Just go fly..
Sims are for pussies but then so are iPhones
If you're too scared to fly without a sim then fpv (manual mode) ain't for you
2021-12-16
Use props
djiuser_xo6wOgZ1P8zU
New

United States

Luckily I had an iPad 12.9" sitting around. It was useless until now.  Now it's the ultimate tool for the Dji FPV
2022-1-1
Use props
MADNESSSsss
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80276 ft
Sri Lanka

Is an Android app even in the pipeline?  

Or are there any recommended alternatives? At least on PC?
2022-1-3
Use props
djiuser_ZAJHGkY9CJI7
lvl.1

Sweden

I have asked "this" question (30 nov 2021) to DJI Support (dji.com/support) and got answer as below, I hope its correct or have you "DJI Stephen" any other info?

- Question: Recently bought a DJI FPV and wonder if/when a Android version of DJI Virtual Flight will be released?

- Got answer: Yes and the will release a new update January 2022.

Also asked: And why isn't it already released, just an iOS version?
- Got answer(?): Since we already coordinated this to our engineers already.
# May got the question/answer as a picture below:

2022-1-5
Use props
djiuser_jTPUxOzeaTQm
lvl.1

Italy

djiuser_ZAJHGkY9CJI7 Posted at 1-5 04:18
I have asked "this" question (30 nov 2021) to DJI Support (dji.com/support) and got answer as below, I hope its correct or have you "DJI Stephen" any other info?

- Question: Recently bought a DJI FPV and wonder if/when a Android version of DJI Virtual Flight will be released?

Hi to all,

are there new info about Android app release?
The update info for Jenuary 2022 is related to iOS app or for Android?
I have contact DJI support and they say that there aren't any info about an Android release.

Thanks in advance
2022-1-7
Use props
djiuser_ZAJHGkY9CJI7
lvl.1

Sweden

djiuser_jTPUxOzeaTQm Posted at 1-7 01:54
Hi to all,

are there new info about Android app release?

Hello, I contacted DJI support again and I got answer that it will be an Android version released this month, see below.

2022-1-7
Use props
djiuser_fe9TGn5qhmw1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3461240 ft
United States

Just to pile on:
1. Some of us out here have Android phones. It's quite popular. There's probably dozens of us!

2. The app was created with Unreal Engine. For crying out loud, building an Android app alongside the iOS app is as easy as checking a box on the build sheet!

It's almost like you've skipped this on purpose. This sucks, and it's stupid too.

It's a bad look for a good company.
2022-1-16
Use props
djiuser_ADHaXSZVnwLY
New

United States

Very disappointed come in dji. Hey world don't buy if you are an android user!
2022-1-22
Use props
djiuser_ADHaXSZVnwLY
New

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-3-4 02:41
Hello there danbb. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future updates and mobile device compatibilities for the DJI Virtual Flight Application. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.

It's been a year where's the android app?
2022-1-22
Use props
Godwisper
lvl.2
Malta

Well, stpidly enough I have an android phone so no game….than I got an ipad pro 12.9 M1 latest version and the sim is quite jerky and unplayable.
2022-1-22
Use props
Dakilla
lvl.3
France

You should train yourself to the manual flight mode on another simulator like Liftoff, Velocidrone, Uncrashed FPV, AI drone simu, etc...

From what i understand, it's not so much the game engine that poses a problem for an Android port of the dji simulator. This should be especialy at the video transfer between the goggles and the phone, where DJI must have used a technology specific to apple and IOS. because there is currently no way to input a video stream into the goggles in HD via the usb-C port except like the dji virtual flight simulator does. Should be great to transfert any video HD stream into the goggles and see also a desktop PC and android version of this simulator or play with any other simuator (it's already possible to do it via the DV in input and using hdmi/rca cable adpater and switching the goggles v2 to v1 mode in settings but the quality is very poor)
2022-1-23
Use props
SBL_Mali_Kekec
lvl.1

Croatia

It is just disappointing to visit this topic and see it has already passed a year and nothing has changed.
2022-2-20
Use props
Krzysztof W
lvl.1
Flight distance : 757382 ft
Poland

Oh no, i am really angry.
I was thinking, i can use virtual flight on my new androind phone !!!
Why i bought it !!!

Please DJI do something with this ! , Please do Virtual flight for Android
2022-3-2
Use props
djiuser_yKKgMd0dyZp5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 242247 ft
Spain

Waiting so long...

For the price that we paid dji fpv should be mandatory compatible with android....

Next drone will be from another manufacturer, sure.
2022-3-3
Use props
CineAir.com
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10492 ft
  • >>>
United States

LoL come on you all, there will be NO release for android that is that....
DJI never does anything 100% on anything.
Just like the DJI GS pro, "oH! that will be on android soon" LoL never did, 2x crystal skys for my inspire 2 $1000s and no DJI GS Pro. F that. same thing here.
There will be no android app for the fpv drone.
Prove me wrong!
DJI is a 90% company, they only do things 90% and then drop it....
Like the funky new camera. anyone who buys that is a sucker. or just very rich....
That thing will be out of support in two years or less. There will be no other things added after the initial 3 of 4 firmware upgrades and then it will be abandoned by DJI like everything else.
So if you have not learned anything yet you will when you have used DJI products for as many years as I have.
Love it for what it is, do not expect anything after maybe the 3rd or 4th firmware update. Expect to dump another several 10000k$ into the next cool thing they make and move on.
That's the cold hard slap of reality when it comes to DJI, my friend.
No useful apps for Crystal sky, the $700 smart controller is now out of date because of Mav 3..... and and and... It never ends 1000s of dollars flushed every year....
Love Hate its DJI get used it!
OK having said all the, I just got it running on an iPad air, thank you.
And now I see there is not reason AT ALL why this won't run on Android. NONE AT ALL
Its the UE5 engine and that engine runs on PC Andriod and IOS in that order. So its just a matter of exporting a build, and maybe a little codding to boot. But there are not many hurdles to put it out on android as there is on IOS, IOS is harder to get approval than andriod.
And I know this for a fact. My company worked on 18 AAA titles starting with UE3 and outside of epic we were the known experts. Bam!
So yes they could do it with no problem, but I believe they won't bother its that 90% thing.....!
Later!
2022-3-5
Use props
Godwisper
lvl.2
Malta

CineAir.com Posted at 3-5 17:22
LoL come on you all, there will be NO release for android that is that....
DJI never does anything 100% on anything.
Just like the DJI GS pro, "oH! that will be on android soon" LoL never did, 2x crystal skys for my inspire 2 $1000s and no DJI GS Pro. F that. same thing here.

The stupid thing is that on android it does not work and imagine what…I got a new iPad pro 12.1 with latest M1 chip and it stutters thus unplayable.
2022-3-6
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

DStealth Posted at 2021-3-5 04:30
Damn, I had purchased the DJI FPV drone yesterday with the intention of being able to log a few hours in the simulator before I took it outside. I had no idea you needed to have a apple product to use it. Wish I had known this before...

2022-3-8
Use props
djiuser_NtehCobtEfum
lvl.2
United States

Still a problem I see, guess who isn't buying another DJI product?
2022-3-8
Use props
djiuser_wtIgDdv3Gwv2
lvl.1

Japan

Hello there danbb. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future updates and mobile device compatibilities for the DJI Virtual Flight Application. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.

Such a stupid and shortsighted move to only make it available for iphones.
2022-3-9
Use props
Sagittarius
lvl.1

Hungary

Never buy a DJI product one more....
2022-3-15
Use props
MihMuh
lvl.1
Czechia

I've heard many times that DJI is the Apple of drones. Now I've purchased my FPV and I can't train because I have a "bad" phone (latest Pixel). Wow. I couldn't suppose THAT was the meaning. I'm really disappointed. I would expect this issue to be clearly mentioned at least.
2022-3-24
Use props
djiuser_X2byrw8qr0KZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 269377 ft
United States

Hello there danbb. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future updates and mobile device compatibilities for the DJI Virtual Flight Application. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.

What a tremendous disapointment.
2022-4-21
Use props
VideoLife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5295545 ft
Croatia

simulator "DCL - The Game"
2022-4-24
Use props
fans1edb7e86
lvl.2
Flight distance : 248235 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

They should have instead released a single PC based app if they are not going to release for both android and ios. So why release a mobile app in the first place?

I mean, IOS has a 30% market share vs droid's 70% market share. Do the math.
2022-5-5
Use props
fans1edb7e86
lvl.2
Flight distance : 248235 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

They should have instead released a single PC based app if they are not going to release for both android and ios. So why release a mobile app in the first place?

I mean, IOS has a 30% market share vs droid's 70% market share. Do the math.
2022-5-5
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

Damn, I had purchased the DJI FPV drone yesterday with the intention of being able to log a few hours in the simulator before I took it outside. I had no idea you needed to have a apple product to use it. Wish I had known this before...

If you fly it in Normal Mode, there's no need to practice on the sim first. At least, not if you've flown DJI drones before. In Normal mode the DJI FPV flies like a big, fat, fast, super-powerful Mini-2.

I'm an Android user too, and I'd like to get some sim time before I go into Manual Mode, but that won't be for a while.

What I'd *REALLY* like would be a sim that works with a PC, rather than my Samsung S20, but either would be a big help.

TCS
2022-5-8
Use props
Maccy
New

Turkey

Doesn't make any sense they should've first launched for Android
2022-5-11
Use props
fanscb2c1774
lvl.3
Switzerland

Disappointed, but as an alternative for some virtual fun, I found a new and very cheap Russian simulator called 'Drone acro simulator' on Google Play. I like it better than the 'FPV Freerider' apps, the compatibility with physical controllers is higher and the maps more interesting.
2022-5-13
Use props
djiuser_Uy1uyXhj66wq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 971 ft

United States

Sagittarius Posted at 2021-3-9 00:05
No android version? Only the half of the planet costumers have been lost! Shame...

Use a windows computer...3 gb download
2022-5-14
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_Uy1uyXhj66wq Posted at 5-14 11:52
Use a windows computer...3 gb download

Have a link to said 3GB download?
2022-5-15
Use props
fans07526057
New

United States

Definitely would be nice to be able to use the flight app and other apps. Paying so much money for something that's not going to support Android.
2022-5-23
Use props
mbze430
lvl.2
Flight distance : 406775 ft
United States

DJI is bunch of liars when it comes to.... well about just anything.
What you expect from the Mainland (PRC) Chinese company?
2022-5-24
Use props
FlyLow
lvl.3
Switzerland

Today I installed Liftoff on PC (Steam on offer), downloaded the free DJI DLC and easily plugged in the DJI Controller 2. The viewing on a large curved screen is just as good as with the Goggles (almost), much better than anything on a smartphone/tablet.
2022-5-24
Use props
FlyLow
lvl.3
Switzerland

fansac29539d Posted at 2021-12-16 13:04
You wingy bunch of snowflakes..
Just go fly..
Sims are for pussies but then so are iPhones

is just for practice before launching the drone at full speed at ground level to cut grass
2022-5-25
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
United States

I got my DJI FPV last month, and I'd very much like to get some sim time before going to manual. But I'm an Android user, so that's apparently not to be.

However, if you're at all familiar with DJI drones, you don't need a simulator to fly the FPV in Normal Mode. In Normal Mode, it's basically a big, fat, fast, powerful Mini-2. My adjustment period was minimal, minutes.

I stayed in Normal Mode for a couple of weeks, and now I'm in Sport Mode. While I'd prefer some sim time before going to Manual Mode, I expect to be comfortable enough with the drone to try it by June 1st, a little bit at a time. I intend to get very familiar with the "Brake" before going very far from my driveway!

Apparently, the almost infinite variety of Android devices is what makes it hard to develop for them. Since iOS stuff is more tightly controlled, it's easier to write SW that will reliably work on all iOS devices, than it is to write for Android.  

The Android sim will probably come out the week after I don't need it anymore!

;-)

TCS
2022-5-25
Use props
djiuser_Q770miXxfJ02
New

United States

Absolute crap.  No mention of this anywhere.  I was a huge fan until now
2022-7-21
Use props
Toby Tec
lvl.1
Flight distance : 114291 ft
United Kingdom

Found this today, downloaded it and it works perfectly on my android.....
DJI Virtual Flight

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=4d11ab02f0929f4fJmltdHM9MTY2MjA0MzkyOSZpZ3VpZD1lYzY4MTdjZC1kOTUwLTQzZWUtOGFhZC1iNjRhODMyOGJhMjUmaW5zaWQ9NTMwOQ&ptn=3&hsh=3&fclid=a72acb1a-2a05-11ed-a509-e8a8a821bfe1&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly9zZXJ2aWNlLWFkaG9jLmRqaS5jb20vZG93bmxvYWQvYXBwL2FuZHJvaWQvY2VmZDgwMDMtMzY2OC00NjEzLTgxZTgtNjIzYmJmNWY5ODM5&ntb=1
2022-9-1
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
United States

Hello there danbb. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future updates and mobile device compatibilities for the DJI Virtual Flight Application. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.

You may have pointed the way to explaining the problem I'm having with the Android sim app.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 Note.

Is that phone compatible with the Android version of the sim app?

Mine certainly isn't, but if that entire species of phone isn't, that would explain a great many things...and why 10 of the last 40 hours of my life, were wasted!

Please advise either way.

Thx,

TCS
2022-9-1
Use props
FreeSoul
lvl.1
Flight distance : 842152 ft
Indonesia

Finally the official DJI Virtual Flight for Android is available here:
...downloads/djiapp/dji-virtual-flight-avata

Sadly this forum does not allow me to post the URLs Just add the Homepage of DJI.com instead of the ... in the front.

Also there is a DJI Virtual Flight for Windows PCs here:
...downloads/softwares/dji-virtual-flight

So if you don't have an iPhone you may try with your Android Device as well as your Windows Computer. Still no Mac Simulator available, but i use LiftOff from Steam on my Mac, which gave me finally the understanding to fly without big question marks in my head what is going on...

Have Fun with it

2022-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules