Language Selection DJI Goggles V2
5084 12 2021-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JackJack83
New

United States

I can't get the 5D button to allow language selection in the googles.  I know the 5D button responds since I can use it to wake the goggles after sitting a while, I just can't get past the language selection screen.  Has anyone had this issue?
2021-3-5
Use props
djiuser_T0nUndlc8M1k
lvl.2
Flight distance : 246965 ft
France

I literally had this issue a few hours ago when I activated/ setup for the first time the dji fpv drone.
I'm not sure what fixed it, but I recommend that you update the goggles / controller and FPV drone with the DJI Assistant 2 on a windows system, just use a USB cable to connect the devices. Once the devices were all updated, the goggles 5D stick responded.
2021-3-5
Use props
JackJack83
New

United States

djiuser_T0nUndlc8M1k Posted at 3-5 14:15
I literally had this issue a few hours ago when I activated/ setup for the first time the dji fpv drone.
I'm not sure what fixed it, but I recommend that you update the goggles / controller and FPV drone with the DJI Assistant 2 on a windows system, just use a USB cable to connect the devices. Once the devices were all updated, the goggles 5D stick responded.

Is there something I need to do to get the goggles to recognize being plugged in?  I installed the the DJI FPV - DJI Assistant 2 and it's just showing me the USB icon but I have the goggles plugged in via USB C
2021-3-5
Use props
omaruisfed
lvl.2
Flight distance : 246965 ft
France

JackJack83 Posted at 3-5 14:49
Is there something I need to do to get the goggles to recognize being plugged in?  I installed the the DJI FPV - DJI Assistant 2 and it's just showing me the USB icon but I have the goggles plugged in via USB C

try plugging and unplugging, I used a USB type C on goggles and at the end of it a USB type A (common usb plug) to the computer.
2021-3-5
Use props
RedCorn Studios
lvl.2
Flight distance : 551916 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had this and it also started working after the firmware update ran.
2021-3-5
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Apologies if stating the obvious; the very first screen has the languages; English already has the green tick but the button to proceed is over on the right, so you must move the cursor right to highlight the enter or proceed button before pressing the 5D button to confirm.
2021-3-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, JackJack83. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Kindly update the remote, aircraft, and the DJI Goggles then test the functionality of the 5D button. When doing the update, make sure that the device has sufficient power before updating firmware. Before performing an update, make sure the Intelligent Flight Battery is at least 43% charged and the goggles battery and the remote controller are at least 30% charged. You can also update everything separately using the DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series). If you're having trouble detecting your device to the DJI Assistant 2, kindly unplug and replug the communication cable or restart your desktop/laptop before doing another update.
2021-3-6
Use props
v4moose
lvl.1
Flight distance : 231184 ft
Australia

Hi, I also have the same issue that the buttons don't activate any menu item. I hear a beep when the buttons are pressed but nothing changes on the screen.

All devices (controller, headset, drone) are on latest version.
2021-3-9
Use props
JackJack83
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-6 02:35
Hi, JackJack83. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Kindly update the remote, aircraft, and the DJI Goggles then test the functionality of the 5D button. When doing the update, make sure that the device has sufficient power before updating firmware. Before performing an update, make sure the Intelligent Flight Battery is at least 43% charged and the goggles battery and the remote controller are at least 30% charged. You can also update everything separately using the DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series). If you're having trouble detecting your device to the DJI Assistant 2, kindly unplug and replug the communication cable or restart your desktop/laptop before doing another update.

This worked for me.  I connected all devices (controller, goggles, drone) then connected the goggles to my phone and went through a few firmware updates (took a long time).  Once everything completed the language selection worked.
2021-3-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JackJack83 Posted at 3-9 05:10
This worked for me.  I connected all devices (controller, goggles, drone) then connected the goggles to my phone and went through a few firmware updates (took a long time).  Once everything completed the language selection worked.

You're most welcome and glad that resolved your concern.
2021-3-10
Use props
djiuser_0quaObtCvEny
lvl.1
United States

The 5D toggle on the goggles does not work to allow me to press "OK" on the alert box that tells me firmware needs updating. No firmware update no functioning 5d toggle function, Catch 22? Help please!#
2021-7-14
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

I too had the same exact problem. Buttons would do nothing, like they weren't connected. Stuck on selsect language screen, English selected, but can not move curser to select anything.... DJI had me return, and got a new pair of goggles in a week. I tried everything possible, nothing worked for me, but to return.
2021-7-15
Use props
hychewright
lvl.2
United States

cootertwo Posted at 2021-7-15 03:09
I too had the same exact problem. Buttons would do nothing, like they weren't connected. Stuck on selsect language screen, English selected, but can not move curser to select anything.... DJI had me return, and got a new pair of goggles in a week. I tried everything possible, nothing worked for me, but to return.

My new dji v2 goggles arrived yesterday and plugged in power to the goggles  screen came on hooked up cable to activate and nothing happened. I let it set for 3 or 4 minutes and just would not activate. Rebooted several times and still would not activate? Another problem is when I press the D5 button to bring up the settings menu nothing happened? Pressed again and again still nothing? This is a brand new pair of goggles right out of the box.  Probably have to send these back to DJI. I don't know what is going on? Any ideas?
2022-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules