rather misleading and extremely disappointing.

2021-8-26
Use props
djiuser_7r6n9SSGuF1J
lvl.1
Germany

Looking also forward to extend compatibility between V2 System (in special the Controller ;)) and other air units (dji, caddx)
2021-8-28
Use props
brabrabarabra
lvl.1
Germany

So this is a disposable remote control working only for one product - not even for other dji fpv products. Like a cheap children's toy.
That's sounds wasteful.
2021-8-29
Use props
an R key
lvl.1

South Africa

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-2 21:15
Hello there Ridg. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. As posted above I am sorry to say that the DJI FPV Controller 2 is not compatible with the previous Air Unit. For additional reference I will post a link where in you can find the specifications and frequently asked questions for the DJI FPV ( https://www.dji.com/dji-fpv?site=brandsite&from=nav ). Thank you.

As a first time DJI customer, I have to say that I'm so disappointed. I also wanted to use the remote with the AU and vista. Fix this, please DJI!
2021-9-3
Use props
click here now
lvl.2

United States

ellpee Posted at 3-19 21:02
any tricks to get the v2 goggles to link to air units? cheers

double click the bind button on goggles.  it says single, but usually needs double.
2021-9-17
Use props
Anton Shapka
lvl.1

Ukraine

I think they have a lot of old controllers in stock and utill they do not sell all of them new controller will not have new firmware compatible with Air Unit. But the problem that old controllers do not need anybody because they are awful!
2021-9-25
Use props
djiuser_vkv1tKqA5K0Y
lvl.2

Spain

Bit suckey that the dji fpv controller cannot be used with the air units, a lot of people will enter the hobby via the dji fpv drone then never touch another dji product because of being burnt due to compatibility of the controller, for this incomatibilty i regret buying the complete pack, i should have bought the glasses and a digital controller, forgetting about the DJIFPV mega heavy drone....

they all joke about it at the field... "Here comes heavy metal!, Clear the runway"
2021-9-29
Use props
vmdirt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1906401 ft
United States

I have the opposite question. I have the DJI FPV and I don't particularly like the game style controller. Will the old style controller that comes with the air unit bind with the DJI FPV drone?
2021-11-9
Use props
djiuser_zad2HpDseHgT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1083015 ft
United States

Be wonderful if I could use the goggles and controller from my fpv drone on a BNF air unit drone.
2021-11-10
Use props
66Ton99
lvl.1

Ukraine

vmdirt Posted at 11-9 20:27
I have the opposite question. I have the DJI FPV and I don't particularly like the game style controller. Will the old style controller that comes with the air unit bind with the DJI FPV drone?

FPV drone works with 2.4Gh link but old controller doesn't
2021-11-17
Use props
djiuser_nWlzOteDJkqp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3330092 ft
United States

Ok so has anyone figured out for sure weather or not the dji controller 2 works with the fpv air unit yet?I bought a iFlight BNF Nazgul Evoque F5D HD Deadcat 5" Quad w/ Caddx Vista  and dji camera thinkin it did but my batteries havnt gotten here yet so I still.  Don't know.can someone please help me
Screenshot_20211231-123136_Photos.jpg
2022-1-2
Use props
maisen20
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

djiuser_nWlzOteDJkqp Posted at 1-2 05:17
Ok so has anyone figured out for sure weather or not the dji controller 2 works with the fpv air unit yet?I bought a iFlight BNF Nazgul Evoque F5D HD Deadcat 5" Quad w/ Caddx Vista  and dji camera thinkin it did but my batteries havnt gotten here yet so I still.  Don't know.can someone please help me[Image]

No, the DJI Remote Controller V2 only works with your DJI FPV. You can set the DJI Goggles into FPV Mode and bind it with the DJI Air Unit from an other drone.

I have the same problem… But i bought a TBS Mambo Controller with TBS Crossfire Module and for my Protek25 a TBS Crossfire Nano.
2022-1-8
Use props
maisen20
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

@DJI_Stephen Why is the Remote Controller V2 not with the Air Unit compatible? Why is there no official statement from DJI about this huge problem for our community?!

The inactivity of DJI is the proof that the wishes of the customers are absolutely indifferent to them! The main thing DJI can make even more remote controllers that we then need again for some other drones, because they not want to have compatibility among their own devices! What an environmental sin out of pure greed!
2022-1-22
Use props
corveX
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-3-2 21:15

Really a shame that a) the controller v2 is not compatible with the air unit and b) still not updated to work with big sur or Monterey.
2022-1-22
Use props
Ostap Demchyna
lvl.1

Ukraine

Faced the same problem. Bought FPV RC 2 with Air Unit and now waiting for a refund to be approved
2022-1-24
Use props
djiuser_zBGeLCVatLGE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 805531 ft
Kosovo

Such a shame that the controller is not working with vista and air unit. It doesn't make any sense to buy another controller LOL. Dji has also promised 24 fps for the FPV drone but nothing there yet. Very dissapointed
2022-2-5
Use props
djiuser_iQPapvfDaySu
New
Flight distance : 119613 ft
Germany

Any News on that? I will buy the FPV System if my Controller v2 is compatible
2022-2-17
Use props
cobalt60
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_iQPapvfDaySu Posted at 2-17 13:40
Any News on that? I will buy the FPV System if my Controller v2 is compatible

DJI: My story as your long-term customer mirrors many in this thread.
  • I was always a fan of Mavic quads, but I enjoyed FPV, so I seldom purchased DJI equipment even though I respected it, and enjoyed the Mavic I owned.
  • When Digital FPV came out, I loved it.  I've bought a total of 5 Air Units, and build many different styles of quads for that system.
  • When VERSION TWO came out, I bought a full set of v2 gear.  In fact, I sold the v1 goggles and remote EVEN BEFORE I tested the remote with my old Air Units.

Does that make me a complete moron, DJI?  Am I a fool?
From my customer POV, the products are in the same FPV product line. There is ZERO language specifying incompatibility on your marketing and packaging materials.  Can you point me to your clearly stated language that indicates that I'll need two separate controllers to enjoy your v1 and v2 products?  

I cannot believe the company is taking this so lightly - there are no replies here that indicate any support or aid for the many people affected by this. There is no clear guidance from you, DJI.

Just to clarify why people are upset:  When a new Playstation is released, top questions often surround "backwards compatibility." To inform consumers, Sony will include messaging about compatibility BEFORE purchase, not after.  The disappointment throughout this thread is rooted in the feeling that DJI has lied to multi-version customers. You've punished us for sticking with you.  

Forum Mods, the most helpful thing you could do is actually answer the question: Will the V2 controller ever work with v1 Air Units?  Is there any v2 Air unit coming out, and will there be a trade-in program if so?  
2022-2-19
Use props
djiuser_tWtbYbbk9sFt
New

United States

What a shame we can’t even get a response from DJI
2022-6-23
Use props
South buckeye
lvl.1
Flight distance : 505748 ft
United States

YLange Posted at 2021-3-3 21:48
It's a shame that dji doesn't think on a larger scale here ... every drone gets its own remote control that's so sick.
Especially today when we should think about our environmental protection with every product, use resources wisely ..
Please make the controller compatible with the AirUnit !

They are just after our money!
2022-6-30
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

"The want of money" is the root of ALL EVIL !!!!
2022-6-30
Use props
quanticchaos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58527 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

Almost 1 year and a half since this thread was opened and still no answer from DJI, no new air unit or compatible firmware for the V2 controller... Now the new Avata is in all the stores (and at least it's compatible with the FPV V2 gear) and the air unit is dying. I have 8 DJI drones but I guess it's time to look elsewhere.
2022-8-27
Use props
michaelrcolton
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1068153 ft
United States

For what it's worth, here's another voice saying I'd love to use my V2 Controller with an Air Unit or Caddx Vista. I may buy several of those, but I will not buy the V1 controller. Please update for compatibility!
2022-9-22
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

Well, it has been awhile. I have grown attached to my big black, sorta heavy old "whatever you call it" transmitter, and have bound it to 5 or 6 of my little quads. No need to select a model, long battery life, internal cooling fan. built like a brick chit house. Easy setup in Betaflight. I got tired of my Taranis, and Crossfire stuff. One antenna does it all. 2 for the full sized Air Unit. I've got a bunch of old stuff, Naza, Naze, etc. etc.but getting too old and blind to be messing with all that stuff. Plug and play! Ha! Now messing with 2 ProTek 35's and 3 Protek 25's, one a pusher. All DJI digital all the way.
2022-9-22
Use props
RadoS01
lvl.1

Slovakia

I thing that DJI should start listen to their customers.. I really dont understand their stupid decision that controller 2 wont be compatible with their own air unit... Im nearly sure that is really only about update of firmware (two days of programming max).. This could widen your possible customers, if there will be possibility to use googles and controller with other quads (with your unit).. So this decision is against to you DJI this should realize your managment team. To dont to be only netagive, on the other hand i like your product DJI FPV, digital transmission, ergonomy of controller, nice quad... But this uncompatibility really mekas me disapointed
2022-11-4
Use props
djiuser_ocXYuGGtwOsz
New

Kyrgyzstan

I have dji fpv combo can i use its remote controller v2 with avata drone?
2023-2-13
Use props
Ridg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_ocXYuGGtwOsz Posted at 2-13 06:01
I have dji fpv combo can i use its remote controller v2 with avata drone?

Yes, the FPV Remote 2 (PlayStation style) is compatible with the Avata
At the moment the FPV Combo (DJI FPV goggles v2) offers the "best" compatibility as it works with the FPV, avata and the new (o3) air unit.

the newer goggles (DJI goggles 2) are arguably better (but won't work with your FPV)
2023-2-13
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules