Goggles 2 Stuck at Transmitting During Update
6321 8 2021-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tim Berglund
lvl.1
United States

I've just unboxed my FPV Combo, and am attempting to activate the goggles. I've downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 to my Mac. It finds the goggles (connected via USB) and identifies that a firmware update is required. It downloads the firmware, then is stuck at "Transmitting" until it times out. I uploaded the error log, although I don't think that's visible to me. Any idea what's up? It's my understanding that I have to get past this step before I can activate the goggles, and I have to activate the goggles before I can pair them to the simulator app, so I'm stuck.

Assistant app after timeout

Assistant app after timeout

2021-3-7
Use props
djiuser_joBkTpgPwMEi
lvl.1
United States

Is the goggles battery fully charged? I received an error on my iPhone during the initial goggles update (albeit in Chinese!) that seemed to say "Cannot update with battery below 30%".
Charging the battery allowed me to update.
Edit: Odds are your batteries are charged, someone else posted a similar issue:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237322

Looks like an OS X issue. Have you tried a Windows machine?

2021-3-7
Use props
Tim Berglund
lvl.1
United States

Hmmm, could be an OSX issue, yes. The battery is around 90%, so that should be fine. Any DJI folks have anything to say?
2021-3-7
Use props
buchtickyskremem
lvl.1
Czechia

Hello Tim, have you found a solution? I've the same issues. Thank you
2021-3-28
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For updating the firmware use the Fly App on an iPhone/iPad, Android device. Make sure your batteries are all at 100% before you start as the update from shipping firmware to latest firmware takes about 40 mins. The goggles takes the longest as it gets a load of training videos downloaded to it.

The Assistant 2 does not set the update flag correctly so you have to connect it to the Fly App anyway, even if you do manage to get Assistant to behave.
You can only activate using the Fly App.
2021-3-28
Use props
ApoIIo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36860 ft
Australia

Does everyone’s fly app not list the FPV?
2021-3-28
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The DJI FPV only appears in the Fly App when it is connected. Make sure you have the correct version, iOS is the one in the App Store, for Android the one on the DJI download page.
2021-3-28
Use props
Linuxluver
New
New Zealand

Buzzyone Posted at 3-28 12:59
For updating the firmware use the Fly App on an iPhone/iPad, Android device. Make sure your batteries are all at 100% before you start as the update from shipping firmware to latest firmware takes about 40 mins. The goggles takes the longest as it gets a load of training videos downloaded to it.

The Assistant 2 does not set the update flag correctly so you have to connect it to the Fly App anyway, even if you do manage to get Assistant to behave.

Thanks. This sounds like me. All updates were done via the Assistant 2 on Windows. Fly app activation was ok. Downloading update has been "updating" for about 15 mins so far. All batteries were full. So I'll wait.
2021-8-8
Use props
Roger_Flies
lvl.2
Flight distance : 342828 ft
United States

I too spent way too much time trying to get the FPV Assistant to run on an M1 Mac. I ended up just getting Parallels, set up a Windows 11 VM and then used the Windows version. I suspect that won't be the last time I need Windows Native.
2022-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules