1120 7 2021-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RedCorn Studios
lvl.2
Flight distance : 551916 ft
  • >>>
United States

Using the Go Fly app and my Mini 2 I can unlock different airspace around my airport just fine. However the FPV drone only says its locked but doesn't give the option to unlock. There is a button that says Apply Unlock (or something like that) but it just goes to directions that don't seem to follow what the app does with the FPV. Please tell me I'm just missing something obvious.
2021-3-5
Use props
RedCorn Studios
lvl.2
Flight distance : 551916 ft
  • >>>
United States

Heard from support. It would seem the FPV drone doesn’t support the on-site authorization. They provided this response that doesn’t say why or if it will ever be enabled:  Since you are in blue authorization zone. FPV does not support to unlock the blue zone on site. Please submit self/custom unlocking request for license first on PC via this link https://www.dji.com/flysafe/custom-unlock.
2021-3-5
Use props
TechJAM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 96302 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can’t believe that nobody else is mentioning this, there’s so much hype around this drone and a ton of YouTube videos on it, but nobody mentions how you cannot unlock zones, even when you can easily do so with a Mavic... this is a major drawback to owning this drone compared to any other FPV or even other DJI drones. DJI needs to fix this NOW!
2021-3-13
Use props
fans31487cd1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58104 ft
United States

having the same issues, even if I user the self unlock I get "Failed" and cannot unlock my FPV, can do it on my Mavic and Spark, would like to at least fly in my own back yard at low altitude instead of driving to the next city.
2021-3-14
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

fans31487cd1 Posted at 3-14 09:39
having the same issues, even if I user the self unlock I get "Failed" and cannot unlock my FPV, can do it on my Mavic and Spark, would like to at least fly in my own back yard at low altitude instead of driving to the next city.

are you all living at the airport? How close to the airport do you have to be for this to happen? I am personally in 150 meter restriction zone but the drone is taking off without any problems...
2021-3-14
Use props
BadSector137
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58104 ft
United States

tomekyo Posted at 3-14 11:36
are you all living at the airport? How close to the airport do you have to be for this to happen? I am personally in 150 meter restriction zone but the drone is taking off without any problems...

I figured it out, it was in the app, go to profile and settings, scroll down to GPS Zone unlock or something like that, it imported  my license to the drop and off I went..
2021-3-14
Use props
Catseyemick
lvl.1

United States

TechJAM Posted at 3-13 14:23
I can’t believe that nobody else is mentioning this, there’s so much hype around this drone and a ton of YouTube videos on it, but nobody mentions how you cannot unlock zones, even when you can easily do so with a Mavic... this is a major drawback to owning this drone compared to any other FPV or even other DJI drones. DJI needs to fix this NOW!

I live in an Authorization Zone, near a small airport, so being able to temporarily unlock the airspace in the DJIFly app every time I want to fly is very convenient and one of my favorite features of the app.  It's very frustrating that I can't fly my new FPV since I can no longer do this thru the app or the goggles.

When I purchased my new FPV, I assumed this feature in the app would still be there with a new drone model, not removed.

What DJI really needs to do is add this feature to the goggles OSD so you can unlock the zone in the goggles and not have to go to the website on your PC to unlock it; or even take your goggles off to do it on your phone.
2021-3-15
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
Flight distance : 13 ft
  • >>>
United States

TechJAM Posted at 3-13 14:23
I can’t believe that nobody else is mentioning this, there’s so much hype around this drone and a ton of YouTube videos on it, but nobody mentions how you cannot unlock zones, even when you can easily do so with a Mavic... this is a major drawback to owning this drone compared to any other FPV or even other DJI drones. DJI needs to fix this NOW!

There are a lot of issues with the DJI FPV drone that have seemingly popped up from nowhere. The really annoying thing to me is how unnecessary it is for these problems to exist at all because most of them are tied to DJI's overly restrictive DRM riddled software and firmware. I swear it's like being a PC gamer in the early 00's when every game was riddled with copyright protection nonsense that made them halfway impossible to play.
2021-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules