Power Goggles V2 with a common power bank?
12Next >
33356 49 2021-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Can you use a common power bank to power the Goggles V2?The official battery is sold out and I think it depleads quickly (in the simulator) and loads slowly.

Output is 9V Max 1.5 A

The first powerbank I looked at at Amazon says:

PD Typ-C-Output: 5 V / 3 A, 9 V / 2 A, 12 V / 1,5 A (MAX)
USB 2.1A Output: 5V / 2.1A
USB-QC-Output: 5 V / 3 A, 9 V / 2 A, 12 V / 1,5 A (MAX)
2021-3-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Depp, Thanks for reaching out and posting your inquiry. The standard XT60 power cable supports charging with third-party batteries. The voltage input range is 11.1-25.2 V. The USB-C cable can only be used with the battery of the goggles. Power banks or other third-party charging devices are not supported.
2021-3-6
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-6 05:57
Hi, Depp, Thanks for reaching out and posting your inquiry. The standard XT60 power cable supports charging with third-party batteries. The voltage input range is 11.1-25.2 V. The USB-C cable can only be used with the battery of the goggles. Power banks or other third-party charging devices are not supported.

That's a shame.
Thanks anyway.
2021-3-6
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You are better off using a standard LiPo pack with an XT60 connector, they last longer and charge faster, the DJI pack takes 2.5 hours to charge. Although its only relevant if you already have standard LiPos already and a way to charge them!
2021-3-6
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

Buzzyone Posted at 3-6 12:29
You are better off using a standard LiPo pack with an XT60 connector, they last longer and charge faster, the DJI pack takes 2.5 hours to charge. Although its only relevant if you already have standard LiPos already and a way to charge them!

Thanks. Maybe later when/if the drone leads me into the "real" fpv world...
2021-3-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Depp Posted at 3-6 06:01
That's a shame.
Thanks anyway.

Thank you for your kind understanding. Should you have further concerns, please let us know.
2021-3-7
Use props
djiuser_ZTvk4kkHt3sa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-6 05:57
Hi, Depp, Thanks for reaching out and posting your inquiry. The standard XT60 power cable supports charging with third-party batteries. The voltage input range is 11.1-25.2 V. The USB-C cable can only be used with the battery of the goggles. Power banks or other third-party charging devices are not supported.

DJI Gamora, you said "The standard XT60 power cable supports charging with third-party batteries. The voltage input range is 11.1-25.2 V."

If I buy that cable, can I run the goggles from the Intelligent Flight Battery?
2021-3-11
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

apparently the USB - C on the goggle battery plug neither the goggle have the electronics to do power negotiation while plugging a USB-C connector. This means that even is you have a quick charging power bank it will not spit out more than 5 Volts  on the output for the sake of safety. You could hack or build your ow power bank to do it anyway but the XT60 to barrel adapter seems way easier and safer option to go along ...  
2021-3-11
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

tomekyo Posted at 3-11 03:31
apparently the USB - C on the goggle battery plug neither the goggle have the electronics to do power negotiation while plugging a USB-C connector. This means that even is you have a quick charging power bank it will not spit out more than 5 Volts  on the output for the sake of safety. You could hack or build your ow power bank to do it anyway but the XT60 to barrel adapter seems way easier and safer option to go along ...

That's a good explanation. Thanks.
And still a shame.
I'm not (yet) a "real" fpv pilot and don't have the cable, this kind of batteries or the right charger.
But paying the 30 € for the DJI battery won't kill me either...
2021-3-11
Use props
John-_-D
lvl.2
United States

Depp Posted at 3-11 04:05
That's a good explanation. Thanks.
And still a shame.
I'm not (yet) a "real" fpv pilot and don't have the cable, this kind of batteries or the right charger.

Since this is a new product, accessories are hard to come by. I've got a spare Goggles Battery, as well as an XT-60 Goggles cable on order. We'll see who wins! I'm hoping that if I get the XT-60 cable, I can use an Intelligent Battery (I've ordered the Fly More kit which should arrive soon) to power the goggles when I run out of juice.
2021-3-11
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

John-_-D Posted at 3-11 19:16
Since this is a new product, accessories are hard to come by. I've got a spare Goggles Battery, as well as an XT-60 Goggles cable on order. We'll see who wins! I'm hoping that if I get the XT-60 cable, I can use an Intelligent Battery (I've ordered the Fly More kit which should arrive soon) to power the goggles when I run out of juice.

Good luck!
2021-3-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_ZTvk4kkHt3sa Posted at 3-11 03:12
DJI Gamora, you said "The standard XT60 power cable supports charging with third-party batteries. The voltage input range is 11.1-25.2 V."

If I buy that cable, can I run the goggles from the Intelligent Flight Battery?

Unfortunately, no.
2021-3-12
Use props
John-_-D
lvl.2
United States

When I attach a full-charged Goggles Battery to the standard cable that goes to the Goggles, I read +7.6v on the center conductor of the Goggles plug. When I power up a full-charged Intelligent Battery, I get +24.9v on the terminal at the "square" end of the XT-60 plug of the battery.

That, unlike the 7.6v I see from the Goggles Battery, is within the voltage input range (11.1-25.2v) you quoted above.

Why, then, will an Intelligent Battery be unable to power the Goggles, given an appropriate cable?

Note that I am NOT arguing with you, just trying to understand.

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed!
2021-3-12
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Netherlands

John-_-D Posted at 3-12 23:31
When I attach a full-charged Goggles Battery to the standard cable that goes to the Goggles, I read +7.6v on the center conductor of the Goggles plug. When I power up a full-charged Intelligent Battery, I get +24.9v on the terminal at the "square" end of the XT-60 plug of the battery.

That, unlike the 7.6v I see from the Goggles Battery, is within the voltage input range (11.1-25.2v) you quoted above.

this is the way the DJI support works. They do not have an adapter cable for you thus it is not possible. Although I think DJI support really sucks, personalty I wouldn't power my goggles from the drone's battery. The battery will most likely shot down itself upon being discharged an will leave you with black screen in your goggles. Just remember this is not a do itself product and needs to be fool proof. This might be a reason they state it's not possible.
2021-3-13
Use props
John-_-D
lvl.2
United States

tomekyo Posted at 3-13 01:01
this is the way the DJI support works. They do not have an adapter cable for you thus it is not possible. Although I think DJI support really sucks, personalty I wouldn't power my goggles from the drone's battery. The battery will most likely shot down itself upon being discharged an will leave you with black screen in your goggles. Just remember this is not a do itself product and needs to be fool proof. This might be a reason they state it's not possible.

Not sure what you mean. They do sell this cable. I've ordered it. Unless I hear a real reason it won't work with the Intelligent Battery, I'll be giving it a try!

I'm not concerned about not having a battery gauge for the goggles. That will be true if I use any battery other than the Goggles Battery, I suspect, including the third-party batteries DJI Gamora mentioned. And if the Goggles abruptly shut off, I should be able to hit Pause, drop the goggles, and fly home manually or use RTH.
2021-3-13
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Netherlands

John-_-D Posted at 3-13 03:27
Not sure what you mean. They do sell this cable. I've ordered it. Unless I hear a real reason it won't work with the Intelligent Battery, I'll be giving it a try!

I'm not concerned about not having a battery gauge for the goggles. That will be true if I use any battery other than the Goggles Battery, I suspect, including the third-party batteries DJI Gamora mentioned. And if the Goggles abruptly shut off, I should be able to hit Pause, drop the goggles, and fly home manually or use RTH.

no, they do not sell the cable to connect flight battery to your goggles. They however do sell a XT60 to barrel adapter, where you can use any LiPo battery (as long as the voltage remains within specified range) to power the goggle. I am not sure but I presume that the goggle will auto detect the cell count and will warn you about battery being empty before it is too late. The normal LiPo's do not have BMS of any sort so you will deischarge them to too low voltage if you don't know what you're doing. The so called intelligent flight battery however will most likely shot down way before the goggle can warn you, leaving you with black screen. You think you have the time to flip the switches but I can think of many cases where you do not and you will crash and will be crying here on the forum how bad DJI is and how unfair the life is. So don't be stubborn, unless you know what you're doing (which in this case I doubt) and leave this option alone. If you don't have the normal LiPo's just buy another goggle battery and enjoy safe flying.
2021-3-13
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

John-_-D Posted at 3-11 19:16
Since this is a new product, accessories are hard to come by. I've got a spare Goggles Battery, as well as an XT-60 Goggles cable on order. We'll see who wins! I'm hoping that if I get the XT-60 cable, I can use an Intelligent Battery (I've ordered the Fly More kit which should arrive soon) to power the goggles when I run out of juice.

The FPV Battery connector is not XT60.

If you could get the relevant connector then you should be able to run the goggles from the FPV pack as it is a 6S pack and within the voltage range of the goggles.
2021-3-13
Use props
John-_-D
lvl.2
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 3-13 04:15
The FPV Battery connector is not XT60.

If you could get the relevant connector then you should be able to run the goggles from the FPV pack as it is a 6S pack and within the voltage range of the goggles.

"The FPV Battery connector is not XT60."

THAT is the information I needed!!!

Do you know what the FPV battery connector is?

I could just buy such a socket and use the barrel connector from the soon-to-arrive XT60-to-barrel adaptor, wire it for center positive and Bob's your uncle...

Thanks Buzzyone!
2021-3-13
Use props
John-_-D
lvl.2
United States

tomekyo Posted at 3-13 03:59
no, they do not sell the cable to connect flight battery to your goggles. They however do sell a XT60 to barrel adapter, where you can use any LiPo battery (as long as the voltage remains within specified range) to power the goggle. I am not sure but I presume that the goggle will auto detect the cell count and will warn you about battery being empty before it is too late. The normal LiPo's do not have BMS of any sort so you will deischarge them to too low voltage if you don't know what you're doing. The so called intelligent flight battery however will most likely shot down way before the goggle can warn you, leaving you with black screen. You think you have the time to flip the switches but I can think of many cases where you do not and you will crash and will be crying here on the forum how bad DJI is and how unfair the life is. So don't be stubborn, unless you know what you're doing (which in this case I doubt) and leave this option alone. If you don't have the normal LiPo's just buy another goggle battery and enjoy safe flying.

"The so called intelligent flight battery however will most likely shot down way before the goggle can warn you, leaving you with black screen."

How is the Intelligent Battery is different from third-party 6S packs in this respect?

A guess is that the Intelligent Battery will shut itself off before it's depleted, and its shutoff point is at a higher voltage than will cause the goggles to warn?

Given that DJI says the Goggles can be powered with the XT-60 connector cable and either a 4S or 6S battery. They specifically sell the cable for this purpose, so it's clear -- when coupled with the fact that the Goggles also successfully power from the Goggles Battery at only 7.4v (lower near depletion) -- that the voltage regulation is pretty robust. It works from 7.4 to 25.2 volts!

What is not clear, is whether the warning system will adequately protect your flight, and your battery, when you use anything other than the Goggles Battery. It is not hard to imagine an algorithm that detects the incoming voltage, then classifies the battery type. This sort of thing is done all the time in other battery chargers that can auto-detect and charge, for example, a AAA or a 18450. Since the 6S, 4S and Goggle Battery voltage ranges are disjoint, it seems quite possible for the goggles to warn as each battery type approaches depletion. Do you know whether this is the case? And do you have specific knowledge that it won't work with the Intelligent Battery once I solve the physical connection issue?

You also cautioned that I could experience a sudden unexpected blackout while flying with the Intelligent Battery powering my goggles, and that there are situations where that could cause a crash. That's great advice! If I cobble this solution together before I can get another Goggle Battery or two, I will certainly test the solution in stress-free flight to the point of failure until I understand how it behaves.
2021-3-13
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Netherlands

John-_-D Posted at 3-13 11:50

No I don't know the type of the connector but I strongly recommend you not to go this way. This seam s a proprietary DJI or made for DJI plug, which I have never seen during my more than 20 years long RC affairs. The intelligent battery has so called BMS build in to protect itself from morons who do not have the needed knowledge nor experience to deal with one without it. The BMS protect the battery from overcharging and over discharging and will shut the battery off (most likely) where, there is still approximately 20 % energy left in it to protect the cells from over discharging. A LiPo, unlike LiIon battery will suffer irreversible damage while depleted under 20%. This is the reason for not being suitable as the goggle battery - it is my theory based of more than 20 years of RC experience. A LiPo without BMS can be discharged deeper (more then 80%) and I presume the goggle will warn the user about that before is too late. Goggle can detect the LiPo voltage when connecting and thus detect the cell count and at the right moment - trigger the low voltage alarm. Problem with flight battery again - can be that it shots off before you see the alarm. But what the hell just go and do your tests. It is only 800 EURO, Easy come, easy go.
2021-3-13
Use props
John-_-D
lvl.2
United States

tomekyo Posted at 3-13 14:49
No I don't know the type of the connector but I strongly recommend you not to go this way. This seam s a proprietary DJI or made for DJI plug, which I have never seen during my more than 20 years long RC affairs. The intelligent battery has so called BMS build in to protect itself from morons who do not have the needed knowledge nor experience to deal with one without it. The BMS protect the battery from overcharging and over discharging and will shut the battery off (most likely) where, there is still approximately 20 % energy left in it to protect the cells from over discharging. A LiPo, unlike LiIon battery will suffer irreversible damage while depleted under 20%. This is the reason for not being suitable as the goggle battery - it is my theory based of more than 20 years of RC experience. A LiPo without BMS can be discharged deeper (more then 80%) and I presume the goggle will warn the user about that before is too late. Goggle can detect the LiPo voltage when connecting and thus detect the cell count and at the right moment - trigger the low voltage alarm. Problem with flight battery again - can be that it shots off before you see the alarm. But what the hell just go and do your tests. It is only 800 EURO, Easy come, easy go.

Thanks for the reply, tomekyo. I think you're saying that the Intelligent Battery's BMS may turn off the battery when it gets close to 20%, perhaps before the Goggles can give a warning, and that this would cause a sudden lack of instrumentation. But you're not sure. Is that pretty much it?
2021-3-13
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Netherlands

John-_-D Posted at 3-13 17:55
Thanks for the reply, tomekyo. I think you're saying that the Intelligent Battery's BMS may turn off the battery when it gets close to 20%, perhaps before the Goggles can give a warning, and that this would cause a sudden lack of instrumentation. But you're not sure. Is that pretty much it?

Yes, it is more or less what I try to say. And no I certainly don't know it for sure and do not have an intention to find it out mainly because I do not find it in any way handy, convenant or safe to do. It is also not a problem to fly three flight packs with plenty of juice to spare on the goggle battery. After that you need to charge them all anyway, so why not to charge your goggle pack as well instead of screwing arround.
2021-3-14
Use props
John-_-D
lvl.2
United States

John-_-D Posted at 3-13 11:50

I received the XT60 cable. The connector is similar to that on the Intelligent Battery in shape. The pins in both seem to be about 4mm. But the distance between the connectors is different, 8 mm center to center on the XT-60 cable, and 12 mm in the Intelligent Battery connector.

If anyone knows a source for a socket that will fit the Intelligent Battery, I would welcome that information.
2021-3-19
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

John-_-D Posted at 3-19 02:08
I received the XT60 cable. The connector is similar to that on the Intelligent Battery in shape. The pins in both seem to be about 4mm. But the distance between the connectors is different, 8 mm center to center on the XT-60 cable, and 12 mm in the Intelligent Battery connector.

If anyone knows a source for a socket that will fit the Intelligent Battery, I would welcome that information.

If you are in the market for batteries, buy the Fly More combo, as it makes the batteries cheaper than buying them as singles. If you need 4 then you will have a spare charging hub - which has 3 battery plugs and a socket. Dismantle that!
or just buy a hub.
2021-3-19
Use props
Steelart99
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77936 ft

United States

As a bit of an aside, when goggle batteries are available, would there be an "easy" way to put two in parallel to have greater capacity.  I'm not interested in having my goggles shut down in the middle of a flight.  I'd prefer to have enough capacity to keep the goggles powered through 3 flight batteries.
2021-3-25
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

Steelart99 Posted at 3-25 07:18
As a bit of an aside, when goggle batteries are available, would there be an "easy" way to put two in parallel to have greater capacity.  I'm not interested in having my goggles shut down in the middle of a flight.  I'd prefer to have enough capacity to keep the goggles powered through 3 flight batteries.

You will have absolutely no trouble to use the goggles through three flight batteries because they keep for only 10 minutes if you're lucky...
2021-3-25
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

John-_-D Posted at 3-19 02:08

"If anyone knows a source for a socket that will fit the Intelligent Battery, I would welcome that information."
I'm pretty sure it's a proprietary connector. It might be possible to make your own by cutting a XT60 connector in half and adding the data pins between the power connectors.
Both the drone and charger communicate with the battery.
The drone to battery communication is a two line protocol which is likely I2C. The charger communicates the the battery with a single line protocol.
Besides the two power lines, the battery has three other connections. I'm not sure how these other connectors are used other than the two data line to the drone and one data line to the charger. I don't know if the charger and the drone share a data line or not.

I plan to investigate this more in the future. Here's a thread with info about the battery. I plan to add information to the thread in the future.
2021-3-25
Use props
djiuser_lk8PCpxFn2DS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1667 ft
United States

I glade I'm not the only one that was asking this question, given the batteries are sold out and having to take a bags worth of batteries for the drone and google would be cumbersome.

I post a thread yesterday asking something similar about alternatives to powering the v2 goggle and got the using a 3rd party could void your warranty response. This leads me to wonder if I were to use the XT60 with a 6S am I potentially at risk of voiding my warranty?

Technically the battery would be third-party or does the use of the XT60 cable as the interface to power my goggle offer some kind or guarantee that the warranty won't be voided?

I don't own 6S batteries not really looking to buy or deal with the risks involved with RC style, Lithium-ion battery packs atm.
2021-3-26
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_lk8PCpxFn2DS Posted at 3-26 12:56
I glade I'm not the only one that was asking this question, given the batteries are sold out and having to take a bags worth of batteries for the drone and google would be cumbersome.

I post a thread yesterday asking something similar about alternatives to powering the v2 goggle and got the using a 3rd party could void your warranty response. This leads me to wonder if I were to use the XT60 with a 6S am I potentially at risk of voiding my warranty?

I'm pretty sure using an alternate battery doesn't void your warranty.
At the bottom of page 31 of the manual it says:
DjiPower210326a.PNG
A LiPo pack from three cells to six cells should be fine.
These sorts of adapters are super common. Just make sure you use a center positive barrel jack and make sure the inner connector is 2.1mm and not the 2.5mm size. The connector size is referred to 5.5mm/2.1mm.(aka RadioShack Adaptaplug M)  5.5/2.5 connectors are common as well. The popular TS100 soldering iron uses the larger holed connector so make sure you do NOT get this kind.

Here's one example I found on Amazon. It's also possible to make your own. It's good to have several of this around for various uses. Many Arduino boards use the same size connector.
2021-3-26
Use props
inkognitive
lvl.1
Ukraine

Hello there, I have tested  running the goggles from my 50000mah 12v K2 power plant power bank. The adapter comes included with the power bank and there is an option to select the 12v or 20v . Photos attached.
2021-4-1
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

inkognitive Posted at 4-1 06:33
Hello there, I have tested  running the goggles from my 50000mah 12v K2 power plant power bank. The adapter comes included with the power bank and there is an option to select the 12v or 20v . Photos attached.[view_image]

That's pretty cool, thanks.
2021-4-1
Use props
John-_-D
lvl.2
United States

inkognitive Posted at 4-1 06:33
Hello there, I have tested  running the goggles from my 50000mah 12v K2 power plant power bank. The adapter comes included with the power bank and there is an option to select the 12v or 20v . Photos attached.[view_image]

I'd be happy with 1/4 the capacity (and cost) but it solves my problem. THANK YOU!!!
2021-4-3
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
United States

Incase any of you aren't aware, you can add a meter/alarm to most LiPo packs by plugging one of these gadgets into the balance port. Anyone using LiPo packs without built in battery management systems should have several of these meter/alarms on hand. Here's a link to a batch of five on Amazon.

If you have one of these plugged into the balance port of a LiPo pack, you will be warned before the voltage drops low enough to damage any of the cells. The type of LiPo packs appropriate were mentioned earlier in this thread.
2021-4-3
Use props
EWmedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 345860 ft
Sweden

Can some one just try a USB-C powerbank to see if it working? I don’t have one
2021-4-17
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
United States

EWmedia Posted at 4-17 08:06
Can some one just try a USB-C powerbank to see if it working? I don’t have one

I have a USB-C power bank but I'm not going to try this myself. I don't think it's a good idea.
There's no way for the goggle to request the appropriate voltage since the power cable doesn't have any data lines. At best the power bank will provide 5V at a relatively low current. This won't power the goggles. While it's not likely to damage the goggles, I don't see a point in taking the risk.

If you mean plugging the power line into the USB-C on the goggles, I also don't think this is a good idea. DJI has not provided any indication that the USB-C connection is intended to be a power input.

I think the only way a power bank can be used to power the goggles is if it has a dedicated 12V output like one seen earlier in this thread. My power bank has one of these outputs as well.

The goggle draw a bit more than 800mA when powered by 12V.

If you've seen my other posts about the controller and battery, you'll know I'm not over concerned about voiding my warranty. I just don't see a reason to push my luck by plugging in power sources not suggested in the instructions.

2021-4-17
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

Duane Degn Posted at 4-17 11:25
I have a USB-C power bank but I'm not going to try this myself. I don't think it's a good idea.
There's no way for the goggle to request the appropriate voltage since the power cable doesn't have any data lines. At best the power bank will provide 5V at a relatively low current. This won't power the goggles. While it's not likely to damage the goggles, I don't see a point in taking the risk.

Probably sensible. Especially if you can get an XT60 cable and use a lipo...
2021-4-17
Use props
EWmedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 345860 ft
Sweden

If you guys read more on Google a usb-c can output 20V. You can even charge a laptop over usb-c port
2021-4-20
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
United States

EWmedia Posted at 4-20 11:19
If you guys read more on Google a usb-c can output 20V. You can even charge a laptop over usb-c port

"a usb-c can output 20V. You can even charge a laptop over usb-c port"

Sure some power banks can output that kind of power but the device receiving the power needs to ask for it. The DJI FPV Goggles V2 aren't set up to be powered over the USB-C connection. The power port doesn't have a way to request the power. The USB-C connector on the Goggles' battery pack just uses the connector. It doesn't follow any USB-C power delivery standard.
The battery pack which comes with the goggles will only work with the cable supplied with it.
2021-4-20
Use props
MadMadMat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2097874 ft
United States

I didn't read every reply but the first one i saw about voltage is horrible advice at least with the fpv drone i bought this month 4/2022

My goggles battery charged up but won't power up,  I found a adjustable power supply here from my security system it has a standard (for ipcameras at least) 5.5 mm x 2.1 mm plug.  I dialed the voltage to 7.5 v and t things work just fine.  T may not be covered by dji warranty but it works. If i turn it up even to 9v the dji splash screen shows in the goggles but they go no farther.

I can say flying with an extension cord and ac adapter attached to you is not the way to go but it worked just fine to update all the firmware and get a few flights in.

It's not a proprietary connector it's 5.5 mm x 2.1 mm at least on my goggles.

2022-4-8
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
United States

MadMadMat Posted at 4-8 13:27
I didn't read every reply but the first one i saw about voltage is horrible advice at least with the fpv drone i bought this month 4/2022

My goggles battery charged up but won't power up,  I found a adjustable power supply here from my security system it has a standard (for ipcameras at least) 5.5 mm x 2.1 mm plug.  I dialed the voltage to 7.5 v and t things work just fine.  T may not be covered by dji warranty but it works. If i turn it up even to 9v the dji splash screen shows in the goggles but they go no farther.

"If i turn it up even to 9v the dji splash screen shows in the goggles but they go no farther."

My bet is your power supply can't output enough current at the higher voltage. The V2 Goggles can be powered with 6S packs. I often power mine with 12V at the bench.
2022-4-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules