Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gbaum.paintballphotography
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18308950 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am unable to update the firmware on my DJI FLY Aircraft

I am currently running the current FLY 1.3.0 app on a Pixel 5 which runs Android 11 which apparently will not detect my aircraft. I keep getting the following message

Aircraft firmware version out of date. Connect to DJI FLY and update to latest firmware version.

I apparently can not update the aircraft firmware in the DJI Assistant 2 FPV software, so I am stuck...

Anyone have any suggestions on how to update the firmware on my aircraft so I can fly?
2021-3-6
Use props
gbaum.paintballphotography
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18308950 ft
  • >>>
United States

Figured it out…. Since the Pixel 5 is not yet compatible with the DJI FPV system I used an old iPhone I had laying around…. The message in the App that says connect to the FLY App does not specify how so I assumed I needed to plug in the aircraft…. THIS IS NOT CORRECT The OTG USB cable adapter must be plugged in to the goggles while the other end of the USB C plugs in to your phone NOT THE AIRCRAFT I am now flying!!!!
2021-3-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

gbaum.paintballphotography Posted at 3-6 18:35
Figured it out…. Since the Pixel 5 is not yet compatible with the DJI FPV system I used an old iPhone I had laying around…. The message in the App that says connect to the FLY App does not specify how so I assumed I needed to plug in the aircraft…. THIS IS NOT CORRECT The OTG USB cable adapter must be plugged in to the goggles while the other end of the USB C plugs in to your phone NOT THE AIRCRAFT I am now flying!!!!

Glad you figured it out.  Happy flying.
2021-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules