1234Next >
32810 128 2021-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Glorfindeal
New
United States

terrafrost Posted at 3-10 19:21
It took me a good while to activate the drone myself. The Play Store has 1.2.1 whereas dji.com has 1.3.0. But even after downloaded the latest version from dji.com I still had issues. People here were saying "connect to the OTG USB cable from the goggles to your phone". idk wtf OTG means but I tried it with the cables that the DJI FPV comes with - a short male USB-C to female USB-A cable and a longer male USB-A cable to male USB-C. It's the shorter cable that you need to plug into your goggles. The USB-C end of the longer cable is what goes into your phone. If you do it the other way around it won't work.

Personally, this doesn't make much sense to me. When I'm transferring pictures from my camera to my phone using a USB-C (male) to USB-C (male) cable the direction doesn't matter. But for the DJI FPV even if both end points are USB-C you have to have a USB-A (male) to USB-A (female) connection? And the direction does matter? Doesn't make any sense to me!

I got this same message and just restarted all 3 components and reconnected and it updated.
2021-3-13
Use props
Svaftsploos
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have similar problem but using iPhone. The DJI FLY app seems to only allow Mavic Mini, Mavic Air 2 or DJI Mini 2.  No option for FPV at all.  I've tried using my iMac with the new DJI Assistant 2  (DJI FPV Series) App and it does detect the devices but after downloading the firmware upgrade, it fails.  I've tried many times and each time it fails.  Sometimes it gets 10% through downloading the  firmware update and just resets and goes back to 0%.  Crazy.  Another 2 days lost, while I wait for DJI tech support to return from the weekend so they can fail to resolve the problem.
2021-3-13
Use props
Grass
New
United Kingdom

Svaftsploos Posted at 3-13 07:00
I have similar problem but using iPhone. The DJI FLY app seems to only allow Mavic Mini, Mavic Air 2 or DJI Mini 2.  No option for FPV at all.  I've tried using my iMac with the new DJI Assistant 2  (DJI FPV Series) App and it does detect the devices but after downloading the firmware upgrade, it fails.  I've tried many times and each time it fails.  Sometimes it gets 10% through downloading the  firmware update and just resets and goes back to 0%.  Crazy.  Another 2 days lost, while I wait for DJI tech support to return from the weekend so they can fail to resolve the problem.

This is my issue too. I cannot update the drone, I can get the controller working and it controls the camera, it moves up and down. I can see the camera via the Goggles, but updating via the app I get an error saying "Make sure" and then the rest is in Chinese. I use DJI Assistant and it fails on the "transmitting" part.
2021-3-13
Use props
Poison Fly
lvl.1
France

Wanderlust Scuba Posted at 3-12 14:35
This guy figured it out too!

Doesn't work for me..

Product returned .bye bye dji
2021-3-13
Use props
jurko87
New
Flight distance : 229396 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I am trying to update the drone to version 01.01.0000 via DJI Assistant 2 but it always gives me the same error (both for the Goggles and for the drone) after downloading it.
When you connect the goggles to the application nothing comes out!
But how do you sell such non-working crap?
2021-3-13
Use props
D. Brent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100331 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI_FPV_Roy Posted at 3-5 15:05
Just got my DJI FPV today. Tried to connect the FPV through an android phone. Didnt work.

Tried it on my girlfriends iphone and it worked how it should. The issue seems to lie in the android version app.

what iPhone she have? Did you use USB to lightning cable?
2021-3-14
Use props
Paulzawodny
lvl.1
United States

I set the language to Chinese by mistake on the goggle set up, does anyone have a link to how to change without knowledge of the
2021-3-14
Use props
godtfrank
lvl.1
Flight distance : 190889 ft
Denmark

Dear DJI Support: DJI goggles v2 won't activate (DJI FPV Combo pack). When do you think that it will be fixed? Also tried with the downgrading option but got the same errors (See picture)
2021-3-15
Use props
Wlnter
New
Germany

Had the same issue but got it working. Here's what I did:

-Install DJI Assistant 2 on PC
-Install latest app from website
-Charge everything to at least 75%
-Update firmware on Goggles/Drone/Controller to latest using the "DJI_aftersales" account in DJI Assistant 2
-Startup all 3 devices, make sure they are linked
-Connect goggles to phone using the dongle on goggle side
-Restart the app
-Check goggles, they showed a slideshow of DJI FPV product pictures, clicked the 5-way navigation stick once and it started the activation process

Hope this helps until DJI manages to simplify the whole process.
Friend of mine is thinking of buying the drone but as long as it's this complicated to activate I can't recommend it
2021-3-17
Use props
djiuser_yWdP78Qbqw73
New

United Kingdom

Man these DJI people made such cracking toy but not so cracking when it comes to setting it all up. I returned one that I bought off Currys tried from Argos yet similar issue, power button wasn't turning off nor could get it linked up with my Galaxy 21s android version 10 contacted DJI via facebook webchat and phone call yet to no avail.
They seem to just turn a blind eye or that they SIMPLY have no clue either. Told me that your phone is not listed on their recommended compatible device list, yet they do not know themselves that any android version 6 and above should be just fine regardless.

I WAS ABOUT TO RETURN IT AS I tried and tried.  FINNALLY ITS LINKED AND THE POWER BUTTON WORKS TOO ONCE ITS CONNECTED AND UPDATED. You need to pay attention on the connecting cable, the cable has a tiny ( x ) should be connected to the phone with the ( x ) on the outer side and the other end of cable with the barcode sticker on to the other end to the remote and then take the aircraft battery out and put it back in keep turning it on and off until you hear a clinking sound from one of the propellers, you are doing this whilst the remote and the fly app are both in connecting mode You are then connected.  YOU DO NOT NEED TO CHANGE YOUR DEVICE OR ANYTHING.  Hope it works for you lot too. I will fly this baby soon so you are most welcome to check the footage on my YouTube channel at ( Jay Noorzad ) . Best of luck to you all folks.
2021-3-17
Use props
Paulzawodny
lvl.1
United States

I'm happy but sad I'm not alone on this issue got my combo last Thursday.. still no fly. I'll keep trying today :
2021-3-18
Use props
DKMphotography
lvl.1
Flight distance : 121 ft
United Kingdom

Craig S. Posted at 3-5 16:02
Finally figured it out you have to go to DJI and download the app on their website not Google play for android.  Install the application and you will be able to activate it.

Had the exact same issue & resolved it the same way (before reading this)...
DJI REALLY should make it simpler or state this.
They seem really keen on P*ssing off Android users!!
2021-3-18
Use props
johnniceone147
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1231886 ft
United Kingdom

WayneMann Posted at 3-9 11:44
I have tried everything here including reading the manual and nothing works.  I have all three devices updated through the assistant 2 fpv app.  That had to be done via windows based laptop.  My iMac would not update the drone.  I have deleted and reinstalled the DJI Fly app a half dozen times with the same results on both my Note 10+ and my ipads.  My thought on this matter are not fit to be put to paper!

Wayne Mann

I'm having the same problem as well, spend all this money on a drone it really isn't good enough.
2021-3-18
Use props
Svaftsploos
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Grass Posted at 3-13 08:38
This is my issue too. I cannot update the drone, I can get the controller working and it controls the camera, it moves up and down. I can see the camera via the Goggles, but updating via the app I get an error saying "Make sure" and then the rest is in Chinese. I use DJI Assistant and it fails on the "transmitting" part.

I have finally managed to get firmware update installed and am able to fly the drone.  The problem it seems was I was using the DJI FLY app on my iPhone 12. I spoke to DJI Support (chat) and they suggested I try an older phone.  I tried doing it on my older iPad and it worked first time.  Seems it doesn't like the iPhone 12 even though it runs on same version of iOS as 11 and earlier phones that it does work on.  Anyway, after much frustration, I'm up and flying now !  Good luck.
2021-3-20
Use props
edtamogr
New
United States

SOLUTION!!!!!Update the firmware on each device (hook up each one to your laptop and update via DJI Assistant 2  

Uninstall your DJI Fly App.  Install DJI Fly app directly from DJI.com   

I was able to activate my FPV and I'm flying high!!  Safe flying!!
2021-3-22
Use props
djiuser_7MUl2569OWlJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1719787 ft
Canada

My phone was finicky with the provided USB-C adaptor.  Everything lit up and updated when I used a USB-C - USB-C cable.   Updating now!!
2021-3-22
Use props
fans97344b8f
lvl.1
United States

Did you get a fix for this? The DJI Assistant 2 app (Mac) keeps failing while trying to update my drone and goggles. I can't get them to connect via the app (Android) either. It's a $1300 brick
2021-3-24
Use props
semkow87
lvl.1
United States

dermaximilian Posted at 3-6 03:59
Exact same problem. Tried it with iPhone 11 Pro, iPad Pro, Samsung A40 - no chance. It seems like the remote doesn't recognize the other products.
Super disappointing to sit here and not being able to use the new expensive toy.
Any idea how to reset everything? Couldn't find any tutorial for that...

How did you reset drone ?
2021-3-25
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

OK, so what do you do if your phone is not compatible with the "FLY" app ????? Buy a new phone ??? What a bunch of cwap. I've even tried andriod emulators on my PC, but they will not install the "FLY" app, either. So, I'm glad I saved all the boxes etc. and that I got mine from Amazon. I'll bet there will be a whole lot of these on sale in Amazons warehouse, from all the returns! So sad DJI
2021-3-26
Use props
Guayakos Ecuador
New

Ecuador

Alguien habla español? Ya lo intente todo y dji fly no reconoce mi dji fpv y no lo puedo activar
Ya probe con iphone 7, X, 11 y 12
También probe con varios samsung
2021-3-28
Use props
djiuser_kGvLcwOUAA6n
New
United States

FINALLY!!!

Tried all the solutions posted here and on youtube.  Tried the dji sales login to upgrade and downgrade the firmware.  Tried switching cables, switching phones both android and iphone.  Tried changing the location of where I connected the dongle.

Nothing worked.  

Finally as I was about to return the fpv combo back to best buy, I decided to try to relink the drone, controller and goggles,.   Viola

ACTIVATION!!!!

So for those of you guys who are still grounded try relinking everything.  The activation popped right up afterwards.
2021-3-29
Use props
SubVetUSA
lvl.1
United States

For Android:  If your phone is plugged in to DJI USB cord to dongle to goggles and you get an indication that the phone starts charging when you power up your battery pack to the goggles then you should be good to go for activation. Make sure you have the DJI website APK version of FPV v1.3.0 installed and running.  I spent hours looking for different USB C cables including my OEM Samsung S10+ cable and nothing worked until I used the cables that DJI provided.
2021-3-29
Use props
djiuser_FvjqKVLGYXu5
New
Singapore

Just got my combo. Struggled with the given procedures too.

I did a relink of goggles to FPV unit, with my Android phone connected to googles and with DJI Fly apps running, and voila, the apps detected the FPV system and automated the activation upon completion of the relink.

Hopes this helps.

P.s.the apps did a firmware upgrade after activation, so please consider activation using fully charged batteries.
2021-3-30
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

OK, my new iPhone 7 arrived today. Almost said screw it, as I had to go through all kinds of hoops, to "activate" the phone. Finally got it running, downloaded the "Fly" app. Like others said, it does/did not show the FPV drone, so I clicked on one of the others. All kinds of weird stuff happened, so I shut everything down, and restarted. On the 3rd or 4th time, it finally went into the activation screen, and did it's thing. I't has been very frustrating, and expensive, to get this expensive flying machine up in the air. BUT, I got to say, it was worth the fight and money. The image and range are unbelievable. I'm now a happy 71 year old boy.
2021-3-30
Use props
Gf999
lvl.2
Poland

Hi everyone,

I checked all above messages and tried many solutions but still without success.

Few facts:
- I get my DJI FPV goggles V2 alone WITHOUT controller and drone - just goggles (in my box there was NO OTG, dongle or whatever calls, just two cables - one for battery second one USB-C to USB-A;
- I have my drone with DJI air unit (Vista) - racing drone made from different components equipped with DJI air unit and TBS receiver;
- I use TBS Tango 2 controller;

Drone with controller is already binded and fly without problems. I was not able to bind drone with goggles. Drone was activated by DJI assist 2 and new firmware uploaded. After many tries I was able to update goggles to latest firmware. Downgrade stopped and crashed. I tried to connect goggles with DJI assist 2 and DJI Fly but activation box did not appear ever!

I tried DJI assist 2 on OS X catalina, windows 10.
I tried DJI Fly on P10 Android (version from DJI website), and on iPhone 8.

I used many cables from DJI, apple and other. However I did not have this OTG (it was not included in goggles box). I tried adapter SATECHI (with USB A and HDMI) which I used with my MB PRO (which have only USB-C). No idea what to do

2021-3-30
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

After these have been out for a little while longer, someone, probably young, will figure out the button presses, with power on cycles, to get into dev mode, on all this DJI stuff. Programs will be written, etc. etc. Right now, we're sorta stuck with DJI period. I just today got my FPV kit activated, and flying, and am already wondering "IF" I will be able to pair my goggles with an air unit ????
2021-3-30
Use props
djiuser_PhRdC4hoVe6Q
lvl.1
United States

Does the android apk work on Android devices. Seeing alot of mixed answers??? Why is it not in the play store? Guys you know half of your drone operators use Android why was this not addressed before you release the drone I would be embarrassed of that if I were you and I don't want to answer this question pretty quick or I'll be returning my drone and everything else that came with it. Please advise as to what the status of working with Android is I need a firm answer. Period. Thank you.
2021-3-31
Use props
Gf999
lvl.2
Poland

Gf999 Posted at 3-30 15:26
Hi everyone,

I checked all above messages and tried many solutions but still without success.

Hi,
finally I solved my problem with activation but I need to say I think it is a lottery. How I made it:

I get same tips from DJI team as few person before (I need to admit that they answer very fast on email):

1) download DJI assist 2 (version 2.1.0 from DJI web site)
2) logged in using account [url=mailtoJI_aftersales@outlook.com]DJI_aftersales@outlook.com[/url] / DJI123456
3) Power up my goggles (maybe it is not relevant but i charge it to 100%)
4) connect to laptop (using USB-C to USB-A from goggle's box - please note that I bought only goggles and I'm using it with DJI Air Unit on my racing drone (not DJI one);
5) When goggles appear on DJI assist 2 I made downgrade of firmware V00.05.1086 (I used another laptop with windows 10, before I tried many times (like 10-15) on MB PRO with OS X and dell with windows 10 but during transferring of firmware it was failing)
6) After successful downgrading I disconnect goggles and in goggles I turned on option: menu > about > switch to DJI FPV system
7) reboot of googles (just by power button on battery)
8) connect DJI Goggles to laptop with DJI assist 2 again
9) relogg to my account and WOW there was pop up option with activation
10) few clicking on agree after reading and activation was done
11) update to latest firmware: v01.00.06.06

When my goggles was ready I tried to connect them with my DJI Air Unit also with problem.
I used steps from manual > start drone > start googles > click on link button at DJI Air Unit (change color from green to red) > click link button on goggles which start bip bip bip ;) nothing!

So after several times I changed sequence (power up > link button on goggles (in FPV system mode) bip bip > link button on air unit turn red and it works! it was linked after 2 seconds. Air unit led change into green, goggles stop biping.

Short summary:
I lost around 5 hours to find solution. It appears that solution that I already tried finally works. I used only cables from DJI Goggles. It works on third laptop. Till now I was not able to connect it with my smartphone (Huawei P10 or iPhone 8 with DJI Fly app downloaded from DJI web site).
I already try to fly - just to check it - 3 amazing  minutes!!!
Tomorrow I will fly more and will check range, quality and other functions.

I hope that will help someone have a nice day!
2021-3-31
Use props
Steve YourMom
New

United States

This is a world-class piece of ....  3 hours and finally get this stupid DJI Fly app to connect to goggles, now goggles just boot loop.  Turn the whole system on, goggles connect just fine, 30 seconds later they reboot... Process repeats continuously.  That's a solid feature set to have mid flight.  This Chinese junk is going back to Best Buy.  Good luck all.
2021-3-31
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

Can you imagine how many of these returned kits are piling up at Amazon, Best Buy, B&H Photo, etc. etc. What a mess for the dealers. Probably won't be long and there will not be ANY MORE kits available. If you were a dealer, would you want a shelf full of these things, to try to sell? I think NOT! Someone has to come out with a fix, to do away with all these connection, activation, binding problems. HELLO DJI  ANYBODY HOME ???? Your new year holiday is over, time to get back to work and fix your defective products, especially before you try to pawn off anything else "NEW".
2021-4-2
Use props
djiuser_oK0tlVTPVCTi
lvl.1

United States

Has anyone been able to activate it using an Iphone 8? I'm just about to give up, if it worked for you with an Iphone please share what version are you using... thank you!
2021-4-3
Use props
djiuser_bWF4LHxOZzGb
New

United States

It works great great for me!!!
I used a NOOT USB C to USB C .  It worked!  Amazing.  I can see DJI FPV Aircraft.
Now I have to learn basic skills from the simulator.

NOOT USB C to USB C cable can be brought from AMAZON, for only 4 dollars.

Thanks man.  Appreciate that.  
2021-4-4
Use props
Steve YourMom
New

United States

Anyone with Google/Nest WiFi system have issues downloading the firmware over your WiFi network?  I was unable to- it's obvious the firewall was preventing the DJI firmware download, which is a bit alarming (China).  I had to use cellular data to get it done.

I've got my second kit coming today, I returned the first one.  If anyone is considering this Chinese turd, I recommend buying/ordering from Best Buy if possible- makes it very easy to return and get your money back.  Here's to hoping the second one functions correctly..
2021-4-5
Use props
djiuser_s5x0LMy1o3Nf
New

United States

djiuser_oWWyKevrMkIi Posted at 3-5 17:03
It works! I have dowloaded the app from the dji site and connected to the the googles and not the drone...i fly !

Correct, connect to Goggles, NOT drone. But download scan the bar code on the starter guide that came with the app to download the current firmware first.
2021-4-6
Use props
MadMogs
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

markinter Posted at 3-5 17:37
make sure the otg cable is inserted into the goggles not your phone. i had the same issue. oops didnt see this was already answered.
Thank you for your suggestion it worked for me.. I cant believe that all my issue was, the fact i had the OTG in my phone and not the goggles!

Ps i did also download the app off the website but that did not work for me..
2021-4-13
Use props
FrootWhoopz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 253832 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Had a combo over a month ago and the Fly App connected and installed and activated everything,
Then I got a second Combo due to returning the first because of faulty goggles and....
1 - App updated goggles
2 - Then iPhone (12) would not detect anything
3 - Tried updating Drone and Controller via Mac (Fails every time)
4 - Tried on PC (Worked fine)
5 - Goggles show RC and Drone Firmware out of date (+ Phone doesn't connect to solve this)
6 - Tried different cables, on, off, restart, rebind and nothing
7 - Tried different iphone (11) and finally connected to the goggles and then the goggles were able to see that the Drone and RC are up to date.
8 - After that glitch was gone the original phone is connecting fine now.

It is so random, there is no one answer or problem to this.
2021-4-13
Use props
fans0cd9ebe1
New

United States

DJI FPV Connect Aircraft Issues
I am using an iPhone, and unfortunately, the DJI Fly App does not appear to support the FPV drone.  When attempting to "Connect Aircraft," the FPV drone is NOT listed as one of the drone options to connect to. The ONLY drones listed are MAVIC MINI, MAVIC AIR 2, DJI MINI 2.  The App version is 1.3.1. This issue doesn't appear to have anything to do with the drone, goggles, or controller.  In fact, you can start the App on your phone and simply press the Connect Aircraft button to see the available options.

The DJI Website says: The DJI Fly app interface was designed to be simplified and ultra-intuitive. Compatible for Mavic Mini, Mavic Air 2, DJI Mini 2, DJI FPV

For the iPhone: Referencing the QR code on the DJI website takes you to the Apple  App Store where v1.3.1 is the latest release.

It would be helpful if DJI would simply take responsibility for the issue, address it directly, and fix the App.  
2021-4-13
Use props
Corey Dallaire
lvl.1

Canada

Figured it out for mine. Had to relink the goggles, drone, and remote. Press small red button on goggles till they beep, turn drone on and press and hold battery button again till goggles stop beeping. Now to link remote, turn on remote and press and hold on button until remote beeps, press and hold drone button until remote stops beeping and BAM you're all linked up and goggles should be able to activate drone through fly app!
2021-5-1
Use props
sirioilmago
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78150 ft
Italy

Bigplumbs Posted at 3-6 23:19
This is what to do

1) Read the manual

hello !
i see you know everything about DJI...
can you help me with this issue ?

thank you !
2021-6-4
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

sirioilmago Posted at 6-4 08:42
hello !
i see you know everything about DJI...
can you help me with this issue ?

I think it would help to know a bit more about what you are doing.
Was the drone turned on?
Was the remote on?
Have you activated the drone yet?
Do you have the Fly App from the FPV drone's download section?
2021-6-4
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules