Ronin RS2 & Canon R5 Record Button Crash Problem
6623 18 2021-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SERHATA
lvl.1
Turkey

Hello I am using canon r5 and rs2 too.
I used the usc c to usb c cable to connect the two units together (no: 1).
I'm connecting through the RSS usb port.

Currently, both are using the latest firmware. RS2 (01.03.00.50) APP (1.4.6) R5 (1.2.0).
Unfortunately the record button doesn't work and the canon r5 freezes.
You can return to the normal position just by removing the battery.

The information on this page says it is fully compatible...

https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility/rs-2/eosr5

2021-3-4
Use props
lvl.4
Japan

Same here.

Ronin RS2 w/ RavenEye
Canon EOS R6 (1.2.0) / RF 85mm F1.2

Camera frequently freeze up when (long) pushing the record button.

And I do remove the battery.
(Camera's power-switch cannot works well)
2021-3-10
Use props
Benjii
lvl.1

France

exactly same problem ... no solution atm !
2021-3-19
Use props
fansa90a7121
New
United States

I'm also having the same problem. The video starts and stops correctly to the record button press on the rs2 but when the camera is in stills mode the R5 will act like it's busy but the only way to reset it is to pull the battery.  Did this problem just start with the January release of firmware on the RS2?
2021-4-27
Use props
Montii
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48189 ft
Sweden

Using R6 and rs2 but rec button and focus does not work.
Got it to work shorty when I pulled battery on camera.
Tested the rs2 with Canon M50 and works fine.
Tested the R6 on old dji SC and this combo rec button works
This is quite disturbing

Not used it so much this year but I know it worked when I got it end of last year.
I also wonder if it could be new firmware problem either by Canon or dji since both have updated recently
2021-5-2
Use props
djiuser_n4itrlwblmdn
lvl.1
Austria

Same Problem here with the R6, but it seems that it only Works when the Camera is in Movie Mode.
Av, Tv, M, ... is freezing when pressing the Record Button.
2021-5-2
Use props
Montii
lvl.1
Sweden

Montii Posted at 5-2 01:02
Using R6 and rs2 but rec button and focus does not work.
Got it to work shorty when I pulled battery on camera.
Tested the rs2 with Canon M50 and works fine.

My problem is solved, two set of cables was bad even one brand new, who would expect that?Anyway it works now
2021-5-4
Use props
djiuser_UI4XRsAjpUjb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 745768 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same problem.  eos r6 and ronin rs2 not compatible for still photos at all.  crashes all the time.  extremely frustrtating.

Are you saying that you just used a different usb-c to usb-c cable, and that resolved the issue?
2021-5-5
Use props
WonkyTripod
lvl.1
Ireland

I have the same problem on my R5. I haven't had the issue on the R6. I only have the RS2 a week but I've tried photo and video modes on both cameras on the RS2.
On my R5 I have had three camera crashes in stills mode. Both with and without the raveneye hooked up.

The camera feed is still active on the rear screen but every button and control is inactive including the power button. A battery removal resets the camera.

It usually happens when I hit the shutter button on the RS2 to trigger a photo.

Whatever control function its sending to the R5 is crashing it.
Edit - Just got two freezes on the R6 in stills mode. Tried both cables.

Definitely looks like theres a bug in the gimbal firmware. I dont have any other cameras on hand to try.

2021-5-15
Use props
Montii
lvl.1
Sweden

djiuser_UI4XRsAjpUjb Posted at 5-5 05:29
I have the same problem.  eos r6 and ronin rs2 not compatible for still photos at all.  crashes all the time.  extremely frustrtating.

Are you saying that you just used a different usb-c to usb-c cable, and that resolved the issue?

I had the problem for video, I do beleive my camera freezes when trying to take photos.
However not investigated this topic, could be a order of turning thinks on and off.
Is DJI saying you can take stills through the gimbal without using the bulit in program modes?
2021-5-16
Use props
WonkyTripod
lvl.1
Ireland

I emailed DJI Support and they told me (I've yet to test it) that on the R5/R6 you need to use the app to to set the correct mode (Video for Video, Photo for Photo) and that if the gimbal and camera modes arent in sync, the cameras will crash.

There is a single reference to it buried in the manual. I'll post back when I get a chance to test it.

Under the section on the virtual joystick, it tells you to set the correct mode. Page 21. There is a small icon near the shutter button to switch mode.

2021-5-16
Use props
SERHATA
lvl.1
Turkey

This DJI reply for this problem....

Thanks for getting back to us.

I confirmed with our engineer, and this issue is caused by incompatibility with Canon cameras. While we have forwarded your feedback to our concern team as a valuable voice of the customer. Hopefully, it can be improved in the near future. If it is released, it will be publicized, please stay tuned on our official website.
2021-5-17
Use props
WonkyTripod
lvl.1
Ireland

I tested it and the following works fine

- Can trigger a photo from the app on the virtual joystick page. You just need to set the mode to match the camera
- Can run a timelapse or panorama from both the app and the RS2 touchscreen. You don't need to set a mode for this as its already going to send the photo signal.

But if you press the red record button on the gimbal and the camera is set to a photo mode, the camera will crash.

So at least there are ways to trigger photos.

2021-5-17
Use props
lvl.4
Japan

GOOD NEWS
Latest firmware can fix this issue.

DJI RS 2 / RSC2 Release Notes says,
Fixed  issue:  Canon  R5  and  R6  cameras  crashed  when  camera  control  command  was  different  from  the camera shooting mode.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_en.pdf
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_en.pdf
2021-7-13
Use props
In Color
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42831 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm using iOS Ronin app v1.4.10 with firmware 01.04.00.20, which is newer than the version referred to above, and I'm still having problems with a Canon EOS R5.

I can't get it to start/stop video let alone stills. I was working when I got the RS2, but then I started having problems. It's crashed my camera many times, and now it's unresponsive. I can't remember if I installed an update somewhere in the mix.

This is causing real problems for me. I think it's ridiculously irresponsible to say that they didn't test it on Canon, one of the top platforms worldwide. It's these kinds of things that get me so frustrated with DJI !!! Scoring points on all the little things doesn't matter if you miss the big ones!
2021-11-5
Use props
canonofficial
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18553 ft
Canada

Same here.

Ronin RS2 w/ RavenEye
looks like this issue persists still
Canon EOS R5 (1.3.1)  and RS 2

Im completely in video  mode.  The Video start button on the Rs2 work initially for few start and stop after every switch on and off and abruptly does not work. This is scary. What type of testing DJI is doing??
2021-12-30
Use props
imtommy
lvl.1
Italy

Same problem also for R5C! @DJIsupport when will you upgrade the firmware and solve the problem?!?!?
2022-6-17
Use props
stuffi
New
Germany

imtommy Posted at 2022-6-17 05:31
Same problem also for R5C! @DJIsupport when will you upgrade the firmware and solve the problem?!?!?

R5 with sw. 1.8.1, RS2 with the latest sw, and the recording cannot be started from the rec button! Could somebody help?
Focusing and still pictures is working. In video mode is focusing but does not start the recording...

Thanks!
2023-8-21
Use props
djiuser_nzp4GeLDsvoB
New

United States

Just wanna jump in here and say there’s been a firmware update and my start stop works with the provided USB-C cable.
4-15 12:28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules