Very Dim 7.85" Ultra CrystalSky Screen
1538 12 2021-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlownZone
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Is there any way to fix this? Yes, brightness is turned up to maximum. I've already tried updating to the latest firmware (v03.00.02.00) and multiple menu resets. I've read of people having success by holding down a combination of the buttons, but I've had no luck so far. Is there a hard reset for the device using the buttons? Thanks.
2021-3-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, FlownZone. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Our apologies for the inconvenience that it has caused. We'd like to know more about the problem you're experiencing so if you could kindly, please upload a photo of the current state of brightness that your CrystalSky can achieve when brightness is maxed out. Looking forward to your update.
2021-3-4
Use props
sea6288
lvl.2
Flight distance : 126457 ft
United States

I've got the same problem.  Extremely dim screen.  Can just faintly see that the CS boots up.  Can't read the screen at all.  Could post a picture, but might as well just look at one that is turned off.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
2021-3-10
Use props
Joecos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

Very likely your Ultra Crystal Sky has burned out.  This is a common problem with the Ultra version.  I recommend opening a ticket and request for a return for repair.
2021-3-12
Use props
Forestjim
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Joecos Posted at 3-12 20:53
Very likely your Ultra Crystal Sky has burned out.  This is a common problem with the Ultra version.  I recommend opening a ticket and request for a return for repair.

I agree.. I've had 2 Ultras replaced for a burned out backlight.
2021-3-13
Use props
FlownZone
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-4 23:55
Hi, FlownZone. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Our apologies for the inconvenience that it has caused. We'd like to know more about the problem you're experiencing so if you could kindly, please upload a photo of the current state of brightness that your CrystalSky can achieve when brightness is maxed out. Looking forward to your update.

Hello Gamora,

Here is the photo you requested.

Thank you
2021-3-15
Use props
Forestjim
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

FlownZone Posted at 3-15 13:28
Hello Gamora,

Yep.... That's what mine did
2021-3-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

FlownZone Posted at 3-15 13:28
Hello Gamora,

We're currently checking on this. Please give us more time and should there be any update, we'll have you posted.
2021-3-17
Use props
FlownZone
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-17 23:17
We're currently checking on this. Please give us more time and should there be any update, we'll have you posted.

Okay, thank you. Let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help.
2021-3-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

FlownZone Posted at 3-18 02:07
Okay, thank you. Let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help.

Hi, FlownZone. Thanks for patiently waiting. Please perform another reset via the CrystalSky Settings then test whether it would resolve the issue. Should the same problem persists, it could've been a hardware issue in the screen all along and we would require you to return the product back to our Service Center for further testing. To open a ticket, please reach our Customer Support to assist you.
2021-3-21
Use props
FlownZone
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I'm a curious fellow, so I opened up the screen and replaced the main board in the Ultra with that of a Hi-Brightness and the Ultra now works, so it is definitely a main board issue. While making the exchange I noticed that the main board obtained from the Hi-Brightness screen had much more thermal paste between the cooling coil and itself. Suspicious that the lack of thermal paste between the two was what caused the issue, I removed the cover and found that one of the diodes (SL E6) is blown, as seen in the circled region of the photo below. Is this covered?

2021-4-11
Use props
FlownZone
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-21 07:16
Hi, FlownZone. Thanks for patiently waiting. Please perform another reset via the CrystalSky Settings then test whether it would resolve the issue. Should the same problem persists, it could've been a hardware issue in the screen all along and we would require you to return the product back to our Service Center for further testing. To open a ticket, please reach our Customer Support to assist you.

Sorry, I forgot to click reply. Please see the post above. Thank you.
2021-4-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

FlownZone Posted at 4-12 10:59
Sorry, I forgot to click reply. Please see the post above. Thank you.

Thanks for keeping us updated. If this is covered under warranty, the unit must first be within the warranty period to be considered, and second, is that it would pass the damage assessment (issue must not be caused by user error and within the after-sales policy: https://www.dji.com/service/policy). If both conditions are met then it could be repaired for free. Please check out our Customer Support: https://www.dji.com/support to assist you to open a ticket.
2021-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules