RS2 with Ronin-S focus wheel - how to install
6087 4 2021-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Helmet Films and VFX
lvl.2
Norway

Hi.

I recently purchased the Ronin-s Focus Wheel for my RS2 gimbal.
When I first attached it to the gimbal, the gimbal did some kind of firmware update on the wheel.
So it seemed there was some kind of connection between the gimbal and the focus wheel.
I can't get the wheel to work though. I've spent many hours on both google and youtube to no avail.

I just don't understand how to set it up. Should it work straight out of the box?
When attached the wheel blinks red.

Can anyone point me to a tutorial or a manual where the installation process is properly explained?

Cheers!

Stian
Helmet Films & Visual Effects
2021-3-3
Use props
StoneWolf
lvl.1
France

Hi Stian, in order to control the wheel focus, you have to set up your Dial Function (swipe up on the main menu) to "Focus Motor". You can then setup the Endpoints of your focus wheel by swiping left from the main menu and scrolling down to "Focus Motor Endpoint". Let me know if that helps!
2021-3-3
Use props
Helmet Films and VFX
lvl.2
Norway

StoneWolf Posted at 3-3 05:52
Hi Stian, in order to control the wheel focus, you have to set up your Dial Function (swipe up on the main menu) to "Focus Motor". You can then setup the Endpoints of your focus wheel by swiping left from the main menu and scrolling down to "Focus Motor Endpoint". Let me know if that helps!

Hi.
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I've set the dial function to focus motor. So I can control the focus with my index finger on the gimbal itself.

Now that I've bought the bigger Ronin-S Focus Wheel i can't get a connection.
The wheel I've got is this one: https://store.dji.com/no/product/ronin-s-focus-wheel
Not sure why they call it Ronin-R, all the images have the name Ronin-S on them.

How can I get this to connect to the gimbal. When attached it just blinks red.

What's the process of getting these to work together?
Is it just plug'n'play? Is it possible that I have a dud product?

Cheers,
Stian
2021-3-3
Use props
Helmet Films and VFX
lvl.2
Norway

I'm sorry, but I have to bump my own post.

I think it's strange that no one have any experience using the ronin-s/r follow focus wheel with the RS2.
It seems like my problem could have a simple solution, but I'm not sure if I have a bad piece of equipment or if there's some trick to connecting the focus wheel to the gimbal.

Would be great to hear from a DJI representative.

Cheers,
Stian
2021-3-8
Use props
djiuser_PTllXZ6tXazS
New
Flight distance : 51381 ft
United Kingdom

Helmet Films and VFX Posted at 2021-3-8 02:33
I'm sorry, but I have to bump my own post.

I think it's strange that no one have any experience using the ronin-s/r follow focus wheel with the RS2.

Hi,

Did you get this to work in the end?
I am thinking about purchasing the "DJI R Focus Wheel" as a second control/ motor

Thanks
2022-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules