DJI Virtual Flight Android
81432 198 2021-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_NtehCobtEfum
lvl.2
United States

rgp1942 Posted at 5-8 14:26
Has anybody tried running the IOS version of Virtual Flight using an IOS emulator on Android?
IOS Emulators for Android

Great suggestion, is Cider safe?
2021-6-4
Use props
djiuser_7zO4VsUoMAix
lvl.1

United States

jdmagoo Posted at 3-10 13:03
Is there an android device powerful enough to run the sim?

Is that a real question? Samsung Galaxies 3 models old can run it.  Apple and android are roughly similar performance-wise in the most popular categories, with Samsung and Apple seemingly neck and neck for tje past few years.  I'm writing tthis on a Note9 that's been kicking butt for a few years now, it still runs everything including pretty big games smoothly.  It's also a pretty good desktop unit in a pinch, which makes managing firmware updates on my fleet of hardware a lot simpler.  

Long story short, yes.  Same-tier Android and Apple phones are pretty equal with some differences from unit to unit.
2021-6-5
Use props
SuperMajnBuu
New
Flight distance : 820 ft
Sweden

Try this video! You can use your PC! Otherwise try the game on Steam called "Liftoff".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBjjFo0rnK0&ab_channel=MrTechcat
2021-6-23
Use props
fanse9b9011a
New

Malta

DJI Is telling us that it's not a very reliable company and they are just after the money!  you can see for yourself on everything every new product they make 1 or 2 updates and that's it they forgot about it, and for android users we are always last on the list!
2021-6-27
Use props
emran
lvl.1
Flight distance : 83888 ft
Bangladesh

This is really unacceptable from DJI. Still no announcement or update from DJI on this matter.
2021-7-15
Use props
Broken Halo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 185190 ft
United States

Just adding to the frustration. Still can't believe this isn't fixed yet. I've been using a PC simulator to train but that doesn't change the fact the I expected the DJI FPV combo to be a complete package to learn when it absolutely IS NOT.
2021-7-17
Use props
sijugul109
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-4 02:41
Hello there danbb. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future updates and mobile device compatibilities for the DJI Virtual Flight Application. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.

Hi Stephen, i bought the dji fpv to do manual, but i need the the android fpv simulator. Please make the android simulator for us. Thanks
2021-7-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

sijugul109 Posted at 7-26 03:46
Hi Stephen, i bought the dji fpv to do manual, but i need the the android fpv simulator. Please make the android simulator for us. Thanks

Hello there sijugul109. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have give. This matter as been forwarded to our DJI R&D Team. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-7-28
Use props
djiuser_NtehCobtEfum
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-28 00:15
Hello there sijugul109. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have give. This matter as been forwarded to our DJI R&D Team. Have a safe and a happy flying always.

Because DJI was completely unware of Android and the fact that over half of the consumer base would be using Android during the development of the Virtual Flight App.

Are you legally required to tell us if DJI is either owned or is co-owned by crApple?

Guess what?

Not only am I NOT going to buy a POS crApple product, I will also make the DJI FPV my final product from DJI?

So massive strategy FAIL?

Can you go tell your buddies at crApple that we are not happy and that this strategy of only making the Virtual Flight App for crApple platform was a colossal failure?

Whoops, you don't need to tell crApple, you are crApple.

2021-7-28
Use props
dewens12
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2623130 ft
  • >>>
United States

When is it coming ?
2021-7-29
Use props
djiuser_JJMjfPCyM9zI
lvl.1

Italy

Shaunwh Posted at 3-5 05:30
I have an iPad mini but docent work on there either ... resolution is all messed up

Anche io ho dei grossi problemi con iPad mini, la gestione è complicata e la grafica è tutta confusa. Speriamo in Android.
2021-8-4
Use props
djiuser_4w8f58dRFkdJ
New
Russia

Hello, please answer, when will appear android app?
2021-8-6
Use props
djiuser_NtehCobtEfum
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_4w8f58dRFkdJ Posted at 8-6 14:25
Hello, please answer, when will appear android app?

"Hello, DJI customer support here, we are owned by Apple so we will never make an Android version of the Virtual Flight App. You can still fly your DJI FPV in Normal mode. Don't worry, if you wish to practice in Manual mode you can purchase our insurance so when you crash you can buy a new drone. Or, you can just buy an Apple iPhone. Either way, we make more profit by not making an Android version of the Virtual Flight App. The fact that the majority of tech enthusiasts and drone owners are using Android because Android isn't locked down, nor with displays that still, as of 2021, are limited to 60 Hz, isn't lost on us. Our decision to not have an Android version of the Virtual Flight App may seem like mere incompetence but I assure you, we will make more profit this way. Sorry your full DJI FPV experience (Manual Mode) will now entail either running out and needlessly "upgrading" to an Apple product or buying our insurance or buying a new drone when you invariably crash your FPV in Manual mode with no prior experience. Hope this helps. Thanks for choosing DJI." - DJI Customer Service Rep
2021-8-12
Use props
djiuser_o75QkB8gvBuS
lvl.1

United States

Right this is B.S.
2021-8-18
Use props
djiuser_o75QkB8gvBuS
lvl.1

United States

There's a conspiracy with iOS and Apple products
2021-8-18
Use props
fans4b534e5e
New

Ireland

Well this is not only disappointing but also confusing. There was no sign of this on the website and in videos and Android has a much bigger presence in the world. WHY???
2021-9-2
Use props
fans5480d4b2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1906401 ft
United States

Wow. I just received my DJI FPV today. One of the only reasons I got it is because this is my first FPV and it "supposedly" had a simulator. Well, I just found out it only works with Apple. I am not going to buy anything Apple and I am pretty steamed right now.
2021-9-4
Use props
djiuser_g6XmrfUHvZUV
New

Singapore

Any updates on this? @dji?
2021-9-7
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

SebaFanini Posted at 3-12 00:52
I don't expect an exact release date but at least know IF Dji is planning to release an android version ...
it seems to me the least since there are so many android users in the world

I don't believe in an Android version anymore .....     
2021-9-9
Use props
Amstrad6128
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89242 ft
Australia

Is there any information at all about DJI releasing a virtual flight app for Android, anything at all???
2021-9-9
Use props
djiuser_wtIgDdv3Gwv2
lvl.1

Japan

It angers me that they just completely neglected Android when it comes to this app. Winnie the Pooh land is obsessed with iPhones and they act like there's nothing outside of it. Most of the world uses Android but they live in their own bubble and don't see that.
2021-9-10
Use props
swunnink
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2276473 ft
Netherlands

Can you at least tell us if there are any plans for an Android version at all ?
2021-9-13
Use props
djiuser_jOnLk6JaDTYa
New

India

Please provide dji virtual flight app on android. ☹
2021-9-19
Use props
djiuser_VrlgOkw4TVjD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3652818 ft
  • >>>
Colombia

PicsArt_09-21-11.53.22.jpg
2021-9-21
Use props
djiuser_TRTzM3z7Ehuf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2345889 ft
Australia

DStealth Posted at 3-5 04:30
Damn, I had purchased the DJI FPV drone yesterday with the intention of being able to log a few hours in the simulator before I took it outside. I had no idea you needed to have a apple product to use it. Wish I had known this before...

Yep the most stupid system this far..the drone has no ios ports nor supplied cables like the mini and the mavics which suits me fine i hate apple products with a passion..so why with all the smarts and brains behind rhe development would u fit android type c cables and ports and  not supply an android flight sim ap instead of an ios one..beats the hell outta me how you still have no regards to how many people u have frustrated and caused them the break there drone premature because we are unable to practice before using acro mode.. stupid..and you cant even give us some hope as to if and when it will happen..pull your heads in and folliw through with what should have been sold with the package..not like they are cheap
2021-10-12
Use props
djiuser_TRTzM3z7Ehuf
lvl.1
Australia

fans4b534e5e Posted at 9-2 09:13
Well this is not only disappointing but also confusing. There was no sign of this on the website and in videos and Android has a much bigger presence in the world. WHY???

Must have a contract with apple..they do things in a way that ios products go about there privacy and firm ware blockers..mate im so so so P#$sed off
2021-10-12
Use props
Joel S
lvl.2
Flight distance : 189902 ft
United States

I just ordered one, and didn't know they had a sim.
Following.
Have android so Dji support, let us know if it will be made for andriod.
2021-11-11
Use props
TheViking
lvl.1

Norway

Yes ! DJI promotion material mention sim training, then I discovered that it's only IOS  !
I left the prison of Apple years ago, discovered much more/better functionality and freedom, and won't go back to Apple  - It's time to learn to program multiplatform apps, you know.
2021-11-17
Use props
fans12ffb8bc
New

Italy

Guys hello, waiting for dji to release the virtual flight on Android, do you know if the dji fpv controller can be used on any alternative simulator software /platform? Is liftoff still usable? Or DRL?
2021-11-18
Use props
djiuser_TRTzM3z7Ehuf
lvl.1
Australia

Hello there danbb. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future updates and mobile device compatibilities for the DJI Virtual Flight Application. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.

Wtf is wrong with you idiots its nearly been a year..you release a drone that has usb type c cables fir android..but release an ios flight sim qhat drugs are u on..i have about 50 friends all on hold till you do..so pull your fingers out and stop cutting deals with apple..its a fucking joke
2021-11-25
Use props
djiuser_TRTzM3z7Ehuf
lvl.1
Australia

DStealth Posted at 3-5 04:30
Damn, I had purchased the DJI FPV drone yesterday with the intention of being able to log a few hours in the simulator before I took it outside. I had no idea you needed to have a apple product to use it. Wish I had known this before...

Yep fucking dickheads dosnt make sense at all
2021-11-25
Use props
djiuser_hRuGqAxRVGZc
New

United States

What a disappointment! I just bought the DJI FPV bundle with the expectations of being able to visually practice first. This was a sales point and there was no mentioning that you have to have particular apple products.
Huge let down!
Dji....if you want more of the FPV community joining, you gotta have the options between Apple and Android.
2021-11-28
Use props
djiuser_PcXvOmixrvQG
lvl.1
United States

Just read every comment here. Most are complaining about lack of Android version. Some saying Apple is crap. Others suggest alternative flight simulators. Others that have tried the DJI simulator on Apple say it's no good anyway. SO, I would like to know,
1. Is there an alternative flight sim for Android that supports both the controller AND the Goggles? I don't think so based on what I've read here. Seems like a great opportunity for some flight sim developer.
2. Assuming above is no, which Android or PC apps work with the DJI FPV controller. FreeRider didn't work for me but I will keep trying.
I don't mind spending a few bucks on an alternative app.
In the mean time, I'm flying mine slowly in N mode and learning how it Flys. Have to say, it's really cool.
Those that have reported that the DJI SIMULATOR is crap are mostly experienced pilots, so I believe them. DJI knows that Android users would hate their SIM, and criticize it, so no Android version until it's great (if ever)
2021-12-1
Use props
djiuser_4aUoTvdINM2r
New

South Africa

I'm genuinely annoyed that I cannot do the flight simulator on my Android devices! Nowhere on the packaging or advertisements does it say that I need an iOS device in order to safely train myself for manual mode, and there's no way I'd be comfortable with using manual mode without first being trained. This is extremely frustrating, and I'll be enquiring about a refund.
2021-12-1
Use props
Joel S
lvl.2
Flight distance : 189902 ft
United States

So it's Now December 2, and so far the sim doesn't work with my old Ipad Air, 1st gen.

Tried to run it anyhow, and see if I could trick it into working. Login screens all messed up.

Another sim I saw in apple store looks pretty good.

It does have the FPV in one of the pictures, and it looks like fun.

Edit 12/03/2021 : Did some more searching this morning.
It's called DroneVR or Drone VR . Reading closer it needs a VR headset and doesn't look like

it works with goggles.
There's plenty of sims on Steam.
So, there are sims. From other users comments, the DJI sim is just marginal.
Buy a cheapy like a Mavic mini to practice with.
That's what I'm trying.
Get an app that simulates the 2 screens on a phone, a cheap headset holder and practice
with that.  Be better than the sim because it's actual model to fly.

Another option would be to make the SDK & API packages available to outside developers. The obstacle here, is so many
Android phones from different companies.  I've just started reading about that. Maybe somebody in the forum can answer.
Like, is the SDK and api the same general form or each company has it's own system ? I would guess, they are all different.
So where Apple is one system there's just too many variations in Android. Then which brand to support. That's a head scratcher to figure out.

The drones , plus extra batteries  and accesories are really costly.  They're in a hurry to get new models out.
DJI, being foreign based, shouldn't have a problem finding programmers.
I know here in the US, we have a labor shortage. Alot of people want a high paying job, but don't
want to do the actual work it takes, to get to that point.
I've read alot about programming, watched a number of programming videos,

and even signed up to take a couple of programming courses.
It's difficult material. I get it.  

Another obstacle in the US, is the cost of college has become terribly expensive.
I'm sure in China, and Europe education is available if you have the scores to get in.
I went to college more than 20 years ago. Was expensive then. and now sheesh.

Hard to understand from outside the company.

2021-12-2
Use props
Hend_Wij
lvl.1
Australia

been saving money to get dji fpv after i get it just find out no virtual app for android!! why? whats the reason for not making virtual app for android??? damn it
2021-12-10
Use props
PartlyCloudy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1226499 ft
Bulgaria

Here I join the hundreds if not thousands of Android users finding out there is no proper way to exercise the Manual mode in a safe virtual environment.
Very, very disappointing DJI...
I'm still considering if I should turn it back.

2021-12-10
Use props
djiuser_63tOEAgT1KCS
New

United States

Hello there danbb. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future updates and mobile device compatibilities for the DJI Virtual Flight Application. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.

DAMN IT MAN !!! I BOUGHT ONE ALSO. DOES IT ONLY FLY WITH I PHONE I HAVE AN ANDROID PHONE AND S6 TABLET ??? DAVID
2021-12-14
Use props
djiuser_63tOEAgT1KCS
New

United States

djiuser_dRx0BPXqbtL7 Posted at 3-6 07:33
Absolutely unacceptable. I can't believe I just bought a drone for more than a thousands bucks and DJI specifically misled us to believe the Virtual Flight app was available on Android. How irresponsible to release it with no app for Android users which make up like 2 BILLION people.

SAME HERE !!! THEY NEED TO GET AN ANDROID APP ASAP !!!
2021-12-14
Use props
RiChaDo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3085075 ft
Netherlands

what is taking so long? I'm practicing on liftoff but it's weird to have a dji drone but can't use the dji virtual flight I have android
2021-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules