V2 Goggles do not work with MacBook Pro
5157 8 2021-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BioNycc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 447684 ft
United States

V2 Goggles purchased and arrived Saturday. Since then, I can get them to power on, but that is all. Here are the MacBook and V2 Specs I'm running as well as video.
I've used two different macs, two different model years btw, both running OS BigSur (latest version), and all that happens is when the goggles are "plugged in" the computer makes a sound like it normally would to recognize that "something" was connected byt the DJI Assitant never once picks up the goggles so I can not activate them at all.

I have used the standard USBC Apple Cable, and I went to Best Buy to purchase the standard Insignia cable that specifically says it transfers files on the back.

2021-3-2
Use props
the02pope
lvl.1

Canada

same problem
2021-5-20
Use props
FrootWhoopz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 253832 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My Mac would detect the goggles and try to start the firmware update but it would fail every time. I then tried it on a PC and it updated instantly.
So many glitches and issues with this FPV Combo.
2021-5-20
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

Do you have the FPV drone as well?

Apparently there's a severe problem with some firmware versions of the V2 goggles. See post #6 of this thread.

And by the way, vertical video is a crime against humanity no matter how many people do it. And no, I will not admit defeat on this issue.

2021-5-20
Use props
BioNycc
lvl.2
United States

All, I switched the cables, and I switched the MAC as well. and downloaded it onto my fiancé's.

This didn't solve the problem. I have two pairs of the V2 Goggles (one paired to my Iflight ProTek 35HD and one with the DJI FPV System) and it was the one for my ProTek that didn't pair. I also had to use a Windows based computer to solve the issue.
2021-5-20
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

BioNycc Posted at 5-20 15:58
All, I switched the cables, and I switched the MAC as well. and downloaded it onto my fiancé's.

This didn't solve the problem. I have two pairs of the V2 Goggles (one paired to my Iflight ProTek 35HD and one with the DJI FPV System) and it was the one for my ProTek that didn't pair. I also had to use a Windows based computer to solve the issue.

"and one with the DJI FPV System"

Do you mean the new DJI FPV Drone?

If so, you might need to temporarily pair the problem goggles with the drone until you get the firmware updated. You can then pair the goggles back with the other drone.
2021-5-20
Use props
BioNycc
lvl.2
United States

Duane Degn Posted at 5-20 16:32
"and one with the DJI FPV System"

Do you mean the new DJI FPV Drone?

Yes. I have two sets.

And the issue was the one for the ProTek 35HD and NOT the FPV V2 set.

Everything is resolved.
2021-5-20
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have had many issues in the past doing Assistant 2 updates if plugged into a a Macs USB 3 or above port. If you use a USB 2 dock it works fine.

2021-5-21
Use props
mr.dale.darby
lvl.1

Mauritius

Just to add here for anyone getting really frustrated with it (as I was) - yes, you need to use an old USB 2 connection on a Macbook. I'd tried 4 different USB-c cables but the only thing that worked was using a regular old USB-A cable conncted to an usb-a to usb-c converter going into the macbook port. So dumb
2023-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules