12345Next >
81507 198 2021-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
danbb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1161955 ft
Bulgaria

Hi guys, what is the ETA of the DJI Virtual Flight App for Android?
2021-3-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there danbb. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future updates and mobile device compatibilities for the DJI Virtual Flight Application. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2021-3-4
Use props
DStealth
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26568 ft
United Kingdom

Damn, I had purchased the DJI FPV drone yesterday with the intention of being able to log a few hours in the simulator before I took it outside. I had no idea you needed to have a apple product to use it. Wish I had known this before...
2021-3-5
Use props
Shaunwh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131476 ft
United Kingdom

I have an iPad mini but docent work on there either ... resolution is all messed up
2021-3-5
Use props
fabdji
lvl.1
Flight distance : 448114 ft
France

DStealth Posted at 3-5 04:30
Damn, I had purchased the DJI FPV drone yesterday with the intention of being able to log a few hours in the simulator before I took it outside. I had no idea you needed to have a apple product to use it. Wish I had known this before...

I am in the same situation ... I am furious !!!
2021-3-5
Use props
fansa7a9774f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 277966 ft
Sweden

Hi!
I am in the same situation .. .. I 'm furious too!!!
2021-3-5
Use props
fansa5560287
New

United States

That was lucky was just about to buy the fpv drone but shunning android .......no way I won't be touching  one now!!!!
2021-3-5
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's pretty poor on DJI's part to not have both platforms supported considering how many more Android users there are than iOS users worldwide   That said, you really only need the simulator if you're trying to go into M - Manual mode, which is where the controls and behaviour differ so much from traditional 'Mavic-style' flying.  
And as you can see, it's still crazy fun even when not going into Manual mode

2021-3-5
Use props
djiuser_dRx0BPXqbtL7
lvl.1

United States

Absolutely unacceptable. I can't believe I just bought a drone for more than a thousands bucks and DJI specifically misled us to believe the Virtual Flight app was available on Android. How irresponsible to release it with no app for Android users which make up like 2 BILLION people.
2021-3-6
Use props
JimmyJamz
New
Flight distance : 597 ft
United States

djiuser_dRx0BPXqbtL7 Posted at 3-6 07:33
Absolutely unacceptable. I can't believe I just bought a drone for more than a thousands bucks and DJI specifically misled us to believe the Virtual Flight app was available on Android. How irresponsible to release it with no app for Android users which make up like 2 BILLION people.

Yeah, I canceled a $1500 order when I found that.  The bigger problem is you have to sideload all  the apps for android.  

They really need to update the FAQ page with compatable devices.  I have accesss to an ipad air and I am not sure that will work either.  I don't want to pay to find out.
2021-3-6
Use props
djiuser_v1OYol0G4Oc6
New

United States

Ian in London Posted at 3-5 23:43
It's pretty poor on DJI's part to not have both platforms supported considering how many more Android users there are than iOS users worldwide   That said, you really only need the simulator if you're trying to go into M - Manual mode, which is where the controls and behaviour differ so much from traditional 'Mavic-style' flying.  
And as you can see, it's still crazy fun even when not going into Manual mode
https://youtu.be/JxB_j0W7P5k

One of the main reasons we are buying this drone is to use M mode. Otherwise why buy this drone.
2021-3-6
Use props
kevinh98
lvl.3
Flight distance : 878471 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I really like DJI products but this sort of thing happens far too often.

Had to sell a crystalsky when I got a MA2.

Then got the smart controller and had trouble downloading Fly App

Sort the software out DJI you have the resources.

Kevin
2021-3-6
Use props
badomens
lvl.2
Flight distance : 147507 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This seems to be a dirty little secret. Can barely find it mentioned anywhere. Even the youtube video showing the setup doesn't have a single mention of it.  Mine arrived this morning and I've already packed it up and started the return process.  I ONLY got this for learning full acrobatic mode.... Even if they had a PC simulator for it, then I'd have used that... but just Apple.... unbelievable.
2021-3-6
Use props
21DJIDrones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1161955 ft
Bulgaria

It is a huge drawdown that DJI did not release the Virtual Flight App for Android, however I found a solution which is better than nothing. You can use a third party FPV simulator on Android.

I found and tested FPV Freerider (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Freeride.Freerider&hl=en&gl=US) and FPV Freerider Recharged (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Freeride.FreeriderRecharged&hl=en&gl=US). I bought and tested both of them and it works without problems. They also offer a free version to test if the setup works but the ads are extremely annoying so do buy the full version. It costs just a few bucks.

You can connect the DJI FPV remote controller to your phone using the cables which arrive in the box. In my case I use a Galaxy S20 and connect one of the USB-C cables to the controller and the other one which is USB-Female to USB-C to my phone.

Obviously, you won't be able to use the googles so you have to satisfy yourself with just your mobile device's screen.

I also tried to connect the controller to my PC and use a PC FPV simulator but this did not work. Tried both on Windows 10 and Linux.
2021-3-6
Use props
badomens
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

21DJIDrones Posted at 3-6 09:55
It is a huge drawdown that DJI did not release the Virtual Flight App for Android, however I found a solution which is better than nothing. You can use a third party FPV simulator on Android.

I found and tested FPV Freerider (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Freeride.Freerider&hl=en&gl=US) and FPV Freerider Recharged (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Freeride.FreeriderRecharged&hl=en&gl=US). I bought a tested both of them and it works without problems. They also offer a free version to test if the setup works but the adds are extremely annoying so do buy the full version. It costs just a few bucks.

interesting....
2021-3-6
Use props
Germ0o
lvl.1
Costa Rica

I'm returning mine....this is nonsense.
2021-3-6
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204222 ft
  • >>>
Lithuania

It is a huge drawdown that DJI did not release the Virtual Flight App for Android, however I found a solution which is better than nothing. You can use a third party FPV simulator on Android.

I found and tested FPV Freerider (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Freeride.Freerider&hl=en&gl=US) and FPV Freerider Recharged (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Freeride.FreeriderRecharged&hl=en&gl=US). I bought and tested both of them and it works without problems. They also offer a free version to test if the setup works but the ads are extremely annoying so do buy the full version. It costs just a few bucks.

You should try DRL sim. It's better than the Virtual flight app, it has almost a 100 tutorial lessons from flying a toy drone to flying full manual in goggles. And works with DJI FPV remote.

2021-3-7
Use props
djiuser_qeO1fFTYCYbD
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Unfortunatly it is quite normal for DJI to release products before they're fully functional. I had the same issue with my DJI Mini a year or so ago, it was 4 weeks before I could use it because the fly app wasn't compatible with my S10+
2021-3-7
Use props
badomens
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is a huge drawdown that DJI did not release the Virtual Flight App for Android, however I found a solution which is better than nothing. You can use a third party FPV simulator on Android.

I plugged the controller into the Pc and it worked. Tried it with Drone Racing League app on Steam and it worked.  Might try running it with the quest 2 and virtual desktop for an approximation of wearing fpv headset.

I'll See how it works. Might reconsider the return
2021-3-7
Use props
djiuser_ZwL1CxdyTp2z
lvl.2
France

I tried to use the flight simulator with the quest 2 and the dji fpv controler with virtual desktop but it failed to load on Steam.

The most shocking for us Europeans and American clientele is Dji's response to Android s users. Even tho they do insist on using the virtual flight simulator to avoid damaging the drone on the first flight but fail to deliver it on the most commonly used system in our environment, they are totally unapologetic of their negligence. They seem to consider that demand exceeds offer by such a margin they can neglect the majority of their cientele with no tangible consequence in the short and mid term. Not reassuring for me, as  a first time Dji customer...
2021-3-7
Use props
badomens
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

badomens Posted at 3-7 03:06
I plugged the controller into the Pc and it worked. Tried it with Drone Racing League app on Steam and it worked.  Might try running it with the quest 2 and virtual desktop for an approximation of wearing fpv headset.

I'll See how it works. Might reconsider the return

Nah... screen isn't locked into your forward position.... just like having a big tv.  unless it can be done through the dji googles, then it's not the same.  Even the drone performances are probably not matching
2021-3-7
Use props
fans490d640f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 180 ft
United Kingdom

How very disappointing! And sheer case of professional dishonesty as the tutorial video of the virtual training from DJI does not make a single mention that the app is only available for inferior phones e.g. iOS! Same as many, I have the combo here in front of me all set to go and when I come to download the app on my Android phone, ... oh well ... I suppose DJI has never done a single product with absolute perfection ever and shall continue to keep up it's own tradition!
2021-3-7
Use props
djiuser_ZlIWtz5KOKUT
lvl.1

United States

Pretty silly that it's not available on Android.  I sure would like an explanation for this and when they plan to have it available for Android.  Just bought the FPV combo but don't have an iPhone.  I always thought it pretty standard procedure for most established companies to have both ios and android versions of their apps. Missing out on at least half of your customers being able to use it. Do better DJI!
2021-3-7
Use props
freddygarcia
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

disappointed and furious, I regret buying it, your DJ or your apple will not force me to use apple products
2021-3-7
Use props
enno.duplitzergmail.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21772 ft
Germany

I am very disappointed, too. Maybe I should cancel my order ...
2021-3-7
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

I hate Apple and never i'll buy its product.
I know is easier to develop an app in a closed system, but it's a tiny part of smartphone market.
2021-3-7
Use props
Sagittarius
lvl.1

Hungary

No android version? Only the half of the planet costumers have been lost! Shame...
2021-3-9
Use props
AS-3Ddruck
lvl.2
Flight distance : 149705 ft
Germany

Android might be more Difficult because how many Android Devices are out there and how many Apples hanging on the Tree?
I will wait but to be honest i thought at least i can try to get in to FULL FPV on this rainy Day today.
2021-3-9
Use props
GUEPARD PROD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1207536 ft
France

DJI they have the art of taking people for fools
2021-3-10
Use props
Amstrad6128
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89242 ft
Australia

DStealth Posted at 3-5 04:30

Same here, i would have thought android would have been more popular, with currently more android users worldwide this iso
2021-3-10
Use props
fansd7d0b77b
lvl.1

United States

Is it really that difficult to bring an existing app into the Android platform? Apps being exclusive to ios or android is ancient history at this point and completely unacceptable!
2021-3-10
Use props
djiuser_mTZgL5pN5DbA
lvl.1

Germany

Well, this release has been done to early. No Android support for the app and you need an IPhone 7plus or newer. It is useless for me for now.
2021-3-10
Use props
fansa7a9774f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 277966 ft
Sweden

djiuser_mTZgL5pN5DbA Posted at 3-10 10:59
Well, this release has been done to early. No Android support for the app and you need an IPhone 7plus or newer. It is useless for me for now.

Indeed .. I have IPhone 6 and it is useless for me .. too. I will not buy a new one for this
2021-3-10
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1478842 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Is there an android device powerful enough to run the sim?
2021-3-10
Use props
djiuser_tLCAtjP18lXf
New

India

Please release the  free Dji virtual flight app for Android.... Android users are more than the ios users..so,kindly accept this request....
2021-3-11
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
Flight distance : 13 ft
  • >>>
United States

How hard is it for a giant company like DJI to port an app from Apple to Android? It's really frustrating because this was how I was going to prep for manual mode!

This is almost as bad as not having the updated version of the app in the app store, and expecting new owners of the DJI FPV to figure out for themselves that they need to sideload the correct version of the app.
2021-3-11
Use props
Raymond Tsang
lvl.2
Flight distance : 107254 ft
Hong Kong

Why you DJI made all new release products is always ios first? Are you believe America First? It is made in China!
2021-3-11
Use props
djiuser_c9Qhl4sS1QPX
New

United States

Bought the fpv drone... got it in and ready to practice..... Own a Samsung phone.... really dji... really?
2021-3-11
Use props
djiuser_lk8PCpxFn2DS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1667 ft
United States

It's made with Unreal Engine so shouldn't be to hard to port/compile and, idk what kind of excuse they could use to justify to not a minimum have a desktop version for those that don't own a iPhone X or better.
2021-3-11
Use props
SebaFanini
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29154 ft
Italy

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-4 02:41
Hello there danbb. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future updates and mobile device compatibilities for the DJI Virtual Flight Application. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.

I don't expect an exact release date but at least know IF Dji is planning to release an android version ...
it seems to me the least since there are so many android users in the world
2021-3-12
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules