DJI Inspire 1 lost control
1866 10 2015-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
amyrmail
lvl.2

Bosnia and Herzegovina

DJI Inspire 1 lost control
After over 20 safe flights with DJI Inspire  something happend and many of you are describing similar situations on this forum.
I got the drone into the air in a city over a bridge. Before I did this i checked the parameters and it stand SAFE TO FLY.
After the drone was in the air it suddenly started to drift in different directions and I couldn´t control it.
After few seconds the drone hit the street light at the bridge and fall on the street. Just few centimeters separated it from falling into the river. I had huge luck because just one propeller was broken.
The problem is I don´t know what happend to the drone and what went wrong?!

2015-7-11
Use props
amyrmail
lvl.2

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Yes I have calibrated it from the bridge where I started.
2015-7-11
Use props
tapboxer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 824672 ft
United States

This happened to me today, it was all over the place when I brought it up. I just flew her around in circles to control her and brought it back down. I calibrated it and this time started it from the ground, not the back of my truck and it few perfect. I always bring her up with the legs down to about 15 feet to see how she acts before I do anything. I test all the movements, see how she's locking on (if I'm in GPS). and after everything seems normal, then I fly. Some people make the mistake of just flying off right away only to find out somethings not right... some will get it down and back safety and some won't, this can all be prevented, if we just take our time and don't rush to fly. This is not the first time its acted up when i took off, but I was ready for it every time. in fact all 3 time were my fault.

I'm glad you escaped with minimal damage. Never rush a new location flight or any as a matter of fact, but def. a new location
2015-7-11
Use props
rnlopes
New

Brazil

tapboxer@gmail. Posted at 2015-7-12 06:16
This happened to me today, it was all over the place when I brought it up. I just flew her around in ...

Unfortunately I was not so lucky....
I was flying about 10 min and than my Inspire one start to climb without any command! Lost Control!
it started to accelerate in backwards direction and fell down into the sea!

I will never know what really happened!
2015-7-11
Use props
tapboxer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 824672 ft
United States

rnlopes Posted at 2015-7-12 08:34
Unfortunately I was not so lucky....
I was flying about 10 min and than my Inspire one start to cl ...

wow thats crazy shit... 10 minutes up... where was the battery level when it started to act up? Was it low enough to want to make the I1 head off to some "unknown" home location?
2015-7-12
Use props
rnlopes
New

Brazil

tapboxer@gmail. Posted at 2015-7-12 18:21
wow thats crazy shit... 10 minutes up... where was the battery level when it started to act up? Wa ...

Was not so far....a new and fully charged battery at start...  with visual contact... lots of green bar.... no phone towers nearby... no "go home activate" as far as it was showing at remote!
How can I post the flight log?
It was very strange!
2015-7-14
Use props
amyrmail
lvl.2

Bosnia and Herzegovina

After few days of a break, I tried the drone today again.
Now following is happened, when the drone is in the air it started to loose hight and is descending.
2015-7-22
Use props
I.Curtis.macdon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4654993 ft
Canada

I had this same thing happen to me this morning. Calibrated the compass and everything was good for the first two or three minutes, then I took a photo and downloaded it to my iPad. Within a minute it started drifting and flying uncontrollably, I tried to land it but it wouldn't slow down so I could land, it then took off and was over a corn field and I brought it down while it was flying fast. It pulled the gimble off and broke a prop. The camera seems ok, but broke a connector in the gimble mount so I'll need to replace that.
The only thing I can think is that caused this is I was flying about 800-1000ft from a cell phone tower. I flew last week in this same area with no issues but today not so much.
2015-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules