Motor Covers
5838 9 2021-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
w00dy67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All, new here (only had my mini 2 a couple of days). I’ve been watching various vlogs and ‘how to’s’ and saw one recently promoting the use of motor covers. Apparently they only weigh 6g all in so won’t throw you over 250g but I wondered if anyone had used these and how they found them? I’ve found some on Amazon for about £10 so they’re not going to break the bank but wondered what they would add, if anything, and whether they would affect flight performance, battery life, etc. Thanks in advance
2021-3-4
Use props
whiteghost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1479705 ft
United Kingdom

Never used them, some people use them afraid something will get in the motors? twigs etc mainly when crashing and at take off/landing  :-)

The motors are not covered as the blade will help cool them while flying?  If you don't crash an take off from a mat say you should not have a problem?
2021-3-4
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No motor covers for me. Just another not required add on in my opinion. May affect warranty.
2021-3-4
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

It's like putting  a blanket on the engine of your car. Those drone motors are very solid so I woldn't use a cover or so. Never heard that there have been any issues as long as you don't fly at heavy rain, sand storm or underwater. And even if you did that won't help at all.
2021-3-4
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

DJI will void warranty if they know you used these as the motors could overheat. I believe some want the covers to fly in the rain, I wouldn't suggest it though.
2021-3-4
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

I personally would never use them bc they void the warranty and don’t allow for cooling of the motors
2021-3-4
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

It's all true, but ... https://youtu.be/w2UiSYeeOoo
2021-3-4
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Never add weight to a rotary element, for sure those covers won't be balanced and the engines turn at high RPM, so any imbalance will affect. It'll  probably add friction/stress to the blades and will also interfere with heat dissipation.

So heavier, hotter and imbalanced... the perfect recipe for a premature fail IMO.
2021-3-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there w00dy67. Good day and thank you for these information you have given us. Since this is a 3rd party accessory for the DJI Mini 2. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who uses the said Motor Covers on there DJI Mini 2. Just a reminder that if accessories are mounted to the DJI Mini 2, it is recommended to enable the Payload Mode for enhanced safety. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend for you to your 3rd party accessory like range extender on your DJI Mini 2. There is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work properly. However, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the safety of the said 3rd party accessories if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2021-3-4
Use props
JannEarlTV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23 ft
Philippines

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-4 19:59
Hello there w00dy67. Good day and thank you for these information you have given us. Since this is a 3rd party accessory for the DJI Mini 2. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who uses the said Motor Covers on there DJI Mini 2. Just a reminder that if accessories are mounted to the DJI Mini 2, it is recommended to enable the Payload Mode for enhanced safety. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend for you to your 3rd party accessory like range extender on your DJI Mini 2. There is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work properly. However, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the safety of the said 3rd party accessories if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you and have a safe flight always.

Hi There,

I newly installed a motor cover and luckily came across this thread just before I try to fly my drone with it by tomorrow.

2 things I learned in this thread:
1st is that I really don't need it and 2ndly I cannot re-use my old screws without applying a Loctite.

Quick question, how important is the Loctite, and How risky it is to fly without it on re-used screws

Very thankful to the people here who are very contributive to informative things with regards to our drones.

In the end, I removed the motor cover I just recently bought and order a Loctite (Blue One) so I can apply it on the screws just before I start flying back once again.

Thanks,
Jann
2021-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules