Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI OM4 failing to save time lapse with new Galaxy S21 Ultra
3107 19 2021-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
illikis
lvl.1

United States

I just sold my Note 8 which worked great with the OM4 including time lapses. I now have a brand new Galaxy S21 Ultra and it syncs with DJI Mimo just fine and shows all the features zoom tricks and stuff. But when I try to do a time lapse it appears to work fine and does the entire time lapse process but when it ends it doesn't save out as a time lapse but instead just a video. Google Photos then interprets the bad time lapse (video) as a slow motion messed up video. Help please!
2021-3-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, illikis. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. We're sorry to read about the issue you're experiencing and we'd like to know if the issue continues even after using the latest version of the DJI Mimo. Since you're using an Android device, you can download the latest version of the DJI Mimo here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo
2021-3-7
Use props
illikis
lvl.1

United States

I'm confused.  I've been waiting for an application update for weeks but in the Google Play store it still shows on version 1.5.4.  I'd prefer to download directly through Google Play instead of side loading.  Why isn't the store app version being updated tocurrent?
2021-3-7
Use props
illikis
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-7 03:02
Hi, illikis. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. We're sorry to read about the issue you're experiencing and we'd like to know if the issue continues even after using the latest version of the DJI Mimo. Since you're using an Android device, you can download the latest version of the DJI Mimo here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo

I'm confused.  I've been waiting for an application update for weeks but in the Google Play store it still shows on version 1.5.4.  I'd prefer to download directly through Google Play instead of side loading.  Why isn't the store app version being updated to current?  Must I side load the app?
2021-3-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

illikis Posted at 3-8 07:34
I'm confused.  I've been waiting for an application update for weeks but in the Google Play store it still shows on version 1.5.4.  I'd prefer to download directly through Google Play instead of side loading.  Why isn't the store app version being updated to current?  Must I side load the app?

Hi, the DJI app you are using cannot be updated via Google Play due to technical reasons. In order to ensure that the app can be used normally, we have opened a download channel on DJI's official website. You can visit our website at www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp to download and install the latest APK file to update the app. There is no need to be concerned, as user experience, functions, and privacy protections on apps installed through DJI's official website are still the same as before, so please feel free to use them. We also would like to remind you that you should only download apps from official channels. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2021-3-10
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

illikis Posted at 3-8 07:34
I'm confused.  I've been waiting for an application update for weeks but in the Google Play store it still shows on version 1.5.4.  I'd prefer to download directly through Google Play instead of side loading.  Why isn't the store app version being updated to current?  Must I side load the app?

You should be able to find the latest version on the Samsung galaxy store as well.

2021-3-10
Use props
illikis
lvl.1

United States

AlanHd Posted at 3-10 23:55
You should be able to find the latest version on the Samsung galaxy store as well.

Both Samsung Store and Google Play have DJI Mimo app version at 1.5.4.  DJI's website has it at 1.5.12.  I suppose I could download and sideload the app to see if the newer version has the same timelapse issues with my new phone... but still, if this is an actual release of their app why would it not be pushed to the main app stores??
2021-3-11
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
United Kingdom

illikis Posted at 3-11 07:27
Both Samsung Store and Google Play have DJI Mimo app version at 1.5.4.  DJI's website has it at 1.5.12.  I suppose I could download and sideload the app to see if the newer version has the same timelapse issues with my new phone... but still, if this is an actual release of their app why would it not be pushed to the main app stores??

Weird the latest one shows on the Samsung store for me.
2021-3-11
Use props
illikis
lvl.1

United States

AlanHd Posted at 3-11 10:05
Weird the latest one shows on the Samsung store for me.

You don't see this?  This is straight from Galaxy Store for DJI Mimo.

2021-3-11
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
United Kingdom

illikis Posted at 3-11 12:28
You don't see this?  This is straight from Galaxy Store for DJI Mimo.

[view_image]

2021-3-11
Use props
illikis
lvl.1

United States

Well that's confusing... your Galaxy Store app looks different than mine as well and the app is on a different version number.  What the...
2021-3-11
Use props
illikis
lvl.1

United States

illikis Posted at 3-11 14:34
Well that's confusing... your Galaxy Store app looks different than mine as well and the app is on a different version number.  What the...

Nevermind, I see what you are seeing now.  I had to scroll down further to the "Overview" section.  The 1.5.4 I saw previously was up above at the top and must be outdated or something.  

Either way, I am frustrated that this isn't on Google Play as this is where I want to install from.  But perhaps I will install this and see if it resolves my issue.
2021-3-11
Use props
fanse8ab5425
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4137 ft
United States

So, was it resolved?.
2021-5-17
Use props
illikis
lvl.1

United States

fanse8ab5425 Posted at 5-17 12:41
So, was it resolved?.

Kind of.  I contacted DJI support multiple times and they confirmed that the issue was known and was being worked on but every week I checked for new software and none ever came.  I eventually deleted the app which was installed from Good Play Store and re-installed it from the Samsung store because for some unknown reason the Samsung store's app was on a more recent version.  This has worked for me with my S21 Ultra.  So silly.
2021-5-18
Use props
vdp
lvl.1

Germany

illikis Posted at 5-18 07:24
Kind of.  I contacted DJI support multiple times and they confirmed that the issue was known and was being worked on but every week I checked for new software and none ever came.  I eventually deleted the app which was installed from Good Play Store and re-installed it from the Samsung store because for some unknown reason the Samsung store's app was on a more recent version.  This has worked for me with my S21 Ultra.  So silly.

So with the new Version the Timelapse works for you?
2021-6-18
Use props
illikis
lvl.1

United States

vdp Posted at 6-18 05:59
So with the new Version the Timelapse works for you?

Yes, once I updated to the newest version (in this case on Samsung Store not Google) it worked.
2021-6-18
Use props
djiuser_6sKjBSAYke59
New

Germany

illikis Posted at 6-18 06:51
Yes, once I updated to the newest version (in this case on Samsung Store not Google) it worked.

i just tried to find it in galaxy store but it dont have the app
2021-6-25
Use props
djiuser_6sKjBSAYke59
New

Germany

Samsung Store (Galaxy Store) dont have this app anymore
2021-6-25
Use props
djiuser_mfAlandDtgqZ
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_6sKjBSAYke59 Posted at 6-25 13:55
Samsung Store (Galaxy Store) dont have this app anymore

I just installed it from the Galaxy store
2021-7-22
Use props
LGii
New

Ukraine

добрый день , есть проблема с динамическим зумом , dji om4 и в приложении dji mimo не отображается пункт динамический зум (доли зум) в чем причина ??
2021-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules