A2 setup issue - missing s/n in Setup Assistant
1306 3 2015-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
garrett73
New

Australia

Hi Folks,

Hoping you can help me here.  I'm setting up  a new S900 + A2 controller. When I try and connect the v1.8 Software Assistant for Mac (from a MacBook Air) to the A2 with a cable via the port on the B/T unit, the light on the B/T unit flashes a couple of times but the Software Assistant isn't linking up.

When I check the info page, the 32 digit s/n number isn't populating.

To make sure the cable isn't the problem, I used the same cable to connect the Naza M Assistant on the same macbook to a TBS Disco running a Naza V2.  The Naza Software Assistant connects to the Naza v2 just fine.

Any idea why the s/n wouldn't populate from the A2 controller into the A2 Software Assistant and, if so, how on earth I get this sorted out?

I've lodged a ticket with DJI Support but really hope someone here can help.

Regards,
Garrett
2015-7-11
Use props
knarfboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I am not shure, may try this:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 14&fromuid=5633
2015-7-12
Use props
garrett73
New

Australia

Sounds like a similar problem but not quite the same.  On your screen-shots, I can see green/blue in the bottom right corner whereas mine doesn't even give me that.

If I don't hear back from either DJI support or the dealer, I'll give this a go.

Thanks,
Garrett
2015-7-12
Use props
garrett73
New

Australia

Okay - got to the bottom of my issue...user error.  The cable between the PMU and A2 had been a bit tight so I'd pulled the plugs to move the A2 to one side a whisker.  In plugging everything back together, I got the cables to can1 and can2 the wrong way around.

As soon as I swapped them, it came to life and I was able to start working on the config process.

Silly me...but happy to have it working.

Garrett
2015-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules