Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sudden descends beyond control
697 10 2021-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Silja
lvl.1
Germany

My Mavic Mini was working flawless for half a year. Suddenly I exprienced sudden descends while flying. You start the drone, everything perfect, you can let it hover and test it by moving it a little and you see that the flight control system is working perfectly. But when you fly, even if the drone is just 50m away, no wind, no external sources of interference because it is open land and it happened on various sites, the drone stops responding to commands. It flys either just straight into obstacles, or more severe it begins sudden descends, touches the ground, goes up again, and after a few seconds it seems to be working normally again. Of course I did firmware upgrades, tried other flight batteries, with no effect. I read some posts with similar behaviour on the internet so I am wondering if this is a known issue.

2021-3-7
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Silja,

i had a warranty case on this behaviour!  If you like upload your flightlog for this flight, using > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
If you using a FlyApp < 1.2.2.  than nice to put a cloud link to the DAT file, i know the error wich makes it clear to be a warranty case.

cheers
JJB

2021-3-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Silja. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to fly your DJI Mavic Mini to a different location to see if the issue will still persist.  Just a reminder to please always fly at location that are clear of magnetic or radio interference, buildings and other obstacles. In addition, I will post a list under Flight Condition Requirements specifically on Interference with Communication and an official DJI tutorial video on DJI Remote Controller Antenna Best Practices. Thank you and fly safe always.

2021-3-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-7 21:23
Hello there Silja. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to fly your DJI Mavic Mini to a different location to see if the issue will still persist.  Just a reminder to please always fly at location that are clear of magnetic or radio interference, buildings and other obstacles. In addition, I will post a list under Flight Condition Requirements specifically on Interference with Communication and an official DJI tutorial video on DJI Remote Controller Antenna Best Practices. Thank you and fly safe always.

None of those things would be expected to affect the drone the way tho OP described.
The incident described is very unusual and it's not going to be possible to work out what happened without seeing the recorded flight data.

2021-3-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Of course I did firmware upgrades, tried other flight batteries, with no effect. I read some posts with similar behaviour on the internet so I am wondering if this is a known issue.
Using different batteries and updating firmware won't have any effect on the issues you've described.
No .. it's not a known issue and I've not run into anything similar.
The incident described is very unusual and it's not going to be possible to work out what happened without seeing the recorded flight data.
2021-3-7
Use props
texgeekboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 347024 ft
United States

Did you see any messages about CPU overload (can’t remember the exact phrase)?  I initially used a slow, low memory iPad mini with my controller. Things would hang after a short bit. I finally noticed that message and bought a more powerful iPad mini with more memory and the problem went away.
2021-3-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

texgeekboy Posted at 3-9 06:18
Did you see any messages about CPU overload (can’t remember the exact phrase)?  I initially used a slow, low memory iPad mini with my controller. Things would hang after a short bit. I finally noticed that message and bought a more powerful iPad mini with more memory and the problem went away.

Did you see any messages about CPU overload
That would be completely unrelated to the control of the drone or the issue described.
2021-3-9
Use props
travelerbyheart
lvl.2
Flight distance : 319275 ft
Czechia

this happened to me too several times in the middle of a field ... I was about to land slowly, instead teh drone crashed to the grass despite lifting up the controler ... it happened only few times, I didnt really try to solve the issue
2021-3-9
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

This is widely known issue, I personally made several posts about this, commented to DJI and never had a solution... then Mini2 came out with improved motors and props.
Best thing would be to record the behaviour and send flight logs to DJI... hopefully if they find is a warranty issue they might replace it...
Good luck and fly safe!
2021-3-9
Use props
texgeekboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 347024 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-9 06:28
That would be completely unrelated to the control of the drone or the issue described.

To paraphrase her, she said  the drone stopped responding to commands. That is exactly what happened to me when I used my old, slow iPad with extremely minimal memory.
2021-3-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

texgeekboy Posted at 3-9 12:18
To paraphrase her, she said  the drone stopped responding to commands. That is exactly what happened to me when I used my old, slow iPad with extremely minimal memory.

You could unplug the slow old iPad and you'd still have proper control of the drone.
The iPad doesn't affect its control.
2021-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules