Unable to activate new FPV system
1234Next >
32748 128 2021-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shazpervezgmail.com
New

Canada

Mine was the OTG cable was one the phone side, switched it and everything worked out :S
2021-3-9
Use props
fans3e98f6b7
lvl.1
France

shazpervezgmail.com Posted at 3-9 17:35
Mine was the OTG cable was one the phone side, switched it and everything worked out :S
Happy for you, have a nice fly.

Dji need to quickly update the tutorial about this simple OTG warning..if they Want to reduce their MRO...and more...

Regards,

2021-3-9
Use props
fans862731c3
lvl.1

Canada

Hey guys, glad to find more people on the same page. Sad to see this is happening.
This is the message I get, for me, I've tried everything and there is simply no way to get the drone activated.
I'm surprised by how sad this little guys can make you feel
Screenshot_20210309-081000.jpg
2021-3-9
Use props
fans862731c3
lvl.1

Canada

Hey guys, glad to find more people on the same page. Sad to see this is happening.
This is the message I get, for me, I've tried everything and there is simply no way to get the drone activated.
I'm surprised by how sad this little guys can make you feel
2021-3-9
Use props
WayneMann
lvl.4
United States

Ok, I finally got it to work.  After trying every thing under the sun I decided to try my wife's note 10 charging cable.  It is a USB C to USB C cable.  I took DJI's adaptor dongle out of the loop and it connected and activated like it was nothing.  The only thing I had powered up was the goggles.  The app was running and the goggles were power up.  I just plugged up the new cord and bingo.  As soon as it connected I powered up the drone and the controller and then went through the activation process.
Edit:  I had already updated to the new firmware.

Hopefully this helps some other people.  I have about 18 hours invested in the BS.Edit:  It is not a Samsung OEM cable.  It is an aftermarket gray cable that she picked up somewhere.

Wayne Mann

2021-3-9
Use props
fans3e98f6b7
lvl.1
France

WayneMann Posted at 3-9 18:51
Ok, I finally got it to work.  After trying every thing under the sun I decided to try my wife's note 10 charging cable.  It is a USB C to USB C cable.  I took DJI's adaptor dongle out of the loop and it connected and activated like it was nothing.  The only thing I had powered up was the goggles.  The app was running and the goggles were power up.  I just plugged up the new cord and bingo.  As soon as it connected I powered up the drone and the controller and then went through the activation process.

N
2021-3-9
Use props
fans3e98f6b7
lvl.1
France

Nice  ! Thanks a lot for your feedback .

Good news about using original usb cable, and maybe more than using OTG one's! Waiting for my samsung original s9+ tomorrow and I'll update about this !

Ps: I tried usbc to usbc generic cable today but wasn't helpful.

Regards,
P
2021-3-9
Use props
WayneMann
lvl.4
United States

I just edited my post above.  It is not a Samsung cable.  It is an aftermarket gray cable that she picked up somewhere.
2021-3-9
Use props
fans2f98bc31
lvl.1
Finland

Here is the solution guys, almost sure should work for everyone use if at least iphone

You have to link the components even though they should have been already linked by default

5392D1D8-38FE-41EF-839C-BB0CAC5B6C18.png
8B5D7911-18C4-4FE4-B5AE-FBEB5A3BB3D6.png
2021-3-9
Use props
fans3e98f6b7
lvl.1
France

fans2f98bc31 Posted at 3-9 23:01
Here is the solution guys, almost sure should work for everyone use if at least iphone

You have to link the components even though they should have been already linked by default[Image]

Hello,

Thanks for your help.I have an Android but I tried so....
i  linked the 3 elements again successfully.

For myself nothing new with samsung s9 plus.
2021-3-10
Use props
SparklX
lvl.1

Germany

For me it is the same. I've tried all of the tutorials. Is it only possible if I buy an iPhone now?
I have now tried: Samsung S10, HUAWEI p40 pro, Samsung S8 and nothing works.

Or is it enough to activate the iPhone alone and then it works?

2021-3-10
Use props
fans3e98f6b7
lvl.1
France

Answer from support today :

Try the downgrade solution to 05.1086....

I answered already tested and like a lot of people the option switch to dji fpv digital system is grayed out....
Waiting for support answer...

Regards,
P
2021-3-10
Use props
Sabino Fernandes
lvl.1

United States

So you you did the opposite of how they wanted it ? Otg from phone to goggles  ?
2021-3-10
Use props
Poison Fly
lvl.1
France

Sabino Fernandes Posted at 3-10 08:32
So you you did the opposite of how they wanted it ? Otg from phone to goggles  ?

Hello,

thanks for your help.
Yes. different OTG, different way...

Now i'm waiting for testing the original S9+ cable i ordered yesterday , and an answer from the support for the downgrade trouble.

PS : after mutliple reboot nom the greyed out option for FPV digital system completly disappear from the menu...i tried to change upgrade and downgrade again the firmware, but no more option even greyed out ....
2021-3-10
Use props
djiuser_x0ASmcoe3D5F
New

Slovenia

Hi,

first i updated all three with my PC and dji assistant 2 to latest firmware then i tried to activate the goggles thru the ios app - i have downloded the app on ios store.
Didnt work... could not activate the goggles...

Then i charged the goggles more than 50% like someone mentioned and IT WORKED.

Its working now so i hope you all find a solution and enjoy the FPV.

2021-3-10
Use props
Poison Fly
lvl.1
France

djiuser_x0ASmcoe3D5F Posted at 3-10 11:59
Hi,

first i updated all three with my PC and dji assistant 2 to latest firmware then i tried to activate the goggles thru the ios app - i have downloded the app on ios store.
Hello,

Thanks a lot for your contribution .
Unfortunelty it's not the issue we encounter here.
But you right it's a needed for activation and up/downgrade of firmware.

Dji put this information in the manual ?

Regards,
P
2021-3-10
Use props
Youngrich87
lvl.1
Canada

Bigplumbs Posted at 3-6 23:19
This is what to do

1) Read the manual
I’ve read the manual front to back. All devices are fully charged. Newest version of DJI Fly app, even deleted and reinstalled. OTG cable plugged into goggles and other end into iPhone 12 pro. Remote is connected to drone, goggles are connected to drone(I can see video feed and all lights are solid). Haven’t checked firmware updates via assistant or  tried linking the devices, as the manual clearly states that the devices are linked prior to shipping. I’m hoping one of these will solve my problem
149BDADF-E36D-4026-A747-3BF68AE242F0.jpeg
2021-3-10
Use props
Atmos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14042 ft
United States

Update - Make sure to use the included 4 inch USB C cable with a charging data cable. Once the phone was plugged into the goggles with a data cable it was automatically recognized. Updating the drone and goggles took around 15min and got hung at 91%. Don't worry if it seems to be taking a while. Drone is awesome now that it is working.

What a frustrating experience. Drone arrived today and I haven't been able to activate it. How can activating a product be so difficullt?
Downloaded the latest app off the DJI website. The FPV drone doesn't show up as a product. This $1300 drone is just sitting here, unusable because I cant flipping activate it.

2021-3-10
Use props
terrafrost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1625558 ft
  • >>>
United States

It took me a good while to activate the drone myself. The Play Store has 1.2.1 whereas dji.com has 1.3.0. But even after downloaded the latest version from dji.com I still had issues. People here were saying "connect to the OTG USB cable from the goggles to your phone". idk wtf OTG means but I tried it with the cables that the DJI FPV comes with - a short male USB-C to female USB-A cable and a longer male USB-A cable to male USB-C. It's the shorter cable that you need to plug into your goggles. The USB-C end of the longer cable is what goes into your phone. If you do it the other way around it won't work.

Personally, this doesn't make much sense to me. When I'm transferring pictures from my camera to my phone using a USB-C (male) to USB-C (male) cable the direction doesn't matter. But for the DJI FPV even if both end points are USB-C you have to have a USB-A (male) to USB-A (female) connection? And the direction does matter? Doesn't make any sense to me!

Anyway, everything now appears to be activated BUT I now can't upgrade the firmware on the drone itself. It seems like it's now upgraded on the goggles but on the drone? I had the drone plugged into my Android while DJI Fly 1.3.0 was open. The shorter cable was what was plugged into the drone and the longer cable was what was plugged into my phone. The same "direction" I had for activating the goggles. But when I click on "Install" it's saying "Aircraft connection required"?

I don't suppose anyone has any ideas?
2021-3-10
Use props
Youngrich87
lvl.1
Canada

terrafrost Posted at 3-10 19:21
It took me a good while to activate the drone myself. The Play Store has 1.2.1 whereas dji.com has 1.3.0. But even after downloaded the latest version from dji.com I still had issues. People here were saying "connect to the OTG USB cable from the goggles to your phone". idk wtf OTG means but I tried it with the cables that the DJI FPV comes with - a short male USB-C to female USB-A cable and a longer male USB-A cable to male USB-C. It's the shorter cable that you need to plug into your goggles. The USB-C end of the longer cable is what goes into your phone. If you do it the other way around it won't work.

Personally, this doesn't make much sense to me. When I'm transferring pictures from my camera to my phone using a USB-C (male) to USB-C (male) cable the direction doesn't matter. But for the DJI FPV even if both end points are USB-C you have to have a USB-A (male) to USB-A (female) connection? And the direction does matter? Doesn't make any sense to me!

The aircraft connects to your phone through the goggles so your phone should be connected to the goggles via the OTG/data cable the same way as when you activate. You can update that way or by using DJI assistant on a computer.
2021-3-10
Use props
djiuser_zVaVbHyQNfdj
lvl.1

United States

This thing is garbage.  Arrived today, didnt work right out the box, needed updated.  App didnt work on Android, found this forum and downloaded new app.  Updates googles, errors 3/4 of the way through.  App still says it needs upgraded and when i click install it says I need to connect aircraft.  Everything is on and plugged in still no go.  So I try the PC app. Upgrade again, it goes.. Googles say needs new firmware.  Ugh.  I find the link to downgrade and do that then upgrade again.. Same issue.
2021-3-10
Use props
terrafrost
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

> The aircraft connects to your phone through the goggles so your phone should be connected to the goggles via the OTG/data cable the same way as when you activate.

Yah that did the trick.

Thanks!
2021-3-10
Use props
djiuser_Tx8aRpoT8e2H
New

United States

Craig S. Posted at 3-5 16:02
Finally figured it out you have to go to DJI and download the app on their website not Google play for android.  Install the application and you will be able to activate it.

Thanks for this. It would not work on my Google Pixel phone with DJI Fly from the Play Store. Downloading it from the website on my phone worked.
2021-3-11
Use props
raymara
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108114 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same prob. 3/11/2021. Using my iPhone, I go to the App store and download the DJI Fly App. There's NO FPV when I run it!!!! WTF???

2021-3-11
Use props
djiuser_K8v9YflgeLl3
New

United States

markinter Posted at 3-5 17:37
make sure the otg cable is inserted into the goggles not your phone. i had the same issue. oops didnt see this was already answered.

Thats exactly what I just did and waaalaaa.. updated and about to get my maiden flight. Thank YOu !!
2021-3-11
Use props
djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12051 ft
United States

raymara Posted at 3-11 15:03
I have the same prob. 3/11/2021. Using my iPhone, I go to the App store and download the DJI Fly App. There's NO FPV when I run it!!!! WTF???

I was struggling with this too. Watching the videos while thinking "that's what I'm doing", it dawned on me.  The adapter must connect to the goggles.  Once I connected the adapter to the goggles and then my USB cable to my phone into the adapter. the FPV drone info was downloaded into the app and registration / activation began.  I have yet to see anything from DJI stating that.  

Even though both ends are UBC -C, the adapter must be plugged into the goggles so before connecting anything else, you have a USB 3 plug hanging off the goggles.
2021-3-11
Use props
fans6db28d93
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2504429 ft
United States

I can not activate my dji fpv ,aircraft not in selection. I tried unistalling ,and reinstalling the app from both dji website and the play app. It did not work on my Samsung note20, Samsung s9, and my ipad air1. I will wait one more day and i am returning it. Everything was charged 100% drone,controller,headset and my phones.
2021-3-11
Use props
terrafrost
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fans6db28d93 Posted at 3-11 17:01
I can not activate my dji fpv ,aircraft not in selection. I tried unistalling ,and reinstalling the app from both dji website and the play app. It did not work on my Samsung note20, Samsung s9, and my ipad air1. I will wait one more day and i am returning it. Everything was charged 100% drone,controller,headset and my phones.

Do you have the shorter cable - the USB-C male to USB-A female cable (aka the OTG cable) - plugged into your headset? It needs to be plugged into the headset for activating both the headset and the drone. The DJI Fly app - as installed from dji.com - should auto detect the headset. You don't click on "Connect Aircraft" button in that app..
2021-3-11
Use props
Poison Fly
lvl.1
France

Poison Fly Posted at 3-10 08:59
Hello,

thanks for your help.

Hello,

Original s9 plus cable tested and as expected, still no detection. And no more communication from dji support.

I will ask for a refund today.

Good luck for the others with this drone ,
2021-3-12
Use props
Youngrich87
lvl.1
Canada

djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4 Posted at 3-11 16:50
I was struggling with this too. Watching the videos while thinking "that's what I'm doing", it dawned on me.  The adapter must connect to the goggles.  Once I connected the adapter to the goggles and then my USB cable to my phone into the adapter. the FPV drone info was downloaded into the app and registration / activation began.  I have yet to see anything from DJI stating that.  

Even though both ends are UBC -C, the adapter must be plugged into the goggles so before connecting anything else, you have a USB 3 plug hanging off the goggles.

The drawing in the manual shows the OTG adapter plugged into the goggles, not the other way around.

In case anybody isn’t aware, the documentation that comes with the drone is extremely vague. I downloaded the full user manual from the DJI website and it’s quite detailed. Here’s the link for all the DJI FPV related manuals:

https://www.dji.com/ca/mobile/dji-fpv/downloads

2021-3-12
Use props
Youngrich87
lvl.1
Canada

It was a very confusing process for me but I got it to work finally. I updated the drone via DJI Assistant. During the transmit phase it kept failing so I gave up and decided to try to update the controller. Once the controller updated I noticed a notification saying “Transmitting” with a progress bar below it. When 100% was achieved a notification popped up saying controller and drone were now up to date. I proceeded to connect the goggles to DJI Assistant and downloaded the update but it failed over and over. I then connected the goggles to DJI Fly via my phone and this time I received a notification that firmware needed updated (all previous attempts only showed me a FlySafe update notification). I clicked update and after 30-40 mins the update was complete. Finally all error messages had disappeared and a notification popped up to bind to my phone number. Now I can fly!
PS: Don’t get discouraged if your firmware update seems like it’s stalled. Mine hung on 68%, 91% and 96%.
2021-3-12
Use props
Wanderlust Scuba
New

United States

KCantrell Posted at 3-5 11:23
I did get the activation to complete but only after recharging the goggles battery pack  back above 50%.  That seems like an odd fix but it was the only change made before success.

Doesnt matter I am having the same issue with batteries at full power.
2021-3-12
Use props
Wanderlust Scuba
New

United States

DJI_FPV_Roy Posted at 3-9 14:50
If it doesnt work, follow this guide..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk7CpyK0_1Y&ab_channel=IaninLondon

He doesnt even show the phone screen
horrible tutorial
2021-3-12
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Strange that the DJI Representative on the forum are not making any comments
2021-3-12
Use props
djiuser_usRXKku8ueLU
New
United States

I talked to the tech support.  If you are having problems with the fly app recognizing your fpv drone on iOS, you have to reconnect all googles, drone and controller.  I did that and when I launched the fly app again if instantly recognized  the drone.
2021-3-12
Use props
Wanderlust Scuba
New

United States

ALRIGHT BOYS I FIGURED IT OUT! I WILL BE UPLOADING A VIDEO HERE SOON !
2021-3-12
Use props
Wanderlust Scuba
New

United States

This is your solution guys! Hope it helps you!

https://youtu.be/VJuZn1X8ujQ
2021-3-12
Use props
Wanderlust Scuba
New

United States

DJI_FPV_Roy Posted at 3-5 15:05
Just got my DJI FPV today. Tried to connect the FPV through an android phone. Didnt work.

Tried it on my girlfriends iphone and it worked how it should. The issue seems to lie in the android version app.

Here is the solution!

2021-3-12
Use props
Wanderlust Scuba
New

United States

Waldorf Production Posted at 3-9 17:05
Same here after 12 hours trying different cables, iPhone, iPad, reinstall.....

Here is the solution!

2021-3-12
Use props
Wanderlust Scuba
New

United States

Ok, I finally got it to work.  After trying every thing under the sun I decided to try my wife's note 10 charging cable.  It is a USB C to USB C cable.  I took DJI's adaptor dongle out of the loop and it connected and activated like it was nothing.  The only thing I had powered up was the goggles.  The app was running and the goggles were power up.  I just plugged up the new cord and bingo.  As soon as it connected I powered up the drone and the controller and then went through the activation process.

This guy figured it out too!
2021-3-12
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules