DJI kml tags that are supported by Pilot app.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wlnolan
lvl.1
Canada

Does DJI have a document that lists all of the DJI tags that need to be inserted into a kml file to set waypoints and flight parameters for import in the Pilot app?
I have hobbled a kml to import by setting flight paramers in the Pilot app and then exporting the kml to see what dji adds but there must be some documentation for this.

Thanks
Larry

2021-3-3
Use props
Pedro.Marques
lvl.2

Portugal

Hi,

I share the same question. If possible, I also would like to have this information.

Thank you,
Pedro Marques
2021-10-25
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

It would also be useful to know what kml features and tags are UNSUPPORTED by all DJI apps that allow import (GS RTK, Pilot, GS Pro, etc.). I've had kml's produced different ways be either unrecognized or work fine, and like @wlnolan I could suss out the differences myself but it would be much better (and more authoritative) for DJI to share this information with their users.

And for that matter, DJI apps should accept kmz as well as kml...
2021-10-26
Use props
Pedro.Marques
lvl.2

Portugal

Anyone can help on this topic?
2021-11-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried the developer forum.   https://forum.dji.com/forum-139-1.html?from=developer
2021-11-3
Use props
Pedro.Marques
lvl.2

Portugal

Also no luck there  @DAFlys
2021-11-4
Use props
NSK Drones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3775476 ft
United States

Pedro.Marques Posted at 2021-11-4 10:17
Also no luck there  @DAFlys

Here it is March 2023, and I am looking for the same answers. I know a bit that might be helpful, though. We bought UgCS, which can output a KMZ file specific for Pilot 2 consumption. I imported this KMZ into the M300 controller in Pilot 2, worked fine. I then unzipped this KMZ on my PC and found it contained not only a KML file, but also a WPML file. Other forum discussions have spoken about the need for single polygons only per KML, and I as yet do not know what the KML "language" is, so I cannot comment on the contents of the two files. Once I learn more, I will post here in case it is helpful.
2023-3-6
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

NSK Drones Posted at 3-6 18:04
Here it is March 2023, and I am looking for the same answers. I know a bit that might be helpful, though. We bought UgCS, which can output a KMZ file specific for Pilot 2 consumption. I imported this KMZ into the M300 controller in Pilot 2, worked fine. I then unzipped this KMZ on my PC and found it contained not only a KML file, but also a WPML file. Other forum discussions have spoken about the need for single polygons only per KML, and I as yet do not know what the KML "language" is, so I cannot comment on the contents of the two files. Once I learn more, I will post here in case it is helpful.

Open the KML with notepad, you'll see it's quite simple.
2023-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules