Aircraft not bound to phone number
2444 27 2021-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bertc
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I'm getting this message after all was activated.  What do I do?

"Aircraft not bound to phone number"

Thank you,
Bert
2021-3-5
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Same problem - here's my post on another thread

Can not Activate FPV to my Account. This is about my 10th DJI drone on this account - Got a FPV today charged it up, then updated the firmware using my new updated DJI Fly App.

For reasons unknown, the FPV does not see it activated to my account. I even tried making a new account with no luck. I called DJI tech service and the show the drones serial accitvated to my email account but the drone still thinks it needs to be done.

Does anyone have a clue how to resolve this goofy problem

Thanks Mike

2021-3-5
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1478842 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I’m having the exact same problem, further troubleshooting ive done. Clear the cach in the fly app, deleted the app then re-installed. The drone is activated and all firmware is up to date. I’m able to clear the message when connected to the phone, but after i turn the drone on and off it comes back with the ‘Aircraft not bound to phone number’ message
2021-3-6
Use props
gbaum.paintballphotography
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18308950 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try connecting the OTG USB cable adapter in to the goggles while the other end of the USB C plugs in to your phone NOT THE AIRCRAFT
2021-3-6
Use props
Ben-Dulaney
New

United States

Oh are you kidding me! That instantly solved the problem, but I'm more mad at myself for not realizing that or trying that idea. ARGGGGGGG!
2021-3-6
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

gbaum.paintballphotography Posted at 3-6 18:42
Try connecting the OTG USB cable adapter in to the goggles while the other end of the USB C plugs in to your phone NOT THE AIRCRAFT

Unfortunately this only works until you re-boot the drone, then it loses the bounding and have to do it again
2021-3-6
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Ben-Dulaney Posted at 3-6 19:38
Oh are you kidding me! That instantly solved the problem, but I'm more mad at myself for not realizing that or trying that idea. ARGGGGGGG!

Let me know please if it still works after you re-boot?
2021-3-6
Use props
rcpilot23
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

I have connect my iphone to the goggles for every flight. Once I have connected and everthing is running I can then unplug the phone and fly without the message in the goggles but it returns in the next flight unless I connect my phone again.
2021-3-6
Use props
Ben-Dulaney
New

United States

jdmagoo Posted at 3-6 19:47
Let me know please if it still works after you re-boot?

Yep still works great after re-boot.
2021-3-6
Use props
Eusjan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 325883 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Several posts with the same problem....
2021-3-7
Use props
Bertc
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Have a DJI rep step in on this topic at the other threads yet?  Maybe a software update?
2021-3-7
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

rcpilot23 Posted at 3-6 20:48
I have connect my iphone to the goggles for every flight. Once I have connected and everthing is running I can then unplug the phone and fly without the message in the goggles but it returns in the next flight unless I connect my phone again.

I have to do the same every time
2021-3-7
Use props
Halifax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326949 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same problem here.
2021-3-7
Use props
markinter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 655331 ft
  • >>>
United States

My country code didn't update when i originally received drone several days ago. I did there's otg cable from phone side to goggle side and it fixed that issue but not bind phone issue. Goggle screen tells you to use fly app but there's no way to fix it there. Very frustrating only being able to fly drone with 100ft limit on distance.
2021-3-7
Use props
rcpilot23
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Support advised to uninstall the Fly app then reinstall and connect the goggles
FAIL
2021-3-8
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

I have THE solution for you all. I'have been sitting and puzzling for two days trying to get support from DJI technical support - which is completely f... useless. Make a new account, and activate the drone with it. Try to do it outside, where the drone has the chance to get the GPS signal. I am not sure about the last one but I am sure it did help in my case. I believe that the drone "thinks"it is still in China where this procedure is required. I hope it is of any help.
Cheers.
2021-3-8
Use props
Halifax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326949 ft
  • >>>
United States

tomekyo Posted at 3-8 12:42
I have THE solution for you all. I'have been sitting and puzzling for two days trying to get support from DJI technical support - which is completely f... useless. Make a new account, and activate the drone with it. Try to do it outside, where the drone has the chance to get the GPS signal. I am not sure about the last one but I am sure it did help in my case. I believe that the drone "thinks"it is still in China where this procedure is required. I hope it is of any help.
Cheers.

Hi Tomekyo,
Thanks. Just to be clear, what you are saying is to create a new DJI account with a new email address, and re-activate the drone with it? This can be done even though the drone has already been activated with my longstanding DJI account?
Thanks!

2021-3-8
Use props
markinter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 655331 ft
  • >>>
United States

It worked for me, thank you for the fix!
2021-3-8
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

markinter Posted at 3-8 16:42
It worked for me, thank you for the fix!

Can you then log back in under your old username and the fix still works?
2021-3-8
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Netherlands

Halifax Posted at 3-8 16:24
Hi Tomekyo,
Thanks. Just to be clear, what you are saying is to create a new DJI account with a new email address, and re-activate the drone with it? This can be done even though the drone has already been activated with my longstanding DJI account?
Thanks!

Yes, it is exactly what I did ... pure out of frustration but I enjoy flying unrestricted now ...
2021-3-9
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Netherlands

jdmagoo Posted at 3-8 19:48
Can you then log back in under your old username and the fix still works?

I wouldn't know why not. You can also sell the drone? I am not going to try it though, I enjoy flying it without 50 meters restriction too much ...
2021-3-9
Use props
hugenerd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 477690 ft
United States

Im going to wait for an update.. it is bound to come soon.
2021-3-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, I am sorry for the belated response. Please try to move the drone, controller, and goggles outdoor to receive a GPS signal then the issue should be solved.
Please let me know if the issue persists, please help to connect the drone and goggles to DJI Assistant 2 and export the logs from them for further confirmation. Thank you for your cooperation.
2021-3-13
Use props
Serrini
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32953 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is super frustrating and I cant wait to make a YT video explaining how much a piece of garbage this is ... 2500 bucks for a brick.
2021-3-16
Use props
fans85d789b7
New
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 3-13 02:02
Hi there, I am sorry for the belated response. Please try to move the drone, controller, and goggles outdoor to receive a GPS signal then the issue should be solved.
Please let me know if the issue persists, please help to connect the drone and goggles to DJI Assistant 2 and export the logs from them for further confirmation. Thank you for your cooperation.

So we have to reactivate outside? Lol wow dji
2021-3-21
Use props
fans85d789b7
New
United States

Serrini Posted at 3-16 11:40
This is super frustrating and I cant wait to make a YT video explaining how much a piece of garbage this is ... 2500 bucks for a brick.

You paid $2500?
2021-3-21
Use props
Serrini
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32953 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here was how I fixed the phone not binding. Easy and steps included: https://youtu.be/IqqwjIvVqlo
2021-3-28
Use props
djiuser_3BxtnU9JVnmD
New

United States

gbaum.paintballphotography Posted at 2021-3-6 18:42

And then what.  I have the FLY appon my phone.  I need a step by step because this is not automatically working.  Thanks in advance
2022-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules