Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kevinh98
lvl.3
Flight distance : 878471 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi
does anyone know if the Virtual Flight App is going to be released for Android ?

Just got the FPV Drone and it would be great for practice.

Kevin
2021-3-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Kevin, the Android version is not under development for the time being. However, we will take into account user feedback, and then decide whether or not to develop an Android version. Your feedback will be noted down and we'll forward it to our engineers. Thanks.
2021-3-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

According to Billy Kyles review of the app (he's been beta testing for a while) he implied that most of the customers are IOS based.
2021-3-7
Use props
kevinh98
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi DAFlys

How could he know the customer base before launch ? And just statistically Android is a larger part of the market.

As for DJI not developing a version for android, thats ok but why was it never made public before people brought the drone it was developed for ?

Also the difficulty in activating with the Fly App on android. Would it have been hard to release a means of downloading the apk direct to your phone instead of leaving it for people to work out for themselves.

Kevin
2021-3-7
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204222 ft
  • >>>
Lithuania

I use DRL sim on PC and it's way better anyway. The iOS sim is just for convenience.  

DRL offers way more FPV flight tutorials, support variety of controllers including the DJI FPV remote V1 and V2.
2021-3-7
Use props
kevinh98
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Originalas Posted at 3-7 03:34
I use DRL sim on PC and it's way better anyway. The iOS sim is just for convenience.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMQrHWEgxlc

I use Velocidrone and Lift Off for my FPV sim.

The virtual flight is specifically for the FPV Drone from DJI. That is why I would like to use it.

I have loads of FPV drones but none like my new DJI FPV.

Kevin
2021-3-7
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
  • >>>
Lithuania

kevinh98 Posted at 3-7 03:46
I use Velocidrone and Lift Off for my FPV sim.

The virtual flight is specifically for the FPV Drone from DJI. That is why I would like to use it.

So you are not missing anything. The DJI FPV sim app is just to get familiar with the controls, it has arcade flight physics, totally useless for practicing any manual flight skills. Liftoff will be 10x better and DRL is the best option if you want to improve your skills in the sim.

As far as DJI FPV modes go.. normal mode same = Mavic controls, sports mode = Mavic in "fixed wing mode". It took me less than 10 minutes to be flying with one finger through all gaps in sport mode at a first try.. it's so unbelievably easy for any drone pilot.

2021-3-7
Use props
maisen20
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

Will there come more maps to fly? For example joshua bardwell‘s garden , environments with trees, bridges, containers, cranes, etc.
2021-3-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-6 18:53
Hi Kevin, the Android version is not under development for the time being. However, we will take into account user feedback, and then decide whether or not to develop an Android version. Your feedback will be noted down and we'll forward it to our engineers. Thanks.

This not a surprising statement as DJI has always favored iOS over Android.  What does amaze me is other drone manufacturers have no issue keeping their software equally compatible for both Android and iOS platforms.  
2021-3-7
Use props
fansa156b207
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95020 ft
Hong Kong

Originalas Posted at 3-7 03:34
I use DRL sim on PC and it's way better anyway. The iOS sim is just for convenience.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMQrHWEgxlc

Can DRL sim support Air 2 remote?
2021-3-7
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
  • >>>
Lithuania

fansa156b207 Posted at 3-7 07:17
Can DRL sim support Air 2 remote?

I have tested only DJI FPV radio and BetaFPV. Both work plug and play.

You need a controller with throttle that does not center to properly practice manual FPV too.
2021-3-7
Use props
djiuser_xIMayoJpN91e
New
Flight distance : 540617 ft
United States

Virtual flight sucks ass. I can't even leave a comment in this f****** forum. The goddamn app will not connect with the f****** controller f*** this
2023-1-6
Use props
djiuser_xIMayoJpN91e
New
Flight distance : 540617 ft
United States

djiuser_xIMayoJpN91e Posted at 1-6 10:13
Virtual flight sucks ass. I can't even leave a comment in this f****** forum. The goddamn app will not connect with the f****** controller f*** this

To be more specific, I'm frustrated because nothing that has the letters DJI related to it f****** works. I've attempted to connect my flight controller V2 to your piece of crap app over 100 times and out of which it has successfully let me use the controller twice. If it worked once then it's obviously not something on my end your software is complete trash
2023-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules