Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can not Activate FPV to my Account
3753 18 2021-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I cannot Activate my FPV drone to my Account. I was able to update the firmware fine but when I try to activate and add to my account it errors out.

I called DJI tech service and the show the drones serial was added to my email account but the drone still displays activation needed.  I hooked it up to my DJI FPV Assistant and it shows the firmware is now current but still no activation

Can someone help resolve this problem.

Thanks Mike

2021-3-5
Use props
fans60b1a56a
lvl.1
United States

I am having the same issue. I contacted DJI they tried to have me do firmware updates to the goggles and controller. Both updates did not work from my computer and failed. I uploaded the logs and DJI told me they will offer me a replacement. They wanted to send me this drone in and once they receive it they will send out a new one within two business days. I decided to just return it to DJI and bought one from a local Best Buy. Unfortunately I am having the same issue so it must be an issue with the DJI Fly App. When I am in the app DJI FPV doesn’t even show although the patch notes says updates for DJI FOV. I have an iPhone and a Samsung Note and unfortunately was unsuccessful on both devices.
2021-3-6
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Would the DJI administrator please address this issue.

Thanks
2021-3-6
Use props
djiuser_rHRqrwXmFvkC
New

United States

I'm going to add onto this. I just received my drone today and have been troubleshooting all afternoon. The android download of the DJI fly app doesn't register the FPV v2 goggles or the drone. All that displays is the previous mavic drones and the mini. Everything is fully charged and has updated firmware through the PC app. This has been so frusturating.
2021-3-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Mike Mas. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Our apologies to read about the difficulties you're encountering. To assist you further, please upload a screenshot or video recording of the exact error that you're experiencing so we can check it. Looking forward to your response.
2021-3-6
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Where have you downloaded the app from I think you need to get it from DJI store not your phone store
2021-3-6
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Here's my problem no serial for the goggles which of course is why they won't activate.

Is this fixable without returning the whole mess to B&H?

Mike

2021-3-7
Use props
RetroMike
New

United States

Try hooking your phone to your goggles and turn on just the drone and goggles, not the remote. My fly app finally recognized the drone without the controller on.
2021-3-7
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1838077 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Same problem here.

The FLY app doesn't connect to the goggles. Instead it thinks the googles is a linux mounted filesystem.
EVerything is on latest firmware and latest FLY app from dji web.
Can't activate, no help from dji support. Have to send the drone back.

I've spent 2 days trying  to fix this, and I'm a drone app developer.

DJI, this is not good! You have to fix this.
2021-3-7
Use props
FrootWhoopz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 253832 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wow so glitchy, I had similar issues then it finally worked via goggles to iPhone, Only had one last thing to check, to see if it works with the air unit on my 5" quad, yes it connected but then when I went back to the FPV drone mode (or whatever its called) I got "Transmission Signal Lost" and now there no connection to the RC or the Drone no matter what I do.
2021-3-7
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the replies- tell me if your goggles show a serial number for the goggles when you go to the About

Thanks
2021-3-7
Use props
dcchen85
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1691722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just wanted to add a bit about my experience.
I had trouble activating my DJI FPV as well when I first received it. After few hours, I decided to plug the USB type A to phone cable that I am using to my PC and found out that the cable isn't transmitting data, only power. I took another USB type A cable and plug it into the goggle and the phone, and activation message popped up.

P.S. I tried a USB type C cable to phone without using the included type C to type A converter during the first few hours, and it did not work (The cable does transmit data when I tested out on PC). So, I'll suggest using the included converter with a USB type A to phone cable.
2021-3-8
Use props
WayneMann
lvl.4
United States

Ok, I finally got it to work.  After trying every thing under the sun I decided to try my wife's note 10 charging cable.  It is a USB C to USB C cable.  I took DJI's adaptor dongle out of the loop and it connected and activated like it was nothing.  The only thing I had powered up was the goggles.  The app was running and the goggles were power up.  I just plugged up the new cord and bingo.  As soon as it connected I powered up the drone and the controller and then went through the activation process.
Edit:  I had already updated to the new firmware.Edit:  This is not a factory Samsung OEM cable.  It is an aftermarket gray cable that she picked up somewhere.

Hopefully this helps some other people.  I have about 18 hours invested in the BS.

Wayne Mann

2021-3-9
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Hey is this the "Wayne Mann"!

How the hell you doing man, long time no see - I could not get the personal message to work.
Anyhow, I guess I'll make sure it you before I go on.
By the way does anyone else have all zero's for a goggle serial number like me.

Mike Mas

serial.jpeg
2021-3-10
Use props
fansd8a41101
New
Flight distance : 21093 ft
Norway

Mike Mas Posted at 3-10 05:48
Hey is this the "Wayne Mann"!

How the hell you doing man, long time no see - I could not get the personal message to work.

Hello!

I have exactly the same issue. My goggles has also no serial number....
2021-4-5
Use props
djiuser_Jx8lw87QtbE9
New

United States

Same. 3rd drone, 3rd attempt serials not there. Attempted update on 6 computers all with different wires. Returned and also informed buyers as well as Amazon and BH it is a faulty product that needs to be removed from all storefronts. Also emailed these forums to 3 consumer rights podcasts with about 4 million total viewers combined.
At the very least it needs to get out there.
2021-4-5
Use props
djiuser_RAu2MW9vNUqm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19970 ft

United States

I am having the same issue. This has been extremely frustrating
2021-4-15
Use props
fansc69ae81b
lvl.1

Germany

Try to use this source https://grizzlysms.com/docs, you'll be able to activate your account pretty easily. I hope you'll find it helpful.
2022-7-11
Use props
cootertwo
lvl.4
United States

WoW! Soooo many glitches and problems. I have 2 FPV units, and 3 sets of goggles. ALL activated and working perfect. I don't know what version I'm on, and ain't about to plug either unit into anything, as they are working fine. If it works, don't fix it. Now I have another FPV kit, still sealed in it's box that I bought for $999 just for kicks. Imagine what might take place IF/WHEN I try to activate it sometime in the future ????? Should be interesting. BTW, I bought a third set of goggles, to use for analog, but have not converted it yet.
2022-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules