10182 79 2021-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eddie.eddie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65105 ft
  • >>>
United States

Got my FPV today and was super stoked to fly it but was locked out to only a 50' radius. There's a message that says "aircraft not bound to phone number" in the lower right of the goggle display as being the causee. It was mentioned that this is supposed to be set in the DJI FLY app, but I've looked and looked and cannoit find a place for a phone number anywhere. Also, How. come the Fly app doesn't have DJI FPV doesn't list as one of the models to connect to? Thanks.
2021-3-5
Use props
rcpilot23
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

Same issue with mine. I have connect the phone and run the fly app each flight.
2021-3-6
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you updated the fly app if on Android you have to go to the DJI app store
2021-3-6
Use props
rcpilot23
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

yes using an iphone 11
The activation was successful and I have flown the drone with the goggles today
but the same message shows in the goggles unless I connect my iphone and run the fly app again
2021-3-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, eddie.eddie. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. We'd like to know more about the issue you're encountering. Please make sure that you're running the latest version of the DJI Fly. If you're running an Android device, please download the latest version of the DJI Fly here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

If you're already using the latest version of the DJI Fly, you can either clear the cache memory of the DJI Fly or uninstall then reinstall it before logging in to your DJI account.

Should the same problem persists, kindly upload a screenshot of the warning or error you're encountering so we can check it further. Looking forward to your response.
2021-3-6
Use props
fans0ba40108
lvl.1
France

Hi, i have the same problem. Sorry the text it on french on the picture.
20210306_175338.jpg
2021-3-7
Use props
Eusjan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 325883 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have the same problem, see my post.
2021-3-7
Use props
Eusjan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 325883 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I got 1 step further, DJI Fly app, connect the goggles with cable, switch on the drone, in the app go to profile-click on your account name-adjust your region manually, that saved for me that I don't have to keep my phone connected, but only after restarting my drone.
Also I noticed that when I tried to reload my firmware via the MAC, it sees the drone and connect and downloads but I can't transmit the firmware to the drone, it gives a time out, same as with downloading the flight records.
2021-3-7
Use props
eddie.eddie
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-6 23:06
Hi, eddie.eddie. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. We'd like to know more about the issue you're encountering. Please make sure that you're running the latest version of the DJI Fly. If you're running an Android device, please download the latest version of the DJI Fly here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

If you're already using the latest version of the DJI Fly, you can either clear the cache memory of the DJI Fly or uninstall then reinstall it before logging in to your DJI account.

Of course I did all the obvious stuff.  iPhone 11.

Message goes away if I connect my phone to the goggles and I'm running the Fly app. As soon as I power cycle the drone, the message and flight limit comes back if my phone is not physically connected.
2021-3-7
Use props
fans0ba40108
lvl.1
France

no one has the answer?  it's still incredible this bug
2021-3-7
Use props
rcpilot23
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

yep I have been in contact with DJI support on facebook and they are looking into it.
hmm
2021-3-7
Use props
fans8b9b4ffb
New

Norway

I have the same problem, when the googles are connected to a running DJI fly App the distance are ok, but when I disconnect the phone the limit is 50m.
Had the same issue with Mavic Air2, but this drone could I bind to my DJI account in the app.

2021-3-7
Use props
markinter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 655331 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very frustrating uninstalling 5 times switching otg cable, clearing cache, resetting goggles, enabling fly app access to phone etc. Had drone several days and only fly 50ft away and if I did decide I wanted Dji care and refresh it's too late since I've had no way to test drone. I tried a different phone on approved list and same thing.
2021-3-7
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1478842 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have the same issue, just did a firmware reset and still the same problem
2021-3-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

eddie.eddie Posted at 3-7 01:39

Message goes away if I connect my phone to the goggles and I'm running the Fly app. As soon as I power cycle the drone, the message and flight limit comes back if my phone is not physically connected.

Thanks for your prompt response. We'll have this concern forwarded to our team for further checking. Should there be any update, we'll have you notified immediately.
2021-3-7
Use props
rcpilot23
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

LOL DJI support advised me to uninstall the fly app then reinstall and connect the goggles.
FAIL
WTF
They must be able to set the drone to reactivate either by remoting into the drone via a pc or with a firmware.
2021-3-8
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

rcpilot23 Posted at 3-8 00:51
LOL DJI support advised me to uninstall the fly app then reinstall and connect the goggles.
FAIL
WTF

Ive tried everything including:
- logging out of fly app
- clearing the cache
- deleting the fly app
- re-installing then clearing the cache a second time
- logging back in
- Still no luck!!

Ive also conducted a firmware reset on craft, goggles, and remote then repeating all steps above with no luck!!

Grrr,.....
2021-3-8
Use props
Jimbetto
lvl.1

Italy

Same problem here ! I need to fly with my iphone connected... doesn't work even if I connect my Samsung S20 :-/ Waiting for a fix....
2021-3-8
Use props
thewoozie.aol
lvl.1

United States

Same issue with my DJI FPV.... aircraft not bound to phone number message unless I connect my phone with DJI FLY running after every power cycle of the aircraft.  Then the message goes away, and I can disconnect the phone from the goggles, and fly normally, until a new battery or I power cycle the drone.  Then I have to repeat the procedure to go fly normally.  And yes, I have tried everything....  reloading firmware, reloading DJI FLY, Re-binding everything, Clearing cache, Restarting DJI FLY.  Even tried to log in to DJI FLY using my phone number, but that only gave me an error that my email wasn't valid even though it asks for email OR a phone number.  Frustrating, and I'm on the edge of sending everything back to DJI for a refund.  In fact I will be deciding today. This is not as advertised.
2021-3-8
Use props
Censurion
lvl.2
Flight distance : 448192 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

thewoozie.aol Posted at 3-8 06:55
Same issue with my DJI FPV.... aircraft not bound to phone number message unless I connect my phone with DJI FLY running after every power cycle of the aircraft.  Then the message goes away, and I can disconnect the phone from the goggles, and fly normally, until a new battery or I power cycle the drone.  Then I have to repeat the procedure to go fly normally.  And yes, I have tried everything....  reloading firmware, reloading DJI FLY, Re-binding everything, Clearing cache, Restarting DJI FLY.  Even tried to log in to DJI FLY using my phone number, but that only gave me an error that my email wasn't valid even though it asks for email OR a phone number.  Frustrating, and I'm on the edge of sending everything back to DJI for a refund.  In fact I will be deciding today. This is not as advertised.

New products always have "startup problems" Think DJI will fix this shortly.  I have the problem also but why send everythink back? You have to know by now that every new product has always some issues. That is the reason that in the beginning you shall see a lot of firmware updates to fix them.
2021-3-8
Use props
fans0ba40108
lvl.1
France

while waiting for a Fix, I plug my iPhone 11 into otg, I open dji fly and the message is removed, and I unplug the smartphone and it's OK.  to do with each battery change
Don't work with Android....
2021-3-8
Use props
eddie.eddie
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-7 23:43
Thanks for your prompt response. We'll have this concern forwarded to our team for further checking. Should there be any update, we'll have you notified immediately.

Thanks.  I'll keep an eye out for the eventual firmware update for this.
2021-3-8
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

I have THE solution for you all. I'have been sitting and puzzling for two days trying to get support from DJI technical support - which is completely f... useless. Make a new account, and activate the drone with it. Try to do it outside, where the drone has the chance to get the GPS signal. I am not sure about the last one but I am sure it did help in my case. I believe that the drone "thinks"it is still in China where this procedure is required. I hope it is of any help.
Cheers.
2021-3-8
Use props
fans0ba40108
lvl.1
France

Thanks, but no possible for me because i activated care refresh with my account !
2021-3-8
Use props
QuadcopterGuide
Second Officer
Flight distance : 828904 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Gamora, same issue here. iOS latest DJI Fly App. iphone 12 Pro Max. Retail DJI FPV Drone Combo.
2021-3-9
Use props
craivold
New
United Kingdom

Just for anyone else having this issue. Spent all afternoon trying to get my new DJI FPV up in the air with no joy. After a few tries of different things that didn't work including uninstalling/re-installing, switching phones etc.... the support guy suggested reversing the OTG cable that connects the phone to the goggles. Literally flipping the connectors around. This got me straight in to updating firmware. Battery is completely toast in the goggles now and needs re-charging but I think I might be able to fly it soon after an afternoon of messing about. Hope this helps someone else in this situe!
2021-3-9
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

craivold Posted at 3-9 09:39
Just for anyone else having this issue. Spent all afternoon trying to get my new DJI FPV up in the air with no joy. After a few tries of different things that didn't work including uninstalling/re-installing, switching phones etc.... the support guy suggested reversing the OTG cable that connects the phone to the goggles. Literally flipping the connectors around. This got me straight in to updating firmware. Battery is completely toast in the goggles now and needs re-charging but I think I might be able to fly it soon after an afternoon of messing about. Hope this helps someone else in this situe!

I'll put it here so you can easily find it:

I have THE solution for you all. I'have been sitting and puzzling for two days trying to get support from DJI technical support - which is completely f... useless. Make a new account, and activate the drone with it. Try to do it outside, where the drone has the chance to get the GPS signal. I am not sure about the last one but I am sure it did help in my case. I believe that the drone "thinks"it is still in China where this procedure is required. I hope it is of any help.
Cheers.
2021-3-9
Use props
craivold
New
United Kingdom

Saw your comment on another thread Tomekyo. I was not keen on setting up a new account but would have tried it eventually because of your success with it. Luckily simply swapping which way round the OTG cable that goes from the goggles to my phone worked for me.
2021-3-9
Use props
eddie.eddie
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

craivold Posted at 3-9 10:28
Saw your comment on another thread Tomekyo. I was not keen on setting up a new account but would have tried it eventually because of your success with it. Luckily simply swapping which way round the OTG cable that goes from the goggles to my phone worked for me.

Assuming you must be on Android. Reversing the the cable with an iPhone is not possible as the business end of the cable going into an iphone is a lightning connector, not USB-C.
2021-3-9
Use props
fansf00d7a18
lvl.1

Czechia

Petr

Hello everyone,

does anyone already have a solution to this problem? I have the same, I'm frustrated. The drone is new, it only has one flight. I have paid DJI Care, registered to my email. The drone is activated, a new FW is loaded. DJI fly has been newly installed, the cache has been cleared. I have a Huawei P40 Pro. When I connect my phone to Google, the binding message flashes but doesn't disappear completely. And I can fly a drone up to a maximum distance of 50m

In the DJI Fly application, the drone cannot be bound in any way, even when the phone is connected to the glasses and everything is switched on.
2021-3-9
Use props
fansf00d7a18
lvl.1

Czechia

At the end of the video....
2021-3-9
Use props
eddie.eddie
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fansf00d7a18 Posted at 3-9 14:48
Hello everyone,

does anyone already have a solution to this problem? I have the same, I'm frustrated. The drone is new, it only has one flight. I have paid DJI Care, registered to my email. The drone is activated, a new FW is loaded. DJI fly has been newly installed, the cache has been cleared. I have a Huawei P40 Pro. When I connect my phone to Google, the binding message flashes but doesn't disappear completely. And I can fly a drone up to a maximum distance of 50m

Welcome to the club!  The workaround that works for me is this:

- Power on controller
- Power on drone
- Launch DJI Fly app
- Connect iPhone to Goggles via USB-C port
- Power on Goggles

It's annoying but at least I can fly this way until DJI releases a fix.
2021-3-9
Use props
Halifax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326949 ft
  • >>>
United States

It sure would be nice to see DJI acknowledge this problem so that we know a firmware update will fix it.
2021-3-9
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

The fix that worked for me is this:
- log out of fly app
- clear the cache
- log back in using a new account
- clear cache.
- plug your phone into the goggles using the OTG Cable
- ensure the drone is outside for good gps reception
- power everything on
- wait for a good satellite lock
Power everything off
- unplug your phone
- log out of the fly app
- clear the cache
- log back in using your original account
- then plug the cable back into the googles
- turn everything back on
- wait for a good fix
- turn everything off
- unplug the cable
- turn everything back on to confirm the fix

So far this has fixed the issue for me
2021-3-9
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Having to do all that is mental once again DJI releases a drone without proper testing
2021-3-9
Use props
Halifax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326949 ft
  • >>>
United States

jdmagoo Posted at 3-9 23:04
- log out of fly app
- clear the cache

OK, the combined tomekyo + jdmagoo solution worked for me this morning. Thanks, Friends!
2021-3-10
Use props
WayneMann
lvl.4
United States

Well I just tried jdmagoo's fix and so far it is working.  Thanks for that.

Wayne Mann
2021-3-10
Use props
djiuser_fIwX48J4Bjzr
New
Flight distance : 55295 ft
United States

fans8b9b4ffb Posted at 3-7 06:14
I have the same problem, when the googles are connected to a running DJI fly App the distance are ok, but when I disconnect the phone the limit is 50m.
Had the same issue with Mavic Air2, but this drone could I bind to my DJI account in the app.

For all beginners, you need to delete the download cache to fly without that message, "flight restricted, please bind your phone number "
2021-3-10
Use props
fansf00d7a18
lvl.1

Czechia

jdmagoo Posted at 3-9 23:04
- log out of fly app
- clear the cache

Hi All, Great..... I tried the procedure according to jdmagoo. It works great !!!

Thanks All
2021-3-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

eddie.eddie Posted at 3-7 01:39

Our apologies and we're still checking the cause of the mentioned issue. Please help us by extracting and uploading the Log folder from the DJI Fly. To do that, please connect your mobile device to a computer and locate the DJI Fly Folder. Kindly upload it either on DropBox or GoogleDrive.

Kindly send us also the following information via DM.
1. DJI FPV Serial Number
2. Screenshot of the About Page (should include the DJI Fly version and the DJI FPV Firmware version)
3. DJI Account
4. Location wherein you're flying the DJI FPV

Thank you for your cooperation and looking forward to your response.
2021-3-11
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules