Quick Transer problem
657 15 2021-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djordan2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

I've read the instructions over and over again on how to do a Wifi quick transfer from my Mini 2 to my Android phone.  But I still can not make it work.  I get to the point where it is asking me to Connect to the Mini 2.  I select connect.  The blue light starts blinking on the drone and the hour glass continues to go around on the phone.  Then it says Connection Failed.  Make sure both devices are turned on.  Wifi and BlueTooth are both selected on the phone.

What is the issue here?

Grandpa Don

2021-3-6
Use props
kevcb1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2470 ft
United Kingdom

just discovered that on andriod , put phone in airplane mode then turn on bluetooth and wifi  and it will connect for you .did for me anyway
2021-3-9
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
United States

kevcb1 Posted at 3-9 13:47
just discovered that on andriod , put phone in airplane mode then turn on bluetooth and wifi  and it will connect for you .did for me anyway

You know, I tried that.  I always use Airplane mode with the drone.  And, when in Airplane Mode, you have to go back in and turn on Wifi and Bluetooth as you said.  Which I did.  But I still can't get my Mini 2 to connect for Quick Transfer.  Everything else work perfectly.
2021-3-9
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
United States

I have tried every which way to Sunday, and I still can not get the drone to connect to my Android phone with Quick Transfer.  When I geet the message saying to "Switch" I select it and the Drone makes all of the appropriate noises and sounds like it got the command.  But then after searching for a while I get the message "Cannot connect"  It then says there was no device found.  I just don't understand.  I wish DJI support would jump in here and tell my what is going on.
2021-3-9
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

djordan2 Posted at 3-9 16:02
I have tried every which way to Sunday, and I still can not get the drone to connect to my Android phone with Quick Transfer.  When I geet the message saying to "Switch" I select it and the Drone makes all of the appropriate noises and sounds like it got the command.  But then after searching for a while I get the message "Cannot connect"  It then says there was no device found.  I just don't understand.  I wish DJI support would jump in here and tell my what is going on.

Just for the record, have you tred a ifferent phone? Even just borrow one, different model and see what the result is.
2021-3-9
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
United States

yogi053 Posted at 3-9 23:55
Just for the record, have you tred a ifferent phone? Even just borrow one, different model and see what the result is.

No, I don't have a different phone to use.  My son has a completely different phone than I do, but he lives 250  miles away.  Besides, his phone does the same thing.  He can't use Quick tTansfer either.  His phone is far more advanced and expensive than mine.  I didn't even know about Quick Transfer until he called me to ask me how to do it because he couldn't make it work.  That's when I got into the research.  I told him I would post to the Forum and see what others have done to fix it.
2021-3-10
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

djordan2 Posted at 3-10 00:20
No, I don't have a different phone to use.  My son has a completely different phone than I do, but he lives 250  miles away.  Besides, his phone does the same thing.  He can't use Quick tTansfer either.  His phone is far more advanced and expensive than mine.  I didn't even know about Quick Transfer until he called me to ask me how to do it because he couldn't make it work.  That's when I got into the research.  I told him I would post to the Forum and see what others have done to fix it.

So, just to be clear, you and your son both have Mini 2 drones, different Android phones and neither of you can achieve quick file transfer?
That Sir, is very strange indeed! I look forward to any update you may have to resolve this matter. I'm only sorry that I cannot assist you further. Good luck, happy flying, Stay safe!
2021-3-10
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
United States

yogi053 Posted at 3-10 02:32
So, just to be clear, you and your son both have Mini 2 drones, different Android phones and neither of you can achieve quick file transfer?
That Sir, is very strange indeed! I look forward to any update you may have to resolve this matter. I'm only sorry that I cannot assist you further. Good luck, happy flying, Stay safe!

Okay, here is the whole story. Yes, that is correct.  My son, who is 49 years old, crashed his P3 Standard.  I was helping him get parts to repair it.  By coincidence, I had battery failure at 50 feet altitude on my P3 Pro a few weeks later.  So then we were both droneless and looking for a replacement.

I saw the Mini 2 and ordered one.  I was blown away by how well it preformed.  I took it up to where my son lives and showed it to him.  He fell in love too, and ordered one for himself.  We have been flying them now for well over a month.  We both use Android phones, but his is much more expensive than mine.  I don't know the model though.  I have the latest version of the app.  I think it is v1.3.0.  My son has not upgraded his app yet.  I think he is on v1.2.4.  He said he paid something like over a thousand dollars for his phone.  Mine was about $300.00 or so as best I can recall.  The Fly app works perfectly on both of our phones.  All features work, except Quick Transfer!

He said he has watched all of the YouTube videos and followed the procedure multiple times but still can not connect in QT.  Since I work in the electronics, networking, computer industry, he figured I could easily figure it out.  He was wrong!  But I'm still trying.

I didn't even know the Mini had the QT feature because I always just remove the SD card and transfer the videos directly to my computer.  So that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
2021-3-10
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

djordan2 Posted at 3-10 07:14
Okay, here is the whole story. Yes, that is correct.  My son, who is 49 years old, crashed his P3 Standard.  I was helping him get parts to repair it.  By coincidence, I had battery failure at 50 feet altitude on my P3 Pro a few weeks later.  So then we were both droneless and looking for a replacement.

I saw the Mini 2 and ordered one.  I was blown away by how well it preformed.  I took it up to where my son lives and showed it to him.  He fell in love too, and ordered one for himself.  We have been flying them now for well over a month.  We both use Android phones, but his is much more expensive than mine.  I don't know the model though.  I have the latest version of the app.  I think it is v1.3.0.  My son has not upgraded his app yet.  I think he is on v1.2.4.  He said he paid something like over a thousand dollars for his phone.  Mine was about $300.00 or so as best I can recall.  The Fly app works perfectly on both of our phones.  All features work, except Quick Transfer!

I meant no disrespect. I just found it strange that 2 members of the same family had the same malfunction. Had they been bought together, it may have been part of a bad 'batch'.
Like you I always remove sd card as soon as I finish flying and input all files to my computer using an adapter. I then replace the sd card back into the drone and format it straightaway so that I am ready to fly again at the ealiest opportunity. Maybe I have the same problem on mine. I don't know, because it is something I don't use.
2021-3-10
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
United States

yogi053 Posted at 3-10 08:07
I meant no disrespect. I just found it strange that 2 members of the same family had the same malfunction. Had they been bought together, it may have been part of a bad 'batch'.
Like you I always remove sd card as soon as I finish flying and input all files to my computer using an adapter. I then replace the sd card back into the drone and format it straightaway so that I am ready to fly again at the ealiest opportunity. Maybe I have the same problem on mine. I don't know, because it is something I don't use.

Oh my goodness.  I didn't think you were being disrespectful.  Not at all.  I just wanted to get as much information out there in case there were questions about what is happening.   Since I am assuming that everyone else with a Mini 2 does not have this problem, that I must have a phone that is not compatible.  Which I would find strange because I was using this phone to fly my P3 Pro and my son was using his phone to fly his P3S with the Go app and all other feature of the Fly app work fine.

For me, it doesn't matter if it works or not.  I wasn't using it.  I do like you do in your post.  But my son wants it, and Daddy wants to find the answer for him.
2021-3-10
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

djordan2 Posted at 3-10 08:19
Oh my goodness.  I didn't think you were being disrespectful.  Not at all.  I just wanted to get as much information out there in case there were questions about what is happening.   Since I am assuming that everyone else with a Mini 2 does not have this problem, that I must have a phone that is not compatible.  Which I would find strange because I was using this phone to fly my P3 Pro and my son was using his phone to fly his P3S with the Go app and all other feature of the Fly app work fine.

For me, it doesn't matter if it works or not.  I wasn't using it.  I do like you do in your post.  But my son want it, and Daddy wants to find the answer for him.

I fully understand. Unfortunately, I don't have a son but I do have a grandson and a gt. grandson now.
Stay safe!
2021-3-10
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
United States

yogi053 Posted at 3-10 08:24
I fully understand. Unfortunately, I don't have a son but I do have a grandson and a gt. grandson now.
Stay safe!

You know there is one thing I have not tried yet.  And that is getting far away from my home Wifi and all other possible interference and try to connect that way.  Today, I am going out in the desert and try it out there.  I'll put it in Airplane Mode and turn Wifi and Bluetooth back on and then see what happens.  What do you think?
2021-3-10
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
United States

Okay, I just tried going out in the desert and attempting to connect.  It did not connect out there either!  Here is what I did,

I used Airplane Mode with Wifi and Bluetooth turned on.  The instruction say that the first time you connect you do it a slightly different way by opening the Album feature and clinking on the lightning bolt at the top right corner to download the transfer files.  I did that.  It opened a window that said "Switch to Quick Transfer Mode".  I clicked on that and the drone squawked back at me acknowledging the command and the Blue light starting the blinking sequence.  Then a window opened up that said  "Connecting to DJI Product" (or something like that but no device is showing).  After about 20 seconds I get a message that says "Connection Failed, No device found"

I then closed the app and forced stopped it in Settings.  I then reopened the app and tried again with the same results.  I restarted everything, (phone, app, controller and drone)  No good!  So I tried to connect the second way by pushing the button until it pulses blue.  You know the rest from there.  Still no connection!  I'm out of ideas!

There was a strong wind blowing out there (gusts up to 16 mph),  so I just took a flight around the desert for one battery.   It handled the wind like a pro...
2021-3-10
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
United States

Okay... here is the latest in my search for a reason why my new phone will not connect with Quick Transfer.  This afternoon I dug out one of my old smartphones that is about 8 years old.  It is also a Samsung model SM-N920A with Android version 7.0.  To my surprise it connected with Quick Transfer instantly.  What the Hell?  I know someone suggested trying another phone a while back, but I forgot I had this old phone.  I was able to connect to the Mini 2 without the controller and download all of my videos at high speed.

So now I just have to figure out what the difference is between the old 8 year old phone and my new 6 month old phone.  Does anyone have any suggestion on where to start?  I'm making progress...

2021-3-10
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

djordan2 Posted at 3-10 16:12
Okay... here is the latest in my search for a reason why my new phone will not connect with Quick Transfer.  This afternoon I dug out one of my old smartphones that is about 8 years old.  It is also a Samsung model SM-N920A with Android version 7.0.  To my surprise it connected with Quick Transfer instantly.  What the Hell?  I know someone suggested trying another phone a while back, but I forgot I had this old phone.  I was able to connect to the Mini 2 without the controller and download all of my videos at high speed.

So now I just have to figure out what the difference is between the old 8 year old phone and my new 6 month old phone.  Does anyone have any suggestion on where to start?  I'm making progress...

I suggested that you should try another phone, even borrowing one from a neighbour or friend.
Really glad you got it sorted in the end. Have you suggested to your son that he tries the same thing?
Fly happy, Stay safe!
2021-3-11
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
United States

yogi053 Posted at 3-11 00:05
I suggested that you should try another phone, even borrowing one from a neighbour or friend.
Really glad you got it sorted in the end. Have you suggested to your son that he tries the same thing?
Fly happy, Stay safe!

Ya, I remember you now. I think the problem has been narrowed down to the phones.  But what?  These are both fairly new phones.  But as I said before, I don't use the QT function so it isn't a problem for me.  Maybe at some point there will be an update on the app or phone that will fix it.  Who knows!
2021-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules