Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ranrick
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8743645 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

Hey guys,

I just wanted to ask if the remote controller has a temperature sensor to let it know if it is overheating or not. I'm asking cause I was flying directly under a hot sun, and with the mavic mini controller being all black, it felt really hot to the touch and I'm just worried it might get damaged; although the surrounding was like 28 degrees celsius max.
2021-3-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't "think" the RC has a built-in heat sensor.  Here in the Southeastern US I have flown many times in 37 degrees celsius and never had an RC heat issue. I "think" the only heat producer within the RC is the internal battery but could be wrong.   
2021-3-3
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

I never had any warning with mine and I live in Arizona ...what I do do is fly early morning or night..I keep my phone and remote outta direct sunlight
2021-3-3
Use props
ranrick
Second Officer
  • >>>
Philippines

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-3 07:31
I don't "think" the RC has a built-in heat sensor.  Here in the Southeastern US I have flown many times in 37 degrees celsius and never had an RC heat issue. I "think" the only heat producer within the RC is the internal battery but could be wrong.

Thanks for the info, just a bit on edge I guess since this is my first drone and still learning the ropes and safety precautions.
2021-3-3
Use props
ranrick
Second Officer
  • >>>
Philippines

RenegadeCowboyAZ Posted at 3-3 16:39
I never had any warning with mine and I live in Arizona ...what I do do is fly early morning or night..I keep my phone and remote outta direct sunlight

Alright thanks for the tip! It was actually my first time flying at noon since I usually fly near sunset, and the sunlight heating it up just crossed my mind until I actually got the drone back on the ground already.
2021-3-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, ranrick. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. As already been answered, the Mavic Mini remote does not have a built-in temperature sensor but it can withstand being used in a high-temperature environment.
2021-3-4
Use props
ranrick
Second Officer
  • >>>
Philippines

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-4 00:15
Hi, ranrick. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. As already been answered, the Mavic Mini remote does not have a built-in temperature sensor but it can withstand being used in a high-temperature environment.

Thank you for the info and reassurance!
2021-3-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

ranrick Posted at 3-4 00:25
Thank you for the info and reassurance!

You're most welcome and should you have further concerns, please let us know.
2021-3-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

ranrick Posted at 3-3 23:41
Thanks for the info, just a bit on edge I guess since this is my first drone and still learning the ropes and safety precautions.

You're very welcome.    The Mavic Mini is a great little "learning" drone.  Small but very capable.  I'm sure you'll enjoy it.  
2021-3-4
Use props
ranrick
Second Officer
  • >>>
Philippines

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-4 01:38
You're most welcome and should you have further concerns, please let us know.

Will do! Thanks again
2021-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules