Screen lag with older Android phone
540 2 2021-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cinglemolt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43376 ft
United States

I wanted to dedicate an older Android phone that I have to be my flight display so that I don't have to deal with troubles related to using my primary phone, such as getting calls or alerts while in flight. The older phone is a Moto X4 running Android 9 -- It's really a fairly decent device, though not high-end by any means.

When I connected the phone and got my first video feed from the drone, it seemed perfectly fine at first. Then as soon as I tried moving the gimbal prior to take off I noticed a significant latency between the activating the control and seeing the change on the screen. In flight, I immediatley noticed the same problem with any movement. This obviously is a no-go for me since it introduces major flight risk.

Has anyone seen something like this and do you know if it's perhaps related to the hardware specs? Or is is possibly a limitation caused by the older version of Android?
2021-3-4
Use props
cinglemolt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43376 ft
United States

Update -- I reinstalled my Moto X4 with LineageOS 17.1 (Android 10), and at least with a simple test of the gimbal the lag seems to be gone now. I'll see how it fares with flying when I get a chance.
2021-3-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, cinglemolt. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Based on your update, it may have seemed to be working properly now. Anyway, if you encounter any similar concerns again, we suggest checking the current version of your DJI Fly. Since you're using an Android device, you can download the latest DJI Fly here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2021-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules