2265 3 2021-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IMNdrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 298865 ft
  • >>>
United States

When attempting to use my Inspire 2 I got a firmware mismatch notice.
After an attempted firmware update for the Inspire 2 with Zenmuse X5S from Firmware .0300 to Firmware V01.02.0500 the firmware failed to update.
The Failed to Update error code is 0x02c103.

I have spent most of the day running firmware updates. So it has failed many, many times.

It typically fails at 92% or 94% complete.

Every item on the firmware seems to complete at 100% with the exception of 2:

• Image Processor
  • Lens Controller

If I skip the update and "Go Fly" I get a Camera Sensor error.

I have tried updating with DJI Go 4 and with DJI Assistant 2.

I also tried rolling back to the V01.02.0400 firmware.

I have tried all of the suggestions I can find in forums. Various different power sequences. Removing camera and putting in travel mode then taking out of travel mode and reinstalling camera. I have tried all 5 paired sets of my batteries. All fully charged and within the last 12 hours.

The firmware update process won't complete. It hangs at 92%. I eventually get firmware failure errors which I "reported" to DJI at least 4 times.

It was working fine until the firmware update failed. I just did a survey of 154 acres taking around 1,800 pictures and everything worked as it should.

Update:

I decided to uninstall and reinstall DJI Go 4.

After several failed attempts to update firmware with DJI Go 4 from iPad I retried DJI Assistant 2 from my Windows 10 laptop.

After a couple of attempts the firmware update to V01.02.0400 firmware finally completed. But the Camera Sensor Error persisted.

Then I let it update to V01.02.0500 firmware and it finally completed after about 30 minutes.

But I still have the Camera Sensor Error.

Now I have multiple errors:

Camera Sensor Error
Hardware Malfunction. Contact DJI Support for repairs

Downward Vision Sensor Calibration Error. Precision Hovering and Landing Protection may fail.
DJI Assistant Calibration Vision System is required

Compass Error. Calibration Required

All of the above after the firmware update. I was having none of these issues prior to the initial fireware update attempt and Camera Sensor Error.

I have two Zenmuse X5S cameras and both DJI and Olympus lenses. I have tried both cameras and both brands of lenses. One of the cameras is new and has never flown (it is a backup).

Is there anything that can be done short of sending the drone into DJI for repairs?

2021-3-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, IMNdrone. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Since the same problem continues, we strongly advise that you return your unit back to our Service Center. At your soonest convenience, please get in touch with our Customer Support to assist you to open a ticket. We hope that this can be resolved immediately.
2021-3-4
Use props
FPV Thailand
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1206775 ft
Thailand

I'm having the exact same problem. Did yours ever get resolved?
2021-6-25
Use props
CoopInTX
lvl.1

United States

Exact same issue on Inspire2 with no help from DJI. This is 100% a firmware causing customers to return/service their equipment. Completely unacceptable DJI.
2021-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules