Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI please grant the S1 access to the SDK
5195 46 2021-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BGA
lvl.4
United States

Wardword Posted at 3-3 13:13
After thinking about it, I think my mistake was adding the bottom code section in the PDF file to the end of the top section, and that was not required with the new setup info in the README file.

So the final adb functions had been run inside the APP, prior to me running the final .SH file from command prompt.

The SDK referenced in the hack is internal to the S1. It does not matter what OS you are running things on.
2021-3-3
Use props
Wardword
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

BGA Posted at 3-3 13:35
There are no Linux versions of the Robomaster app (well, technically the Android version is a Linux version). But you can run the Windows version under Wine, yes.

You do not need to run the app under Linux to do anything in any case.

"You do not need to run the app under Linux to do anything in any case."

Ok perfect, then I should be able to use the Pi for sure if I don't need to run the app in Linux.
2021-3-3
Use props
BGA
lvl.4
United States

Wardword Posted at 3-3 13:44
"You do not need to run the app under Linux to do anything in any case."

Ok perfect, then I should be able to use the Pi for sure if I don't need to run the app in Linux.

Sorry, now I understand what you wanted to know. You need to run the root script and that requires the Robomaster app. It is possible that you can run the root script on windows then unplug the S1 from the Windows machine and into the RPi and things will still work. I am not 100% sure of that though as I never tried.
2021-3-3
Use props
Wardword
lvl.2
Canada

BGA Posted at 3-3 13:55
Sorry, now I understand what you wanted to know. You need to run the root script and that requires the Robomaster app. It is possible that you can run the root script on windows then unplug the S1 from the Windows machine and into the RPi and things will still work. I am not 100% sure of that though as I never tried.

Ya so I tried again same result, followed instruction to the letter.

I was able to revert it back to normal no problem again, I guess it's just not meant to be for me.

My RM-S1 was recently purchased new, perhaps DJI changed something, possible new revision of the board, who knows.

But ya I'm giving up in it before my luck runs out.
2021-3-3
Use props
Wardword
lvl.2
Canada

Wardword Posted at 3-3 16:00
Ya so I tried again same result, followed instruction to the letter.

I was able to revert it back to normal again no problem again, I guess it's just not meant to be for me.

Oddly enough, after the 1st  install failed, when I would boot the robot after I restored the original file.

Both my S1 speaker upon booting, and the music in the app were making a crackling sound.

So I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, strange enough crackles went away.

The strange part is the Robot would crackle upon booting without the App even being loaded, then I would load the app and the app music was crackling.

Now it's back to perfect silent non crackling function.
Perhaps a fresh App install reset's the robot somehow ?.
I have no clue just describing what happened in case anyone else has a similar issue.
2021-3-3
Use props
pyguy
New
Canada

@BGA Did you ever get your Robomaster S1 to connect via QR image from running  the 05_sta_conn_helper.py example from the official Robomaster SDK using the method you described in the thread/zip?

Is it also possible to communicate TCP socket or any method to program in IDLE/PyCharm/VScode etc. without the ROBOMASTER Software running lab mode etc. in e.g. Windows/Mac/Android/Wine ?
2021-4-16
Use props
George1989
Flight distance : 34675 ft

China

I am using the latest firmware version 00060521, but when I compile according to the content of How to Root - Robomaster S1.pdf, an error appears, showing "Execution failed, error line number: 0; error message: Traceback (most recent call last): Exception: Thank you for making us progress together", is it because my firmware version is the latest ?, I deleted the last three lines of code, and "line 2 in root_me NameError: name rm_log is not defined" appears.
2023-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules