gimbal not working on mavic pro, bought used.
8763 27 2021-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mikeguthrie2674
lvl.1

United States

bought a barely used Mavic Pro with fly more package, it seems to fly perfect, but the gimbl will not move with the dials on the remote.  i have tried several things i saw on other threads and nothing has worked, it will not auto calibrate, yaw and roll adjustment does nothing, BUT it does move on start up!  I even downloaded the assistant 2 and updated everything, does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?  even tried to export log files, but it gave an error message.  Thanks in advance!  Hoping its something simple since this is my first nice drone.....

2021-3-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Mikeguthrie2674. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Please check whether there's anything blocking the gimbal such as dirt, dust, or sand debris as it could affect the gimbal movements. To check the functionality of the gimbal dial, we recommend performing an RC calibration.
2021-3-6
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10326581 ft
Canada

most likely the ac was involved in a crash I'm sorry to tell you.
2021-3-6
Use props
Mikeguthrie2674
lvl.1

United States

Picanoc Jack Posted at 3-6 06:06
most likely the ac was involved in a crash I'm sorry to tell you.

pretty sure it wasnt in a crash, it has zero scratches any where on it, still has the original stickers too.  Also, upon start up, the gimbal goes through its X, Y, Z axis movemnets, I just cant get it to move withe RC.  I just calibrated it, maybe it will work now.....
2021-3-6
Use props
Mikeguthrie2674
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-6 01:33
Hi, Mikeguthrie2674. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Please check whether there's anything blocking the gimbal such as dirt, dust, or sand debris as it could affect the gimbal movements. To check the functionality of the gimbal dial, we recommend performing an RC calibration.
https://youtu.be/psFeOF1lBsI

i calibrated the RC and still no luck.  what I do not understand is when you turn the drone on, the gimbal goes through its normal X,Y,Z axis check just fine......
2021-3-6
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Did you check the dail speed for the gimbal on the RC yet. My be it´s a value around 0.
2021-3-6
Use props
Mikeguthrie2674
lvl.1

United States

Peterx Posted at 3-6 07:50
Did you check the dail speed for the gimbal on the RC yet. My be it´s a value around 0.

i do not know how to do that, please explain how and i will try it, thank you!
2021-3-6
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-6 01:33
https://youtu.be/psFeOF1lBsI

Have you tried unsparing the remote and repairing it
2021-3-6
Use props
Mikeguthrie2674
lvl.1

United States

RenegadeCowboyAZ Posted at 3-6 12:09
Have you tried unsparing the remote and repairing it

very new to this, can you give me details on exactly what you mean?  thanks for the help.
2021-3-6
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

Mikeguthrie2674@gmail.com Posted at 3-6 06:32
pretty sure it wasnt in a crash, it has zero scratches any where on it, still has the original stickers too.  Also, upon start up, the gimbal goes through its X, Y, Z axis movemnets, I just cant get it to move withe RC.  I just calibrated it, maybe it will work now.....

yes they do that on start up ,  it also done it for me when I had a crash however the problem was still there,  the reason was that I had a very small crash and the gimbal did not work properly after so I sent it to DJI for repairs,  they fixed the problem and it was well worth the funds I had to pay.
2021-3-7
Use props
Mikeguthrie2674
lvl.1

United States

Picanoc Jack Posted at 3-7 05:19
yes they do that on start up ,  it also done it for me when I had a crash however the problem was still there,  the reason was that I had a very small crash and the gimbal did not work properly after so I sent it to DJI for repairs,  they fixed the problem and it was well worth the funds I had to pay.

i might be doing the same......everything I have tried has not worked.  i also recently got a pair of DJI racing goggles from a friend that i would like to use, but cant unless Gimbal works.  Do you mind me asking how much it was to repair tyours?
2021-3-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mikeguthrie2674@gmail.com Posted at 3-6 07:40
i calibrated the RC and still no luck.  what I do not understand is when you turn the drone on, the gimbal goes through its normal X,Y,Z axis check just fine......

Please perform a gimbal calibration to confirm whether the problem was either the gimbal camera or the Gimbal Dial in the remote. You can also go to Camera View in the DJI GO 4 app, tap and hold on the screen until a blue circle appears, then drag the circle to control the camera's tilt. In that way, you can verify if it's a gimbal or remote issue.
2021-3-7
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

Mikeguthrie2674@gmail.com Posted at 3-7 05:40
i might be doing the same......everything I have tried has not worked.  i also recently got a pair of DJI racing goggles from a friend that i would like to use, but cant unless Gimbal works.  Do you mind me asking how much it was to repair tyours?

200.00 Canadian funds
2021-3-7
Use props
Mikeguthrie2674
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-7 23:25
Please perform a gimbal calibration to confirm whether the problem was either the gimbal camera or the Gimbal Dial in the remote. You can also go to Camera View in the DJI GO 4 app, tap and hold on the screen until a blue circle appears, then drag the circle to control the camera's tilt. In that way, you can verify if it's a gimbal or remote issue.

I tried the blue circle and the gimbal never moved, also.....I may have stated this wrong in the original post, I have a mavic 2 pro, not sure that changes anything that i have tried to do to fix this issue.  sorry for the mix up....  I have recalibrated everything from compass, IMU, etc.when i try gimbal auto calibration, nothing happens in the app or on the drone. BUT the camera still moves at start up for some strange reason.
2021-3-8
Use props
Mikeguthrie2674
lvl.1

United States

Peterx Posted at 3-6 07:50
Did you check the dail speed for the gimbal on the RC yet. My be it´s a value around 0.

played with the dial speed from 0-100, still nothing.
2021-3-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mikeguthrie2674@gmail.com Posted at 3-8 08:33
I tried the blue circle and the gimbal never moved, also.....I may have stated this wrong in the original post, I have a mavic 2 pro, not sure that changes anything that i have tried to do to fix this issue.  sorry for the mix up....  I have recalibrated everything from compass, IMU, etc.when i try gimbal auto calibration, nothing happens in the app or on the drone. BUT the camera still moves at start up for some strange reason.

Since that didn't work either, it would be suggested to return the product back to our Service Center for further testing and also to verify what's causing the mentioned issue. At your soonest convenience, please get in touch with our Customer Support to assist you to open a ticket.
2021-3-10
Use props
Mikeguthrie2674
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-10 23:53
Since that didn't work either, it would be suggested to return the product back to our Service Center for further testing and also to verify what's causing the mentioned issue. At your soonest convenience, please get in touch with our Customer Support to assist you to open a ticket.

Before I send for service, I read an extensive thread on “gimbal overload” issues that dates back to almost 2 years ago, with the same issues I am having.  Did DJI ever resolve this?  The reason I ask...yesterday  I refreshed the firmware on the remote and it showed a “normal” gimbal status (not for long), but when I entered into “active track” the gimbal actually worked and moved for the first time!  This has to be a software issue.  It still shows nothing when I try to calibrate the gimbal, I have done IMU and compass and all firmware updates.  Now what?
2021-3-12
Use props
Mikeguthrie2674
lvl.1

United States

Picanoc Jack Posted at 3-7 23:41
200.00 Canadian funds

Before I send for service, I read an extensive thread on “gimbal overload” issues that dates back to almost 2 years ago, with the same issues I am having.  Did DJI ever resolve this?  The reason I ask...yesterday  I refreshed the firmware on the remote and it showed a “normal” gimbal status (not for long), but when I entered into “active track” the gimbal actually worked and moved for the first time!  This has to be a software issue.  It still shows nothing when I try to calibrate the gimbal, I have done IMU and compass and all firmware updates.  Now what?  The thread I read was 3 pages of why I wasted money....and sounded like DJI had no resolution for this.....
2021-3-12
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

Mikeguthrie2674@gmail.com Posted at 3-12 06:40
Before I send for service, I read an extensive thread on “gimbal overload” issues that dates back to almost 2 years ago, with the same issues I am having.  Did DJI ever resolve this?  The reason I ask...yesterday  I refreshed the firmware on the remote and it showed a “normal” gimbal status (not for long), but when I entered into “active track” the gimbal actually worked and moved for the first time!  This has to be a software issue.  It still shows nothing when I try to calibrate the gimbal, I have done IMU and compass and all firmware updates.  Now what?  The thread I read was 3 pages of why I wasted money....and sounded like DJI had no resolution for this.....

that's exactly what was happening to mine, right after the small crash it worked ok, it might have worked a couple more times even showing an error gimbal overload or something  but I knew it had to go to dji for repairs and they fixed it. mistakes will cost you so fly safely.
2021-3-13
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

Mikeguthrie2674@gmail.com Posted at 3-12 06:38
Before I send for service, I read an extensive thread on “gimbal overload” issues that dates back to almost 2 years ago, with the same issues I am having.  Did DJI ever resolve this?  The reason I ask...yesterday  I refreshed the firmware on the remote and it showed a “normal” gimbal status (not for long), but when I entered into “active track” the gimbal actually worked and moved for the first time!  This has to be a software issue.  It still shows nothing when I try to calibrate the gimbal, I have done IMU and compass and all firmware updates.  Now what?

Just remembered  I didn't pay 200.00  DJI accepted that some of that problem they were responsible and they only charged me 75.00 usfunds,  like I said it was a very small accident, just because yours doesn't have any scratches on it does not mean it was in a crash.
2021-3-14
Use props
Mikeguthrie2674
lvl.1

United States

Picanoc Jack Posted at 3-14 05:17
Just remembered  I didn't pay 200.00  DJI accepted that some of that problem they were responsible and they only charged me 75.00 usfunds,  like I said it was a very small accident, just because yours doesn't have any scratches on it does not mean it was in a crash.

I wonder if they will do that for me since I bought mine used, lol.  How hard was it to send back?  I notice that people complain that it is a hassle and takes a while.
2021-3-15
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

Mikeguthrie2674@gmail.com Posted at 3-15 07:39
I wonder if they will do that for me since I bought mine used, lol.  How hard was it to send back?  I notice that people complain that it is a hassle and takes a while.

no I found them quite good, I also found them quite fair,  you will most likely be without the drone for about 3 weeks but at least your drone will get repaired,  and chances are that they will furnish you with another drone, It's cheaper for them to furnish you with another drone rather than repairing it,  this is what happened with the drones I sent to them,  just go to them and they will send you a shipping label , it will end up in Texas and after receiving the drone they will advise you about the damages and cost of repair, then it's all up to you what you decide,  but as I said before they are very fair.
2021-3-16
Use props
Mikeguthrie2674
lvl.1

United States

Picanoc Jack Posted at 3-16 02:59
no I found them quite good, I also found them quite fair,  you will most likely be without the drone for about 3 weeks but at least your drone will get repaired,  and chances are that they will furnish you with another drone, It's cheaper for them to furnish you with another drone rather than repairing it,  this is what happened with the drones I sent to them,  just go to them and they will send you a shipping label , it will end up in Texas and after receiving the drone they will advise you about the damages and cost of repair, then it's all up to you what you decide,  but as I said before they are very fair.

Well, I guess that my last option. Thanks again for your help, I’ll let you know how it goes.
2021-3-17
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

Mikeguthrie2674@gmail.com Posted at 3-17 05:35
Well, I guess that my last option. Thanks again for your help, I’ll let you know how it goes.

I am quite sure that you will have a positive satisfaction with this issue
2021-3-19
Use props
MavicPro98
New

New Zealand

Are you able to pitch the camera up and down with the dedicated button an the back of the controller?
2021-3-20
Use props
Mikeguthrie2674
lvl.1

United States

MavicPro98 Posted at 3-20 12:20
Are you able to pitch the camera up and down with the dedicated button an the back of the controller?

no, and ive tried literally everything I've read or seen on threads and videos.  One weird thing...when I did active track, the gymbal moves....... something is not right.... I even bought the racing goggles from a friend, but no head mocement action.  Guess i need DJI to take a look......
2021-3-21
Use props
MavicPro98
New

New Zealand

Mikeguthrie2674@gmail.com Posted at 3-21 15:47
no, and ive tried literally everything I've read or seen on threads and videos.  One weird thing...when I did active track, the gymbal moves....... something is not right.... I even bought the racing goggles from a friend, but no head mocement action.  Guess i need DJI to take a look......

The gimbal seems to be pretty weak on the Mavic; I also have issues with mine and so do many others from what I've read.
Keep us posted on your findings.

Good luck
2021-3-24
Use props
Adrian.volm
lvl.1
Australia

Bump!!
Im having the same problem, I've had the drone (mavic pro 2) from new, and it never crashed for the last 6 months sometimes the gimble will work ( 1 out of 20 times turning it on and off) most of the time it does not work

when I turn the drone on the gimble it moves fine through the startup it does, then when I try to use the controller to move the gimble...nothing, if I go to advanced gimble settings and try to click "reset Settings" I get a "reset timed out" message
gimble cal does nothing
gimble Roll and yaw does nothing
I've tried to uninstall and re-install the app
this is a software issue for sure, some advice would be great
1-11 12:43
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules