6811 15 2021-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I know that DJI have always over egged the flight time of their drones a little but it would seen they have done it rather too much with this one

It would seem that even a modest flyer will only get 7-8 minutes before return to home is initiated

That is a deal breaker for me especially as you only get one battery and more batteries are £130

And it sounds horrible in the air
2021-3-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The review I saw earlier was 8 minutes but he was zipping around at 60 mph,  the spec is 20 minutes at a gentle 40mph.  I will be interesting to see if thats realistic.
2021-3-6
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-6 01:30
The review I saw earlier was 8 minutes but he was zipping around at 60 mph,  the spec is 20 minutes at a gentle 40mph.  I will be interesting to see if thats realistic.

That may indeed be the spec but it is how people hype numbers. Simply put the battery time is not long enough if you want to use it for what most people will buy it for
2021-3-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 3-6 01:46
That may indeed be the spec but it is how people hype numbers. Simply put the battery time is not long enough if you want to use it for what most people will buy it for

I agree,  but its still better than most fpv drones.
2021-3-6
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-6 01:56
I agree,  but its still better than most fpv drones.

Yes but at £1250 with one battery wayyyyyyy toooooo much
2021-3-6
Use props
MickeKling
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3144075 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I manage to fly 12 minuten on my first flight, and I landed with aprox. 2,5 min battery left.
25% normal mode and 75% sports mode, no manual mode and the temperatue was around 2°C.
2021-3-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 3-6 01:58
Yes but at £1250 with one battery wayyyyyyy toooooo much

Its not really much more than you would pay for another FPV drone once you factor in a cadet vista and goggles.
2021-3-6
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-6 02:03
Its not really much more than you would pay for another FPV drone once you factor in a cadet vista and goggles.

But you will deffo end up smashing this one and the cost and time delay will be huge. Not tru of other FPV.

I think DJI has entered an area they don't understand just to get peoples cash. On this occasion they ain't getting mine and they usually do
2021-3-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 3-6 02:27
But you will deffo end up smashing this one and the cost and time delay will be huge. Not tru of other FPV.

I think DJI has entered an area they don't understand just to get peoples cash. On this occasion they ain't getting mine and they usually do

I noticed on the learn more webpage it shows its easily repaired and modular but so far Ive not seen any parts for sale.
2021-3-6
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-6 02:39
I noticed on the learn more webpage it shows its easily repaired and modular but so far Ive not seen any parts for sale.

I think that is perhaps another 'lie' I have read that arms etc will not be available. I think most crashes will sadly result in a lot of cost to repair
2021-3-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 3-6 02:44
I think that is perhaps another 'lie' I have read that arms etc will not be available. I think most crashes will sadly result in a lot of cost to repair

Ive seen mixed crash results,  one crash into a concrete post and all was good but another into a tree and the arms broke,  its not really clear how fast either crash occurred at but in manual mode I know I would crash this so the care refresh seems to be a must for a novice like me.  I'll stick to the simulator for a bit.
2021-3-6
Use props
joeztan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5660620 ft
  • >>>
Australia

For those who have never owned a normal FPV drone, the battery usually last 3-5 minutes. I just got back from doing some filming and averaged around 4 mins of my 5" 6S drone with a GoPro.
The DJI FPV drone gets around 7-12 minutes at a good running pace - that would be amazing for those of us using traditional FPV drones. 20 mins is quoted for 40kph flight in zero wind.

Personally I bought two Fly More packs (five batteries in total) for the DJI drone. My classic drones and goggle batteries are around 25 batteries in total.

2021-3-6
Use props
dronie1965
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I flew in sportsmode , full throttle often , each time 14
Minutes. After around that time you need a break anyway for watching through goggles. So for me those minutes are more than sufficient
2021-3-6
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dronie1965 Posted at 3-6 04:33
I flew in sportsmode , full throttle often , each time 14
Minutes. After around that time you need a break anyway for watching through goggles. So for me those minutes are more than sufficient

That is interesting was sport mode fast enough for you ?
2021-3-6
Use props
dronie1965
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bigplumbs Posted at 3-6 04:54
That is interesting was sport mode fast enough for you ?

Yes for me enough, around 100-120
Km’s .
2021-3-6
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

12 mins is about my average flying in Sport mode, full M mode I have not experimented with, either way its more than the 6 mins I get with my 5" home brew!
2021-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules