DJI Care Refresh activation (no [Device Management] in [Profile])
4822 16 2021-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
niklamm
lvl.1
Estonia

Hello gents,

I bought DJI Mini 2, which is a first drone ever for me. Also, I purchased a DJI Care Refresh 2-year plan. In the mail I've got, it's written that "To make sure that your aircraft can enjoy the flyaway replacement service, please enter [Profile] - [Device Management] in the app to bind your DJI account with the aircraft in advance, and also to bind the remote controller".

But the problem is that, after switching on the controler and drone and having a firmware updtaed, there is no shuch thing as "Device Management" in the Profile directory. Of course, before I start using the drone I'd like to be sure that my Care refresh plan is activated.

So, could you tell me please what should I do? Seems a bit annoying that DJI sends an explonation which makes no sense (is it because of some updates in the firmware?).

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers
2021-3-6
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

unless there is something different about your country, i would say work on making sure you have your care refresh activate and in use properly before you worry about flyaway.

flyaway can be bound (binded) with your control at any point and it has been my experience that you simply wait until the special message pops up on your controller and then you answer "yes."  because as you mentioned, some people are not finding the proper settings in their menu.  good news is you don't have to, it will find you.  and since you don't have to necessarily have flyaway on day zero, it's not super important to get this done like it is important with getting care refresh done immediately.

imho
2021-3-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered. Please check your service plan via this website: https://service.dji.com/djicare/coverage by entering the serial number of your drone.
For the Flyaway Coverage, please refer to this thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=234676, follow up the steps to bind your DJI account and remote controller with your aircraft by using the DJI Fly app.
*Please upgrade DJI Fly App to 1.2.2 or above to use the flyaway coverage binding function. DJI Fly App Download Center: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
Hope this helps. Please try and keep me updated. Thanks.
2021-3-6
Use props
djiuser_VLdY12xjaqH7
New
Flight distance : 27982 ft
Australia

I have done all these steps and I still have no option to bind my Mavic Air 2.
2021-3-6
Use props
fans6fc8166d
lvl.1
Estonia

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-6 18:43
Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered. Please check your service plan via this website: https://service.dji.com/djicare/coverage by entering the serial number of your drone.
For the Flyaway Coverage, please refer to this thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=234676, follow up the steps to bind your DJI account and remote controller with your aircraft by using the DJI Fly app.
*Please upgrade DJI Fly App to 1.2.2 or above to use the flyaway coverage binding function. DJI Fly App Download Center: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

I'm sorry, but are you serious. )) You're giving me link where I see that, once again, I need to chose [Profile] –> [Device Management]. BUT the thing is that I CANNOT chose [Device Management] as far as it's not presented under [Profile].

Also, you recommend me to upgrade the app even if wrote that UPGRADE WAS DONE while opening the app for the first time.

Don't want to offend you, but all this seems kinda strange. Will turn to the support tomorrow as far as they don't have operational hours during weekends.

Best regards.
2021-3-7
Use props
fans6fc8166d
lvl.1
Estonia

So, NO 'Device Management' in the Profile section.
Screenshot_2021-03-07-20-56-01-333_dji.go.v5.jpg
2021-3-7
Use props
fans6fc8166d
lvl.1
Estonia

Firmware is up to date.
Screenshot_2021-03-07-20-50-20-908_dji.go.v5.jpg
2021-3-7
Use props
djiuser_E6hPkz0O9RLk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3022 ft
United Kingdom

I had the same issue. Are you perhaps using app version 1.2.1 (hard to tell from the screenshot)? That was the latest version on google play for me, however I was able to download v1.3.0 from the dji website and it did have the 'Device Management' option available.
2021-3-8
Use props
niklamm
lvl.1
Estonia

djiuser_E6hPkz0O9RLk Posted at 3-8 06:58
I had the same issue. Are you perhaps using app version 1.2.1 (hard to tell from the screenshot)? That was the latest version on google play for me, however I was able to download v1.3.0 from the dji website and it did have the 'Device Management' option available.

You are absolutely right. I've got the same instructions from the support. And now, all is fine. (Seems still strange, that an old version is offered in Google Play, but let it be so...).
2021-3-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

niklamm Posted at 3-8 11:05
You are absolutely right. I've got the same instructions from the support. And now, all is fine. (Seems still strange, that an old version is offered in Google Play, but let it be so...).

Sorry for the late response. Glad to know your issue has been resolved. Google Play suspending updates for DJI Apps at present, you may refer to this post: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=233960. As I replied on the 3# floor, you are recommended to download the latest app from DJI Download Center. Sorry again for all the inconvenience caused. Thanks for your kind understanding.
2021-3-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_VLdY12xjaqH7 Posted at 3-6 20:21
I have done all these steps and I still have no option to bind my Mavic Air 2.

Hi there, sorry for the late response. May I confirm that if you have solved the issue or not?
2021-3-9
Use props
niklamm
lvl.1
Estonia

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-9 01:45
Hi there, sorry for the late response. May I confirm that if you have solved the issue or not?

Yes, it is solved. My apologies for being a bit rude, probably.
2021-3-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

niklamm Posted at 3-9 03:59
Yes, it is solved. My apologies for being a bit rude, probably.

Thank you for your update, I am happy to hear that the issue was resolved. Happy and safe flying.
2021-3-10
Use props
Pablosqui
lvl.1
Spain

I have the same issue and latest version of the app. I cannot unbind my drone from my account
2023-7-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Pablosqui Posted at 7-9 07:33
I have the same issue and latest version of the app. I cannot unbind my drone from my account

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know which drone you are using?
2023-7-9
Use props
fans9096c987
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5318980 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

DJI Wanda Posted at 7-9 22:18
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know which drone you are using?

I have a problem with my DJI RC. After resetting to factory setting there's no "Device Management" option. I can't bind my aircraft to the controller with my account. I've tried to refresh dji rc firmware using DJI Assistant 2 on PC but it couldn't solve the problem. Is there any way to restore "Device Management" on my DJI RC?
20231005_203301.jpg
2023-10-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans9096c987 Posted at 10-5 10:47
I have a problem with my DJI RC. After resetting to factory setting there's no "Device Management" option. I can't bind my aircraft to the controller with my account. I've tried to refresh dji rc firmware using DJI Assistant 2 on PC but it couldn't solve the problem. Is there any way to restore "Device Management" on my DJI RC?

Hi there, may I know if the issue is solved? Please check the following information:
1. Check whether the location permission is enabled.

2. Please use another network environment for testing.

3. Log out of the current account, then log in with the account again for testing.

Please keep us updated.
2023-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules