New Mini 2 Firmware Released (03/04/2021)
40324 69 2021-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tim McManus
New
Flight distance : 1440 ft
United States

I went to a reservoir to do some video captures.  I have three batteries.  Everything was fully charged and I have the v1.3 version of the app on my iPhone.  I downloaded and updated the Mini 2 while at home before I left.

After each battery change the Mini 2 would drop connection about 15 seconds into each flight.  I had solid line of sight and it worked okay after that initial loss of signal.  It did this consistently within 15 second after launch after each battery change.  I have been flying this drone for about a month with zero problems until this most recent firmware update.  I am glad it reconnected with the drone each time or else it would be 180' underwater right now.

Not a great experience.
More Info:  I am 100% sure it is the firmware.  I updated the app on the phone on March 2, and flew March 10 and 11 without any issues whatsoever.  Today's flights had issues each time after the firmware update.

2021-3-13
Use props
djiuser_Vh1o8g8o6P2Y
lvl.3
Flight distance : 811788 ft
United States

Turfolk Posted at 3-4 02:09
Update went smooth for me also and I will do a test fligt this afternoon to see if they surprisingly might have fixed some of the issues on my list below.
Update: Just did test flight and non of the below has been adressed in the update!

Your list of issues is accurate and your list of things that should have fixed long ago is also dead on.  CYour asks are reasonable and I have observed many other people asking for them without response from DJI. These issues combined with the new issue of no in-app self unlock, in the field, for blue authorization zones has me looking at Autel and Skydio.
2021-3-18
Use props
djiuser_Vh1o8g8o6P2Y
lvl.3
United States

ckoerner Posted at 3-13 07:53
Update went smoothly, but this bug gave me a chuckle. Someone missed a decimal point.

[view_image]

Looks like a Windoze update!
2021-3-18
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

djiuser_Vh1o8g8o6P2Y Posted at 3-18 22:12
Your list of issues is accurate and your list of things that should have fixed long ago is also dead on.  CYour asks are reasonable and I have observed many other people asking for them without response from DJI. These issues combined with the new issue of no in-app self unlock, in the field, for blue authorization zones has me looking at Autel and Skydio.

"Has me looking at Autel and Skydio" lol! You do that and enjoy playing with your 2nd rate drones while the rest of us continue using our premium DJI products.
2021-3-19
Use props
djiuser_BgfXuElXBXUq
New
Flight distance : 1886 ft
Philippines

Smooth update
2021-3-20
Use props
Sebo2008
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148379 ft
Mexico

Hello yesterday i get my new dji mini 2.

i make a first flight with the dji fly app (version 1.3.1) and everything works.

today i need to update to the version 01.02.0300 i connect my smartphone (iphone 11 pro) with the controller and the mini 2 and download the latest firmware (01.02.0300).
the download works but the installation only works until 95% and cancel the installation. and error code 4000 please try again but nothing works....

i check with the dji assistant but there is no support for the dji mini 2 for the firmware, only the controller i checked and it is updated.

what i dried:
- restart of each part (iphone, controller, mini 2)
- new installation of the fly app
- with the iphone XR from my wife (same error only until 95% of the installation)
- disconnect from wifi & bluetooth

who could help, what could i try?
thx a lot

so the update for me was not good
2021-3-20
Use props
snorak88
New

Canada

Hi everyone! I am not able to update the latest mini 2 firmware!
I have the latest fly app version on Iphone Xs, was able to update the controller. the drone once on the previous update but when i want to update the drone to the latest; it download the update on my phone (50mb approx.) then i clic update and this is where i end up. i wait forever and nothing happen. no camera mouvement or sound from the drone. after more then 20 minutes i abort the process. begin again and again. but nothing is updated??? any solution please??
2021-3-21
Use props
Sebo2008
lvl.1
Mexico

snorak88 Posted at 3-21 09:59
Hi everyone! I am not able to update the latest mini 2 firmware!
I have the latest fly app version on Iphone Xs, was able to update the controller. the drone once on the previous update but when i want to update the drone to the latest; it download the update on my phone (50mb approx.) then i clic update and [view_image] this is where i end up. i wait forever and nothing happen. no camera mouvement or sound from the drone. after more then 20 minutes i abort the process. begin again and again. but nothing is updated??? any solution please??

i have the same problem i can install only up to 95% than it cancel.

try this:

- check battery
- restart all
- install fly app again
- delete cache inside the dpi fly app
- dry another smartphone

i try everything but it does not help but i heard in some cases it work with this. just give me a feedback if it works.

thx regards
2021-3-21
Use props
snorak88
New

Canada

Sebo2008 Posted at 3-21 11:20
i have the same problem i can install only up to 95% than it cancel.

try this:

Hello, I was able to do the update finally! I just erase the app from my iphone, shut down the iphone, reopen it and reinstalled the app. If you are able to change the cable between the controller and the phone, try it. I didn't have an extra cable but i put it the other way and restarted the drone and the controller. The message for upgrade appears and did it very rapidly. It works now. I hope it will work for you.
2021-3-21
Use props
Sebo2008
lvl.1
Mexico

snorak88 Posted at 3-21 11:34
Hello, I was able to do the update finally! I just erase the app from my iphone, shut down the iphone, reopen it and reinstalled the app. If you are able to change the cable between the controller and the phone, try it. I didn't have an extra cable but i put it the other way and restarted the drone and the controller. The message for upgrade appears and did it very rapidly. It works now. I hope it will work for you.

thx no it does not work but another cable i do not have.
2021-3-21
Use props
djiuser_Vh1o8g8o6P2Y
lvl.3
United States

BaliSkies Posted at 3-19 12:22
"Has me looking at Autel and Skydio" lol! You do that and enjoy playing with your 2nd rate drones while the rest of us continue using our premium DJI products.

Ha!  At least they don't use geofencing and you can actually fly the hardware you purchased.
2021-3-21
Use props
djiuser_Vh1o8g8o6P2Y
lvl.3
United States

Tim McManus Posted at 3-13 13:32
I went to a reservoir to do some video captures.  I have three batteries.  Everything was fully charged and I have the v1.3 version of the app on my iPhone.  I downloaded and updated the Mini 2 while at home before I left.

After each battery change the Mini 2 would drop connection about 15 seconds into each flight.  I had solid line of sight and it worked okay after that initial loss of signal.  It did this consistently within 15 second after launch after each battery change.  I have been flying this drone for about a month with zero problems until this most recent firmware update.  I am glad it reconnected with the drone each time or else it would be 180' underwater right now.

Update went smoothly with old version of app. Flying OK.  

A day later, new version of app (why not from PlayStore?). Flying OK, now, with both new app (on OnePlus 6T) and new firmware.
2021-3-21
Use props
Sl55kleemann
lvl.1
France

Same issue with the horizon, please fix It as soon as possible.
example:
2021-3-25
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Sl55kleemann Posted at 3-25 04:22
Same issue with the horizon, please fix It as soon as possible.
example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4veEFfcnfE

Have you tried manual calibration?
2021-3-25
Use props
djiuser_SQOJ3xiSHAhS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16076 ft
France

Hello everyone
After the latest update (1.3.0) I've experienced black screen issue just after opening dji fly app and taping on FLY (I tried reinstalling the app)
I never had a problem like that with older versions...
I hope that dji will solve this too
2021-3-26
Use props
Der Nik
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111122 ft
Germany

Hi DJI,
Since the update I get a warning at 100 meters. Why, when the maximum altitude in Germany is 120 meters above ground.?
Otherwise the update works without binding

Regards Der Nik
2021-3-31
Use props
djiuser_fscTEtkWs1Tq
New
Flight distance : 153812 ft
Bulgaria

Pls add tracking objects with camera in new future updates. Because very useful thing for any active people. Stay safe! ✌
2021-3-31
Use props
Danveal
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

CABLE CAM MODE
2021-4-1
Use props
Rammy66
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49501 ft
United Kingdom

Any chance of having D-Cinelike (or other log) in the next firmware?
2021-4-1
Use props
Rados
lvl.1

Czechia

I have the same problem with horizon as users:

post number      user
38#                     DronePilot567
40#                     Lom6605

I try everything... IMU calibration, gimbal calibration. Gimbal is aligned with horizon, my problem is when I do some move to the side. Gimbal overcompensate (or simply bad compensate) the side movement of the aircraft to hold straight horizon. I have this issue since this update. Look on video link below:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DhvWgrJdq_dWDfN1HPDzwq5wh3aXqeI7/view

and even I have the same problem with black screen as the user
post number      user
39#                       Photo Drone

How is it possible that some user have these issues and others not? Does the DJI do any beta test before launch the update? Or it will be good have choice to downgrade to previous version. I was happy with drone but after update I am annoyed because it doesn't work so well as at the beginning. DJI please solve it + make some reply to these problems. Thanks.
2021-4-2
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Der Nik Posted at 3-31 03:50
Hi DJI,
Since the update I get a warning at 100 meters. Why, when the maximum altitude in Germany is 120 meters above ground.?
Otherwise the update works without binding

Hi Nik,

did you check the maximum height set im the app?  Parameters might be changed after an update of firmware or software.
2021-4-2
Use props
Az.TheWolf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25144 ft
United States

ckoerner Posted at 3-13 07:53
Update went smoothly, but this bug gave me a chuckle. Someone missed a decimal point.

[view_image]

I had the exact issue.. I believe it was a battery firmware update on mine. The Drone firmware was okay.
2021-4-5
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

Lom6605 Posted at 3-11 09:05
In this video you can see how the horizon is littered. And this is after the firmware

That is strange. Already fixed it?
2021-4-5
Use props
Lucagne
New
Italy

Hi, is possible to record audio with the video?
2021-4-6
Use props
djiuser_D8JQUS1IQRah
New

United States

Give us dlog, or picture profiles at least
2021-4-6
Use props
Lom6605
lvl.3

Israel

Cients Posted at 4-5 13:16
That is strange. Already fixed it?

Yes, now the horizon is normal. But now something else is annoying, every time you open the application, the FPV update message appears.
2021-4-8
Use props
djiuser_ncuZDO5cFq3B
New
Flight distance : 330741 ft
United Kingdom

I have a problem, sometime when I start recording the picture freezes and then comes back again, when playing back the clip it records the same and sometime the video file is corrupted and does not play at all, does anyone else get this?
And also my AEB will only take 2 picture not 3 which is really annoying and i dont get the full efect when editing! please sort this out DJI .
2021-5-5
Use props
djiuser_Vh1o8g8o6P2Y
lvl.3
United States

DronePilot567 Posted at 3-11 06:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDb81jAFptE#Quick Reply Here#So having spent the last few days trying to find out why my gimbal has been uneven and not level looking on the horizon, I finally found out why, the latest firmware update. This was found on a popular youtubers channel who was also expirencing the same problem as me as well as many others, will the gimbal being uneven after countless calibartions yet still dosent work making filming near impossible to for level shots!  So I contaced DJI about this issue showing them the video but they wanted me to return my drone for inspection which is pointless as the video clearly shows its a firmware issue and not a hardware issue! This really frustrates me as DJI have not yet resolved this issue and they bascailly they said they cant do anything about it unless I return my drone for inspection and pay a fee for the inspection which is a joke! DJI should be able to fix this with a new firmware update, so let me know your guys view on this and if youve had this issue as well like many others and I also encourage you to reach out to DJI with this video if your having the problems so DJI can address it.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDb81jAFptE

Gimbal tilt, no wind.
2021-5-13
Use props
djiuser_Vh1o8g8o6P2Y
lvl.3
United States

luipic Posted at 3-13 12:34
Probably, the black screen issue is not firmware related.
It occurs to me with android phone and dji fly 1.3.0 (928). On a similar phone with dji 1.3.0 (925) no issues at all.

I have also had the black screen with app quit/disconnect.
Very scary.

On reconnect, new flight log starts and proves the issue as it has no spinup or launch event. The log simply starts in midair!
2021-5-13
Use props
izdb
New

Italy

Come mai è stata rimossa la feature per ricaricare l'iPhone quando collegato al radiocomando?
2021-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules