Mini 2 Navigation Error
1645 11 2021-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Wb73fqm7ZalY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28251 ft
United States

Ever since recent update to firmware and Android app, my Mini 2 has crashed on it's back 4 times while propellers keep spinning. I get all sorts of errors but the one that sticks around is the Navigation Error and it doesn't allow for flight of course. I have gone through all trouble shooting except back tracking the update. Is there a way I can bring my Mini 2 back to a prior version of the firmware and app? This may be another issue but I want to try all options priot to sending for replacement.
2021-3-6
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think you can use DJI Assistant (2?) to roll back the firmware but am not sure and have never used it.
2021-3-6
Use props
djiuser_Wb73fqm7ZalY
lvl.1
United States

I may try that considering rolling back the app did not work at all.
2021-3-6
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 3-6 19:39
I think you can use DJI Assistant (2?) to roll back the firmware but am not sure and have never used it.

WRONG! For the 150th time, DJI Assistant can only be used to export flight logs for the Mini 2! It CANNOT be used to roll back firmware for the Mini 2. When will SOME people get it through their thick heads?!
2021-3-6
Use props
djiuser_Wb73fqm7ZalY
lvl.1
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 3-6 19:39

That definitely did not work...
2021-3-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_Wb73fqm7ZalY. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Unfortunately, the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) cannot be used to update or refresh the aircraft's firmware. If you have gone thru all the calibrations and the problem persists, it would best to return the product back to our Service Center for further testing and analysis. You can reach out to our Customer Support to assist you to open a ticket.
2021-3-7
Use props
jweaver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47664 ft
United Kingdom

Have you changed anything other than the FW? I had a problem very similar to this on one of my old quads when i accidentally put the wrong props on.
2021-3-7
Use props
djiuser_Wb73fqm7ZalY
lvl.1
United States

I've tried it all except rolling the firmware back which apparently DJI doesn't want you to do on your own for some reason. I'm going to send it back at this point. Hope DJI replaces the 2 sets of props I already replaced because of this issue.
2021-3-7
Use props
jweaver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47664 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_Wb73fqm7ZalY Posted at 3-7 05:05
I've tried it all except rolling the firmware back which apparently DJI doesn't want you to do on your own for some reason. I'm going to send it back at this point. Hope DJI replaces the 2 sets of props I already replaced because of this issue.

And just to check are you 100% sure you have put the right props on the right corner? As i said this sounds exactly what would happen if you put a clockwise prop on an anticlockwise motor or via versa.
2021-3-7
Use props
djiuser_Wb73fqm7ZalY
lvl.1
United States

The propellers were changed correctly twice. It also would not be the issue when the app doesn't even allow me to start the propellers for take off. Navigation error with no error codes is stuck on the screen now. Can't do anything but turn the drone on and view the camera which is also having an issue now since update. Gimble camera is tilted bringing back an old issue other folks had with prior versions.
2021-3-7
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

BaliSkies Posted at 3-6 20:33
WRONG! For the 150th time, DJI Assistant can only be used to export flight logs for the Mini 2! It CANNOT be used to roll back firmware for the Mini 2. When will SOME people get it through their thick heads?!

I don't know. Maybe when SOME people start to be NOT so rude. Fat chance, right?
2021-3-7
Use props
delf67
lvl.4
Flight distance : 379449 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_Wb73fqm7ZalY Posted at 3-7 05:05
I've tried it all except rolling the firmware back which apparently DJI doesn't want you to do on your own for some reason. I'm going to send it back at this point. Hope DJI replaces the 2 sets of props I already replaced because of this issue.

DJI doesn't want people rolling back the firmware if they have issues after an update because if it is an actual bug in the firmware they want to find and fix it  
Essentially, their customers get to provide a free de-bugging service for them!
2021-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules