• >>>
United States

DJI FPV Beach test

Great
- Flies far back and forth w/o issue for a long time
- Flies fast
- Incredibly cinematic flying aids

Problems
- Moving the goggle battery connection slightly turns the goggles off.  This is dangerous.  Can DJI find a solution for this fix?  Probably with a firmware update?
- Turning Focus mode to off makes it frequency hop with the screen freezing momentarily like Ocusyunc 2.0.  It should always be set to Auto or Enabled for clean, smooth, stable feed footage.
- Auto RTH on low battery cannot be disabled and comes on w/o much warning. edit: stop/start button is another button that isn't brake/RTH
           - If you are flying just underneath something like a bridge, building, or a forest i t may crash underneath.
           - I pressed brake to turn auto-home off at 26% battery on the count down, it turned off but then it turned back on and I couldn't stop it intuitively on the 3rd vid.
                 If I had had flown through that building on the way back I would've been f*.  There has to be a way to disable low battery RTH because you can fly back faster than it  going up to your desired RTH altitude and flying back slowly then coming back down.
- DJI should've made another button for RTH, not combine brake and RTH to the same button!
- At least give some sort of better warning when RTH is going to happen even after a cancelled of a previous activation (panic trying to cancel and the user button mashes and is confused whether or not the auto-RTH has been disabled)  for all DJI drones like a 10 second timer for each New activation as some activations could be accidental and would result in them crashing on something they are underneath.

I will try to make it clearer.  I was flying a bit far away at 26% battery.  I've flown close in a park all the way to 15% w/o issue the day before.  Once it hit 26% it said low battery warning, and starts the countdown to auto-RTH.  Hit brake to cancel.  I hit brake but instead of RTH being cancelled it stops the drone.  I press the button again to try to make it come out of brake because I cannot move the drone but nothing happens.  Very soon after it ascends on it's own.  I assume this is a good idea as if you are in timer mode and want it to stop, it would take priority to stop than cancel first then press again to stop but then you run the risk of it flying underneath something which is also as bad.

All done with 1 battery.  4k/60, let it process

2021-3-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there AntDX316. Good day and thank you for sharing these information about your flight using the DJI FPV. In addition, thank you for posting these wonderful videos you have filmed. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-3-7
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dude nice video but you should not have been flying low over those people way too dangerous
2021-3-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The fat straps have a slot for the battery that might fix one issue for you.
2021-3-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 3-7 23:28
Dude nice video but you should not have been flying low over those people way too dangerous

I always thought they had different rules to us in America
2021-3-8
Use props
Sascha.ES
lvl.4
Germany

Good Video!
2021-3-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks very cool.
I only hope you keep (way) more distance from people and buildings next time.
This thing goes super fast and is quite heavy!
2021-3-8
Use props
0xdeadb33f
lvl.1
United States

I second the RTH concerns.

I've been practicing in an open area; though there are tall trees and masonry in the vicinity. I've had RTH unexpectedly activate three times now. Each time I'm locked out of the controls and have to watch as the drone pilots itself back narrowly avoiding branches and landing inches from brick structures. On the Mavic RTH is much more refined, I never feel like I don't have control. Obviously this is a new product with months of updates ahead of it; but this feature / bug is scary. On one occasion I had to actually scale a wall to hand catch the drone because it was hovering precariously in RTH mode.
2021-3-8
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

0xdeadb33f Posted at 3-8 11:20
I second the RTH concerns.

I've been practicing in an open area; though there are tall trees and masonry in the vicinity. I've had RTH unexpectedly activate three times now. Each time I'm locked out of the controls and have to watch as the drone pilots itself back narrowly avoiding branches and landing inches from brick structures. On the Mavic RTH is much more refined, I never feel like I don't have control. Obviously this is a new product with months of updates ahead of it; but this feature / bug is scary. On one occasion I had to actually scale a wall to hand catch the drone because it was hovering precariously in RTH mode.

Did you lose controller signal?
2021-3-8
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-8 01:09
The fat straps have a slot for the battery that might fix one issue for you.

It has a slot for the battery?
2021-3-8
Use props
Dygme
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

Was that Asbury Park, NJ? I live in NJ.
2021-3-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 3-8 20:11
It has a slot for the battery?

Yes,   you can have the battery on the side or back of your head.

https://fatstrapsfpv.com/index.html#content
2021-3-9
Use props
0xdeadb33f
lvl.1
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 3-8 17:22
Did you lose controller signal?

Nope, each time the battery level triggered RTH.
2021-3-9
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

0xdeadb33f Posted at 3-9 10:04
Nope, each time the battery level triggered RTH.

Had low battery kick in.  I was close to home point but instead of it ascending it headed straight to the home point at (7 feet off the ground) current altitude to RTH alt for a bunch of feet which wasn't good until I was able to cancel it which I was button mashing the brake button lol : (
2021-3-9
Use props
0xdeadb33f
lvl.1
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 3-9 16:11
Had low battery kick in.  I was close to home point but instead of it ascending it headed straight to the home point at (7 feet off the ground) current altitude to RTH alt for a bunch of feet which wasn't good until I was able to cancel it which I was button mashing the brake button lol : (

I'm curious if the standard controller also locks out during RTH. So far, I have only flown with the motion controller.
2021-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules