New Firmware Mavic Mini
1185 11 2021-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mark117h
lvl.4
Flight distance : 241306 ft
United Kingdom

Just a quick update, I have just checked my Mavic Mini for updates and apparently I have notification that there is a new firmware available, can't say what's changed yet as just posting here first before looking to see what's been added and or changed, here is hoping for RAW.
2021-3-2
Use props
mark117h
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Yeah, forget it everyone, its just a frequency update for people in the Ukraine, guess that was a big old waste of excitement here.
sorry all, we are getting jack diddly squat.
2021-3-2
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

While doubtful I think we could still see an update at some point, after DJI brought out the mini 2 and the FAA's rules have come out the sub 249g drone market is flourishing with activity from all the drone companies rushing to get there 249g's out there. Having seen a few of them already the camera quality that the mini use to have all to it self is no longer, with equivalent picture/video performance let alone all the features these companies aren't afraid to throw at the drone should cause DJI to respond. DJI paved the way for the 249g drone market and it'd be foolish of them not to update the mini 1 with some the features everyone's been asking about to stay compietitve in their own market.  

As we all know, competition drives the development and now that theirs real player 2's on the horizon DJI will have to respond accordingly either via updating the older drones or coming out the mini 3 that does something new that none of the new contenders can come close to, like the Motion Controller for example.
2021-3-3
Use props
mark117h
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ABeardedItalian Posted at 3-3 01:36
While doubtful I think we could still see an update at some point, after DJI brought out the mini 2 and the FAA's rules have come out the sub 249g drone market is flourishing with activity from all the drone companies rushing to get there 249g's out there. Having seen a few of them already the camera quality that the mini use to have all to it self is no longer, with equivalent picture/video performance let alone all the features these companies aren't afraid to throw at the drone should cause DJI to respond. DJI paved the way for the 249g drone market and it'd be foolish of them not to update the mini 1 with some the features everyone's been asking about to stay compietitve in their own market.  

As we all know, competition drives the development and now that theirs real player 2's on the horizon DJI will have to respond accordingly either via updating the older drones or coming out the mini 3 that does something new that none of the new contenders can come close to, like the Motion Controller for example.

I agree with what you are saying, I was just a little gutted, when I saw the firmware update I was kinda excited to be honest and thought maybe DJI had indeed been listening to its user’s, but as you say, they have really got some good competition that is here right now and no longer away on the horizon, so I do think DJI should really start to step up their game or they could lose sales to the competitors.

To be brutally honest, I brought my Mini about 5-6 month before the Mini 2 came out, I am thinking of saving and getting a Mavic Air 2 or Mavic 2 pro sometime, however at the moment I am holding off until I see how they flesh out the DJI fly app and waiting to see what they will add or change with the next firmware updates for the Mavic Mini.

I do think like you said though that we will more than likely get a firmware update, I don’t believe they would just abandon the drone that more than likely had millions of sales globally and helped define the sub 250g drone genre.
2021-3-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

mark117h Posted at 3-2 12:26
Yeah, forget it everyone, its just a frequency update for people in the Ukraine, guess that was a big old waste of excitement here.
sorry all, we are getting jack diddly squat.

Dang, I got excited when I saw your title.  Now the wind is out of my sails so to speak.  No problem as I still hold hope for at least one more firmware update.  My local Best Buy store can't keep the Mini or Mini 2 in stock as they sale out as soon as they hit the shelves.  So maybe DJI will see that the Mini is still doing good in the market and will get motivated for another firmware update.  
2021-3-3
Use props
mark117h
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-3 07:37
Dang, I got excited when I saw your title.  Now the wind is out of my sails so to speak.  No problem as I still hold hope for at least one more firmware update.  My local Best Buy store can't keep the Mini or Mini 2 in stock as they sale out as soon as they hit the shelves.  So maybe DJI will see that the Mini is still doing good in the market and will get motivated for another firmware update.

I get exactly how you are feeling mate, mad thing is that as soon as I saw the update I came here to let the forum know, little did I know at the time that the joke was on me lol , it ended up being a little update for our fellow flyers in the Ukraine so I had to come back and retract what I said.

Still, I also hold out in the hope’s that we will see at least one more nice firmware upgrade for our beloved Mini’s.
2021-3-3
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

One good thing is that they are doing updates and that Keeps us happy and actually those updates actually hall their sales up. We are their best sales people. And I think they listen to us here mor than we think.
I believe there are still more updates they will still be doing.  There are still some flaws they still need to address.
As we all know we all get excited when we do get updates like the new Compass and satellite information.
On the satellite information I’d rather see the satellite numbers increased in size rather than have having to tap to see it.
Older people wood like to see the data numbers increased a little so they don’t have to use their bifocals to read them , that’s a pain.  Like on the mini 2 that I am planning on getting they have a speed glitch that reduced speed when you are at 0 degrees or at 90 degrees and that could cause a flyaway in winds of the operator doesn't know it’s there. That should be a turn on and off option in the safety settings.
Doug
2021-3-3
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

mark117h Posted at 3-3 06:24
I agree with what you are saying, I was just a little gutted, when I saw the firmware update I was kinda excited to be honest and thought maybe DJI had indeed been listening to its user’s, but as you say, they have really got some good competition that is here right now and no longer away on the horizon, so I do think DJI should really start to step up their game or they could lose sales to the competitors.

To be brutally honest, I brought my Mini about 5-6 month before the Mini 2 came out, I am thinking of saving and getting a Mavic Air 2 or Mavic 2 pro sometime, however at the moment I am holding off until I see how they flesh out the DJI fly app and waiting to see what they will add or change with the next firmware updates for the Mavic Mini.

I feel the same as others and I don't rule it out as it's not been discontinued, with the market catching up with drones that are closer to the mini 2 in terms of features and performance at the price of the mini 1. It makes me think that if DJI doesn't want competition to take away from sales of the mini 1's market they will respond with some form of update that brings the mini 1 closer to the mini 2 in terms of software for the same price. It'd be a way to revive life into the older drone while staying competitive in the up and coming 249g market at that price range while offering equivalent feature set.

None the less, I wasn't able to pick up a mini 2 during Christmas and 5 months later I'd rather wait and see if there will be a mini 3 now that a handful of brands are coming to market in the next few months we could very well see yet another mini so soon after last.
2021-3-3
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

lol dang you for getting our hopes up...have a great day friend
2021-3-3
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

Fimi Mini on the way...with all the bells and whistles at much cheaper cost....DJI better take care of their customers, 'cause competition is fierce...
2021-3-3
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Oh... Got excited too quickly lol
So sad Mini1 has been now forgotten... Seriously considering other options.
2021-3-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

mark117h Posted at 3-3 08:43
I get exactly how you are feeling mate, mad thing is that as soon as I saw the update I came here to let the forum know, little did I know at the time that the joke was on me lol , it ended up being a little update for our fellow flyers in the Ukraine so I had to come back and retract what I said.

Still, I also hold out in the hope’s that we will see at least one more nice firmware upgrade for our beloved Mini’s.

Not a problem.  Your motive to quickly post and share a firmware update is applauded.  You had great intentions.  

So now, we just wait and hope.  
2021-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules