Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Diogo Reis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2093816 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Like the title says.

The image freezes on the first frame when I hit the record button while in 4k.

This doesn't happen in other resolutions.

We need this to be solved DJI!!!
2021-3-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Diogo Reis. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. To assist you further, please let us know the current version of the DJI Fly installed on your Samsung S21. If you could add a screen recording of the mentioned issue, that would be highly appreciated.
2021-3-6
Use props
Diogo Reis
lvl.2
  • >>>
Portugal

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-6 00:59
Hi, Diogo Reis. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. To assist you further, please let us know the current version of the DJI Fly installed on your Samsung S21. If you could add a screen recording of the mentioned issue, that would be highly appreciated.

I got my Mini 2 about 2 weeks ago, this happened with the last 2 firmwares and the last 3 versions of the app. I'm currently on the last version 1.3.0
2021-3-8
Use props
Diogo Reis
lvl.2
  • >>>
Portugal

Meanwhile I've seen reports that US Galaxy S21 users that have different version processor (snapdragon) aren't facing any issue, this is only with the European versions that have the exynos processor...

DJI must solve this...
2021-3-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Diogo Reis Posted at 3-8 15:36
Meanwhile I've seen reports that US Galaxy S21 users that have different version processor (snapdragon) aren't facing any issue, this is only with the European versions that have the exynos processor...

DJI must solve this...

Please help us check this further by uploading the Log Folder from the DJI Fly. You can extract it by connecting your mobile device to your computer and locating the DJI Fly folder. If you have found the Log Folder, please copy it and upload it either in DropBox or GoogleDrive. Looking forward to your response.
2021-3-10
Use props
Diogo Reis
lvl.2
  • >>>
Portugal

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-10 23:50
Please help us check this further by uploading the Log Folder from the DJI Fly. You can extract it by connecting your mobile device to your computer and locating the DJI Fly folder. If you have found the Log Folder, please copy it and upload it either in DropBox or GoogleDrive. Looking forward to your response.

I've already purchased a cheap snapdragon Xiaomi just for the purpose of flying.

Where can I access the log? I have a lot of folders...
2021-3-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Diogo Reis Posted at 3-11 04:13
I've already purchased a cheap snapdragon Xiaomi just for the purpose of flying.

Where can I access the log? I have a lot of folders...

Upon connecting your smart device to your computer, please look for the folder path to DJI > dji.go.v5 > LOG
2021-3-12
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

Diogo Reis Posted at 3-8 15:36
Meanwhile I've seen reports that US Galaxy S21 users that have different version processor (snapdragon) aren't facing any issue, this is only with the European versions that have the exynos processor...

DJI must solve this...

The S21 was released on January 14, 2021.  Literally 2 months ago.  You can't expect DJI to support every new device the minute it's released. It takes development, testing, and time. Stating DJI Must solve this is a really ignorant of you.
2021-3-12
Use props
Diogo Reis
lvl.2
  • >>>
Portugal

Mhinc Posted at 3-12 23:58
The S21 was released on January 14, 2021.  Literally 2 months ago.  You can't expect DJI to support every new device the minute it's released. It takes development, testing, and time. Stating DJI Must solve this is a really ignorant of you.

Did I ask you something? I got a cheap Xiaomi Note 10 Pro released last week and it's working flawlessly, now who's ignorant?

Do yourself a favour, charge your batteries and go fly your drone
2021-3-14
Use props
Diogo Reis
lvl.2
  • >>>
Portugal

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-12 23:00
Upon connecting your smart device to your computer, please look for the folder path to DJI > dji.go.v5 > LOG

Which folder and file do you need?
2021-3-14
Use props
Gadgetguy007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3632 ft
United Kingdom

Just a note that i have a Samsung Galaxy Note S20 Ultra (UK Spec) and it works ok in all frame rates on 4K with the latest software.
2021-3-14
Use props
Diogo Reis
lvl.2
  • >>>
Portugal

Gadgetguy007 Posted at 3-14 11:27
Just a note that i have a Samsung Galaxy Note S20 Ultra (UK Spec) and it works ok in all frame rates on 4K with the latest software.

I'm talking about the s21 it has a different processor/architecture...
2021-3-14
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

Mhinc Posted at 3-12 23:58
The S21 was released on January 14, 2021.  Literally 2 months ago.  You can't expect DJI to support every new device the minute it's released. It takes development, testing, and time. Stating DJI Must solve this is a really ignorant of you.

You made an ignorant statement on a public forum:

"DJI must solve this..."

If you can't handle replies stating the facts and truth to your ridiculous statements, then don't make them.
2021-3-15
Use props
EversR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 647861 ft
Netherlands

Switch to 24fps and It will work.
2021-3-16
Use props
Diogo Reis
lvl.2
  • >>>
Portugal

EversR Posted at 3-16 03:59
Switch to 24fps and It will work.

Not an option... Already got a new spare phone thar works...
2021-3-16
Use props
Diogo Reis
lvl.2
  • >>>
Portugal

Mhinc Posted at 3-15 20:39
You made an ignorant statement on a public forum:

"DJI must solve this..."

Off course DJI must solve this...

I'm pretty sure a lot of users from Europe will use it with a s21, s21+ and s21 ultra...

I've already solved...
2021-3-16
Use props
EversR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 647861 ft
Netherlands

Diogo Reis Posted at 3-16 04:01
Not an option... Already got a new spare phone thar works...

What do you mean with 'not an option'?
2021-3-16
Use props
Diogo Reis
lvl.2
  • >>>
Portugal

EversR Posted at 3-16 04:34
What do you mean with 'not an option'?

All my projects are 25/50p, in the mini 2 case i'll be shooting 4k 25p or 2,7k 50p never used 24p and it's always better to shoot fast and convert to a lower frame rate....
2021-3-16
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

Diogo Reis Posted at 3-16 04:04
Off course DJI must solve this...

I'm pretty sure a lot of users from Europe will use it with a s21, s21+ and s21 ultra...

Ya.  And they will.  It's a NEWER device.  You can't expect this to be done the minute you decide to use a brand new device on the market out of the box.  Give your head a shake.
2021-3-16
Use props
pilot_wagsy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30728 ft
Germany

Same here. Some times, during the the video freed freezes in flight, switching from 4k to 2.7k sometimes unfreezes the video, but sometimes it doesn't. Then the only option I have to fly it back home is to use the map view.
2021-10-17
Use props
pilot_wagsy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30728 ft
Germany

I had this feed freeze issue with my Mini 2 as well. It happened about 3 times randomly, with different firmwares and app versions.

Luckily, I could see where the drone was and managed to fly it back to home point without using the video feed.

Then it went for about 4 months with no issues. I did many flights over this last summer in Europe and had no issues.

Last night I updated the app (Android) to the latest version and went for a fly today and guess what: the live video feed froze again while the drone was flying and about 800m away. I did panic a bit, but then I switched to the Map view and was able to fly it back to the home point.

Now I'm reallyl afraid it will happen again during my next flight...

Model: DJI Mini 2
Aircaft firmware: 01.03.0000
RD Firmware: 04.11.0016
App version (Android): 1.4.12 on Samsung S21

Thanks
2021-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules