Use of DJI FPV Controller 2 And Goggles with DJI FPV Air Unit
11989 18 2021-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Earmand
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1210925 ft
United States

Does anyone know if the DJI Remote Controller2 that comes with the DJI FPV Kit can be used with the DJI FPV Air unit?   
I have wanted to do a self build for a while and was hoping that after purchasing the DJI FPV, that I will be able to reuse the DJI Controller2 and Goggles with the DJI FPV Air Unit.

Even if it is currently not advertised as working, any chance it might be a future firmware update?

Thanks in advance
2021-3-6
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

We should assume so but the left stick has to be tightened to remove the recentering but even if you tighten it all the way down, you still have the center deadzone area feel so it isn't like the other controllers where it goes up and down w/ no center zone.  For the DJI FPV drone it's great as it's cinematic this way for how it's all designed together but if you are going a super custom FPV route, it's just better to use your own desired controller and small receiver imo.
2021-3-6
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Goggles V2 will work with the FPV Air Unit, Remote Controller 2 will not.
2021-3-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Earmand. Thanks for reaching out and posting your inquiry. Currently, the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 is not compatible with DJI FPV Air Unit / Caddx Vista Air Unit. There are no confirmed plans for the time being but should there be any changes or updates, we'll have them posted. Thank you for your continued support.
2021-3-7
Use props
Ashcopter FPV
New

Australia

Well i was just going to order dji fpv kit ,but I can’t get off of my pocket just 2000 aud ,for flying an fpv drone specially,I have four other free style quads which I fly in daily basis,I can’t put on another unnecessary weight on my shoulder,
You know what am saying!?
Now I won’t get that kit unless i can use their goggles and controllers to fly my other quads too.
4DD4EEC4-B63F-48FD-92B9-F97A1624DF0D.jpeg
2021-5-13
Use props
djiuser_LBfKFD2chsno
lvl.1
Canada

I feel completely scammed by dji
2021-6-11
Use props
Sinamatix
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-7 02:16
Hi, Earmand. Thanks for reaching out and posting your inquiry. Currently, the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 is not compatible with DJI FPV Air Unit / Caddx Vista Air Unit. There are no confirmed plans for the time being but should there be any changes or updates, we'll have them posted. Thank you for your continued support.

Is there any change on this?
2021-6-29
Use props
Sinamatix
lvl.1
United Kingdom

The whole reason for me buying  the FPV Combo, was to get back into drones and have some versatility.  Now I am finding that the Controller 2 doesn't bind to any of the Air units.  After just dropping another £400 on a BNF drone that is supposed to work with the DJI setup and after spending a few hours trying to sort this, I am finding this is not the case.  There should be a huge disclaimer on the site, in the FPV section that states this.  I shouldn't be finding this out after I own the stuff.  Come on DJI.  Sort this out!!  After trawling through the forums trying to find an answer to my problem, this is not what I expect from someone with such a pedigree.
2021-6-29
Use props
COLDFusion
lvl.3
Flight distance : 279583 ft
Germany

You know that DJI FPV System (Air Unit, Controller and Goggles) and the DJI FPV Drone (Drone, Goggles and Controller) are to different products.

Do you also feel scamed when you have two different cars (BMW 3er and VW Polo) and the motor doesn´t fit in each other?
2021-6-29
Use props
djiuser_t0peUyDFthgr
New

United Arab Emirates

What kind of comparison is that?!!
2021-8-11
Use props
brabrabarabra
lvl.1
Germany

Never use comparisons if you're not a rapper. However, it's much more like getting another car, and being told that you have to fully pay for a second driver's license now.
Because there's obviously little reason, but some corporate strategy, to make remote controls incompatible with your own products of the same range.
2021-8-29
Use props
fans97828d9e
lvl.1

United Kingdom

This is a bad look for DJI.
I don't feel like this will pressure people to buy the other controller. After realising this limitation they'll just use their own receiver to pair with the air unit to use with a different, more compatible controller and likely branch away even further.
It stops me from recommending the FPV combo for getting into the FPV world because of this - it's a pricey and delicate drone already (still no arms on the shop either) and with needing to buy another controller to use, they'd be better off with just the headset and getting a cheaper prebuilt drone to start off with.

It's really dissappointing as I am having fun with the FPV from DJI but like I said, I can't recommend this route to others.
2021-8-29
Use props
FlyingSnoopy
lvl.4

Greece

Too bad the controller is not compatbile with the air unit.
IF it was i would also buy the air unit to build my own drone
2021-8-29
Use props
marcelo_el_gringo
lvl.1
Germany

Looking forward to make the controller compatible with other air units (like caddx vista)
2021-8-30
Use props
Birdbox
New

United States

I really hope DJI is going to change its ways. A company driven to screw over it's customers in the name of profit is not one I am willing to work with. I just switched over to the DJI FPV Goggles by purchasing the entire FPV Drone kit (goggles, quad, v2 controller), and seeing I can't use it on any of the additional Caddx vista/air units I purchased is absolutely despicable. Instead, I can now buy another controller from DJI that does work with the air units?  I feel scammed. No thanks.
2021-9-19
Use props
djiuser_qeO1fFTYCYbD
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Such a shame, the form factor of the controller that comes with the DJI FPV Drone kit is so much better than the controller compatible with the DJI air unit. I'm sure they would sell lots and have many more happy customers if they sorted this out.
2021-11-15
Use props
redEeps
lvl.1

Poland

Are there any changes in DJIs approach to Controller V2 compatibility with Caddx vista?
2022-4-5
Use props
djiuser_0z9uB7Cv086p
New
Flight distance : 538346 ft
Canada

Any updates on this? Is the Controller 2 still not compatible with DJI Air Unit?
2022-7-1
Use props
djiuser_Wvc8ifu89foh
lvl.2

South Africa

djiuser_LBfKFD2chsno Posted at 2021-6-11 03:27
I feel completely scammed by dji

Remember DJI is in the money making business, they don't love fpv.,only money. Sooo their product compatibility, will always reflect maximum profit.
2023-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules