Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eddie.eddie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65105 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-11 00:17
Our apologies and we're still checking the cause of the mentioned issue. Please help us by extracting and uploading the Log folder from the DJI Fly. To do that, please connect your mobile device to a computer and locate the DJI Fly Folder. Kindly upload it either on DropBox or GoogleDrive.

Kindly send us also the following information via DM.

No thanks, I don't work for you.
2021-3-11
Use props
Antti1982
lvl.1

Finland

I deleted fly app, reinstalled it from dji.com /downloads. Then i deleted cache in android system and restarted. It started to work, updated all and phone binded!
2021-3-11
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

Our apologies and we're still checking the cause of the mentioned issue. Please help us by extracting and uploading the Log folder from the DJI Fly. To do that, please connect your mobile device to a computer and locate the DJI Fly Folder. Kindly upload it either on DropBox or GoogleDrive.

I have done this more than a week ago, no response from your collogues. It is really pathetic you let this happen. Honestly ...
2021-3-11
Use props
Halifax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326949 ft
  • >>>
United States

tomekyo Posted at 3-11 03:39
I have don this more than a week ago, no response from your collogues. It is really pathetic you let this happen. Honestly ...

Tomekyo, thanks for the interim fix!
2021-3-11
Use props
Halifax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326949 ft
  • >>>
United States

Our apologies and we're still checking the cause of the mentioned issue. Please help us by extracting and uploading the Log folder from the DJI Fly. To do that, please connect your mobile device to a computer and locate the DJI Fly Folder. Kindly upload it either on DropBox or GoogleDrive.

Thanks for working on this fix.
2021-3-11
Use props
MindRIderFPV
lvl.2

United States

thewoozie.aol Posted at 3-8 06:55
Same issue with my DJI FPV.... aircraft not bound to phone number message unless I connect my phone with DJI FLY running after every power cycle of the aircraft.  Then the message goes away, and I can disconnect the phone from the goggles, and fly normally, until a new battery or I power cycle the drone.  Then I have to repeat the procedure to go fly normally.  And yes, I have tried everything....  reloading firmware, reloading DJI FLY, Re-binding everything, Clearing cache, Restarting DJI FLY.  Even tried to log in to DJI FLY using my phone number, but that only gave me an error that my email wasn't valid even though it asks for email OR a phone number.  Frustrating, and I'm on the edge of sending everything back to DJI for a refund.  In fact I will be deciding today. This is not as advertised.

But why one needs to connect the phone in the first place?
2021-3-11
Use props
eddie.eddie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65105 ft
  • >>>
United States

MindRIderFPV Posted at 3-11 11:37
But why one needs to connect the phone in the first place?

Surveillance culture.
2021-3-11
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Netherlands

MindRIderFPV Posted at 3-11 11:37
But why one needs to connect the phone in the first place?

it is obviously a bug. Only if you live in mainland China you are obligated to register the number. The rest of the world doesn't. Unless you drone somehow "thinks" it is in China, which I believe is the problem here. Read my solution to the problem for more info.
2021-3-11
Use props
fansb1725159
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19560 ft
United States

For Android i can confirm i solved this by deleting the FLY app cache, deleting the app and reinstalling from dji.com.  then fire everything up OUTSIDE, wait till you have a strong sat hookup, then start the FLYApp and login with a new dummy account first, then log out and back in with your default account.. problem solved.  

I also confirm that the drone defaults to China when no GPS is found. So if you first power it up inside it thinks you are in China and requires a phone number to be bound.
"ps i am ticked its not showing my Mavic Air 2 under my name"
2021-3-13
Use props
fans5f499ffc
lvl.1
South Korea

markinter Posted at 3-7 23:21
Very frustrating uninstalling 5 times switching otg cable, clearing cache, resetting goggles, enabling fly app access to phone etc. Had drone several days and only fly 50ft away and if I did decide I wanted Dji care and refresh it's too late since I've had no way to test drone. I tried a different phone on approved list and same thing.

Same to me...
2021-3-16
Use props
Serrini
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32953 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is super frustrating and I cant wait to make a YT video explaining how much a piece of garbage this is ... 2500 bucks for a brick.
2021-3-16
Use props
fans5f499ffc
lvl.1
South Korea

jdmagoo Posted at 3-9 23:04
The fix that worked for me is this:
- log out of fly app
- clear the cache

Thank you very much!!! It works. You are the man!!
2021-3-17
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Still no firmware from DJI yet to resolve this issue
2021-3-17
Use props
fans17f88cbd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 467831 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I am using iPhone 11, latest fly app downloaded today and have the same problem. If I just start the goggle and the FPV drone, it is limited to 50 meters distance saying not connected to phone number. If I connect goggle to phone then it is OK, but it will repeat the problem the next time I start. The drone doesn’t remember that it was connected to a phone number and needs to connect to my phone each time.
2021-3-17
Use props
fans17f88cbd
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Someone reported that deleting the app, getting drone to get position lock outside (green flashes) outside before reinstalling fly app will make it work. I have iOS11 in Canada and the goggle display tells me that my drone is not bound to phone number and is restricted every time I start. If I connect the cable to the phone and start the DJI fly app then it works, I can then unplug my phone and it stays good. It is annoying to have to get the extra cable to plug my phone in. The drone doesn't seem to remember it is associated with my account already and needs to "phone home" every time it powers up to check. What's am I doing wrong?
2021-3-17
Use props
snowstorm
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

- log out of fly app
- clear the cache
Does that procedure work only once and has to be repeated every flight? Or once you do it, you don’t have to connect your phone again? How do you clear the cache? Did you do that on Android or iOS?

Is it the new account that did the trick? So I have to create a new (throwaway) account for this work? Link the drone to the new account and then back to the old one? Do I have to do this all outside with a good GPS signal?
2021-3-17
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1478842 ft
  • >>>
Australia

snowstorm Posted at 3-17 21:32
Does that procedure work only once and has to be repeated every flight? Or once you do it, you don’t have to connect your phone again? How do you clear the cache? Did you do that on Android or iOS?

Is it the new account that did the trick? So I have to create a new (throwaway) account for this work? Link the drone to the new account and then back to the old one? Do I have to do this all outside with a good GPS signal?

its still working for me
2021-3-18
Use props
fans4d2d0fec
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1898104 ft
Germany

- log out of fly app
- clear the cache

Had the same mobile number issue.
Thanks to jdmagoo for that fix !!
Now, everything is fine..

Sad, that DJI still released to fix for that issue
2021-3-18
Use props
djiuser_agz1h7HnoSYw
New
United States

In desperate need of help guys! I’ve watched every YouTube video, uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI app hundreds of times, I don’t know what else to do. Just got the DJI fpv yesterday and tried activating it using my iOS 12 pro. Well, 10 hours later and I want to break this thing before I even get my first flight. I tried switching the otg cable as well as my other cords (went out and bought new ones), I’ve tried powering everything on in sequence, no luck. I’m so lost!
2021-3-18
Use props
snowstorm
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

I have the SOLUTION

From DJI support, followed it (iOS) and it worked. No longer have to connect phone ever again!!!

A few notes:
- To log out of DJI fly app, go to profile->settings
- Clear the cache means the DJI fly app cache, can be found in profile->settings
- Log in a new account means create a new account that is just throwaway for now
- Power everything on means drone, goggle, controller

- log out of fly app
- clear the cache
- log back in using a new account
- clear the cache
- plug your phone into the goggles using the OTG Cable
- ensure the drone is outside for good gps reception
- power everything on
- wait for a good satellite lock
Power everything off
- unplug your phone
- log out of the fly app
- clear the cache
- log back in using your original account
- then plug the cable back into the googles
- turn everything back on
- wait for a good fix
- turn everything off
- unplug the cable
- turn everything back on to confirm the fix
2021-3-18
Use props
djiuser_p7tyFogWkr9b
lvl.1

United States

Glad I found this thread. I was having the same issue and DJI support told me I should send for a replacement. They sent me the return labels but I thought that was a little crazy, it had to be a software/firmware issue, not a hardware issue. Then I found this thread and I followed the steps of using a new account and it's working now. Hopefully, it continues to work until they fix this. Thanks, everyone. I'm glad there is such a great DJI community or they would probably fail.
2021-3-18
Use props
DroneJanne
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2299790 ft
Sweden

Same problem. So frustrating. For 2 days I have tried to fix this. WHY must the Phone be binded?? Worst drone I ever got. pice of Sh*t
2021-3-19
Use props
Torvic
lvl.1
United Kingdom

YES !!! At last ! This fix worked with my Android phone. I can now fly unrestricted. Many thanks to snowstorm for posting a very easy to follow guide. I only wish DJI support could have told me that in the first place.
2021-3-19
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Netherlands

DroneJanne Posted at 3-19 08:44
Same problem. So frustrating. For 2 days I have tried to fix this. WHY must the Phone be binded?? Worst drone I ever got. pice of Sh*t

it is obviously a bug. Only if you live in mainland China you are obligated to register the number. The rest of the world doesn't. Unless you drone somehow "thinks" it is in China, which I believe is the problem here. Read my solution to the problem for more info.
2021-3-19
Use props
rcpilot23
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

Simply create a new DJI user account and login to the fly app with it and mine is fixed !
2021-3-20
Use props
Jdpg2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19560 ft
United States

The "Trick" is when you first activate it you MUST be outside with Satellites connected.  The default location is China where a phone number is required.  I believe that initial location is cached to your account if your drone doesn't have satellite lock.  If you clear the cache for the app , log in with a new account and then log in with your normal account it should clear the issue.  This is definitely a bug with the DJI firmware that needs to be fixed
2021-3-20
Use props
laszlo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48688 ft
  • >>>
United States

Delete.............
2021-3-20
Use props
laszlo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48688 ft
  • >>>
United States

snowstorm Posted at 3-18 13:48
I have the SOLUTION

From DJI support, followed it (iOS) and it worked. No longer have to connect phone ever again!!!

That worked for me......at least for now

Thanks for the info
2021-3-20
Use props
Serrini
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32953 ft
  • >>>
United States

SOLVED for me ... lots of clearing cache and logging in/logging out ... video and instructions here: https://youtu.be/IqqwjIvVqlo
2021-3-20
Use props
Jeffames226
lvl.2
United States

SO GLAD I SAW THIS POST!!!   Was about to pull the trigger and buy this but I can see DJI is STILL up to their BS "BUGS" and "BIG BROTHER" flight limiting tactics that they have been at since the beginning.  Only way I got around this with my Phantom 4 was by hacking it.  I will spend my money elsewhere rather than support these COMMUNIST POS!
2021-3-21
Use props
epicxmo
New

United States

I have the same issue and it will not let me fly my drone waste of thousand $1200 like wtf I want my money back!
2021-4-3
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

So, before I deleted my FLY app, I sat my drone outside and let it get satellites. Came inside, and connected goggles to phone via dongle. Had to mess around, to get past whatever it is.... to the DGI screen, it wanted me to log in, I did. It showed my address !!!! shut everything off, and back on again, and presto, no limits......
2021-4-7
Use props
fans7c527680
New

Kuwait

I’m having the same issue. I have to connect to the app every time I fly the drone.

Is this a glitch that will be fixed soon?
2021-4-9
Use props
jtpo
lvl.1
United States

I have an iPhone 11 and have the exact same issue...UNTIL I connected my iPhone directly to the Goggles instead of the remote, and then the Go Fly app prompted me to install new firmware. That took about 25 minutes but it seemed to do the trick. For reference, I've tried all the fixes on Youtube and on here, including clearing my cache on the app a ton of different times, deleting and reinstalling, re-syncing goggles to the drone, etc, and nothing worked until I plugged the phone into the goggles. It was extremely annoying, I spent a ton of money on this and havent been able to fly it for 3 weeks....I hope DJI can figure this out in the future.
2021-4-24
Use props
jamescole
lvl.2

Mexico

Hello Guys,

Has an update been pushed to solve this?

Thanks
JC
2021-5-10
Use props
jamescole
lvl.2

Mexico

No updates??? Wtf DJI!!!
2021-9-25
Use props
JohnHoltt
New

United Kingdom

This is the most common issue with cell-based tracking. If you’ve never had service on the aircraft, or if it has been deactivated, you will not be able to track the plane.
2021-9-28
Use props
Kewalaman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136112 ft
United States

SO WHO HAS THE DAMN ANSWER? I HAVE TWO FRIENDS WITH FPV DRONES THEY CAN NOT FLY BECAUSE OF THIS BS
2023-5-13
Use props
mark72
lvl.1

Italy

I spent the full afternoon with a support guy and many emails afterwards without any idea or light of resolution. i was asked for serials, installed/unistall dji app etc. they asked also to connect motion controller to dji app

luckily we have this graet forum,
2023-6-8
Use props
djiuser_ze9ReZjXPiyM
lvl.1
Indonesia

fansf00d7a18 Posted at 2021-3-9 14:48
Hello everyone,

does anyone already have a solution to this problem? I have the same, I'm frustrated. The drone is new, it only has one flight. I have paid DJI Care, registered to my email. The drone is activated, a new FW is loaded. DJI fly has been newly installed, the cache has been cleared. I have a Huawei P40 Pro. When I connect my phone to Google, the binding message flashes but doesn't disappear completely. And I can fly a drone up to a maximum distance of 50m

Its solved yet? I have exactly the same issue with yours, please advice me, just buy this sh***y drone yesterday, and can only fly within 30-50 radius
2023-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules