Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI FPV V2, need to fix goggles turning off

The goggles turn off if the connection moves slightly at the battery side.  Please fix it from the screen going black and requiring a battery restart with a firmware update.  When it's in the pocket and the user moves around too much it will go black.
2021-3-7
Use props
Plasmo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17907 ft
United States

Yes, i thought I was the only one having this problem!  Suddenly everything in my goggles goes black, and find that I need to turn on my goggle battery pack again.  This has happened several times.
2021-3-7
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Plasmo Posted at 3-7 13:55
Yes, i thought I was the only one having this problem!  Suddenly everything in my goggles goes black, and find that I need to turn on my goggle battery pack again.  This has happened several times.

yeah, the DJI FPV V2 on DIY drones w/ no failsafe, no idea how they do it lol.

I couldn't fly any drone far w/o confidence of it returning safely.
2021-3-7
Use props
Max Bourdages
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

AntDX316 Posted at 3-7 16:16
yeah, the DJI FPV V2 on DIY drones w/ no failsafe, no idea how they do it lol.

I couldn't fly any drone far w/o confidence of it returning safely.

Most DIY drone user dont use this pack so no problem
2021-3-7
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Max Bourdages Posted at 3-7 16:41
Most DIY drone user dont use this pack so no problem

They need to do something about the battery.. should've not used USB-C.  Having a secure battery connection to the goggles is extremely important especially when you have a drone that can fly at 80+ mph.  Imagine having a blackout doing a split-s into a hallway lmao.  DJI did a great job w/ everything else but overlooked the most important thing. : (

Should've been some sort of click-lock for output but input is USB-C.

2021-3-7
Use props
Max Bourdages
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

AntDX316 Posted at 3-7 18:01
They need to do something about the battery.. should've not used USB-C.  Having a secure battery connection to the goggles is extremely important especially when you have a drone that can fly at 80+ mph.  Imagine having a blackout doing a split-s into a hallway lmao.  DJI did a great job w/ everything else but overlooked the most important thing. : (

Should've been some sort of click-lock for output but input is USB-C.

If I have a blackout with my DIY drone into a split-s at 90mph + Ill change my props and rip another pack.
2021-3-8
Use props
Ale Sibaja
New

Costa Rica

Hey, I'm having the same issue. It's happened about 4 times. All when i was flying. 3 of those I had LoS and was able to bring it down, but 1 of those times I crashed, thankfully didn't cause any damage. I thought it was the battery cable, but i have suspicion that it might be something else.  Did you do the 1200 mw hack?
2021-5-10
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ale Sibaja Posted at 5-10 16:15
Hey, I'm having the same issue. It's happened about 4 times. All when i was flying. 3 of those I had LoS and was able to bring it down, but 1 of those times I crashed, thankfully didn't cause any damage. I thought it was the battery cable, but i have suspicion that it might be something else.  Did you do the 1200 mw hack?

You need to secure the cable to the battery and leave it in your pocket.  Don't really do too much moving around or it can disconnect it.  No idea why their plug was such a bad idea when they've pretty much perfected everything else.
2021-5-11
Use props
WingmanGroup
lvl.1

United States

AntDX316 Posted at 5-11 11:35
You need to secure the cable to the battery and leave it in your pocket.  Don't really do too much moving around or it can disconnect it.  No idea why their plug was such a bad idea when they've pretty much perfected everything else.

I just lost a quad 5 inch build with air unit because of this.   I didn’t even know this was a problem.  I just walked 10 miles back and forth trying to find a $900 rig with go pro and air unit figured into the cost breakdown.  I’m tired of FPV companies in general washing their hands of any responsibility reguarding any level of product satisfaction or just plane reliable operation!!!  Sick to my stomach over this.   They should compensate those who have lost drones, if for nothing else than atleast the air unit!!!   
2021-7-26
Use props
Romonaga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 789124 ft
United States

There is much I dislike about the pack.  For me, I can not even use mine as the button is stuck.  Now, to prevent disconnects with cord.  Look into mounting the pack on the headband.  Once I did this I never had issues again.

Now, if DJI would just respond to how they will fix my pack so I can use it again....
2021-7-26
Use props
coyotejuice
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8235935 ft
United States

they make a holder for the battery and a short little cable so that it clips onto the back of the goggle strap.  I use this and have never looked back.  Keeps it completely out of the way.  Found mine on Amazon.  just search for DJI FPV accessories. Think it was about 12 bucks for the holder and cord.
2021-7-26
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

WingmanGroup Posted at 7-26 05:18
I just lost a quad 5 inch build with air unit because of this.   I didn’t even know this was a problem.  I just walked 10 miles back and forth trying to find a $900 rig with go pro and air unit figured into the cost breakdown.  I’m tired of FPV companies in general washing their hands of any responsibility reguarding any level of product satisfaction or just plane reliable operation!!!  Sick to my stomach over this.   They should compensate those who have lost drones, if for nothing else than atleast the air unit!!!

Things happen in life on the way to full maturity.  It's like this in nearly every area of life outside drones.  Some people died (though a better afterlife could've been made), some people got jailed, some people are still injured, not the companies but the users using them.
2021-7-26
Use props
droneXitalia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2847851 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I solved the problem time ago and I use this on all my goggles, DJI Goggles V2 included (it fits perfectly and doesn't move). You can plug in whatever battery you want and it regulates the output voltage.

https://furiousfpv.com/product_info.php?products_id=758
2021-7-26
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

They should've made it where you can screw in the plug after it's on for both sides, like a ring.  This would ensure it doesn't come out or at least make it a click plug w/ prongs long and deep.  No idea why they made it USB and weak.  If you lose feed in the goggles you are done.  Probably all the patents to make it better were taken resulting in the loss of many many drones that some made it on the forum and most, never.
2021-7-26
Use props
coyotejuice
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8235935 ft
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 7-26 16:23
They should've made it where you can screw in the plug after it's on for both sides, like a ring.  This would ensure it doesn't come out or at least make it a click plug w/ prongs long and deep.  No idea why they made it USB and weak.  If you lose feed in the goggles you are done.  Probably all the patents to make it better were taken resulting in the loss of many many drones that some made it on the forum and most, never.

I like the idea of screw on terminals that be sweet
2021-7-26
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

coyotejuice Posted at 7-26 17:16
I like the idea of screw on terminals that be sweet

but not screwing it in for it to connect, it's already connected but the ring goes around the outside to make it secure

The e-scooter I have, the charger connects like this.  Originally I thought it was unnecessary but I find it to be better.  I think the connectors for the powered gimbals on jibs/mounts are the same.  It should be this type of method but smaller.
2021-7-26
Use props
ishuffle
lvl.1
Australia

I lost my BNF drone today in the ocean because of this cable problem. The screen completely blacked out while I was flying over water, power bank lights were still on. Couldn't figure out why until I got home. All you have to do is touch the USB C end that goes into the battery and it shuts down the goggle. Bad design and it's cost me a A$1000 rig (Drone & Gopro 8). Need to find another solution to power the goggles.
2021-8-19
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ishuffle Posted at 8-19 06:49
I lost my BNF drone today in the ocean because of this cable problem. The screen completely blacked out while I was flying over water, power bank lights were still on. Couldn't figure out why until I got home. All you have to do is touch the USB C end that goes into the battery and it shuts down the goggle. Bad design and it's cost me a A$1000 rig (Drone & Gopro 8). Need to find another solution to power the goggles.

I try to get the word out but it doesn't get out to everyone and like I said, people will lose their drones and there is nothing anyone can do about it.
2021-8-19
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2804810 ft
Spain

there was an issue with the previous DJI google release that was causing these random blackouts (on air unit mode only) - nothing to do with the battery.
this has now been fixed....

on the DJI FPV its not really an issue it failsafes and hovers... so you'd be unlikely to crash, unless you were in manual mode, and low.

I did have the random blackout issue on my 5", but fortunately, Id setup (and tested!) GPS Rescue and so it fail safed to that.
... so Id say, if you have an expensive diy drone - why are you not using gps rescue? seems like a good way to protect your investment?
(bare in mind, this is not the only cause of fail-safes..  you might just have a signal loss)

as for the battery, as others have said, I tie the google end to the strap, and have the battery end securely fastened, and never had an issue

and now, Ive moved to using the XT60 adapter, which does not have this issue.as xt60 connector is tight.
so for non dji-fpv, id recommend this - better capacity, more secure, quicker to charge.

not as applicable for dji-fpv since you'd need to get xt60 battery/charger, so not worth it, but as above , its not really that much of an issue on the dji fpv, as it'll failsafe nicely anyway

2021-8-21
Use props
Plooca
New

United Kingdom

I lost my BNF drone as well. I didn't know about this power problem. Goggles randomly turned off while I was flying over a very thick forest. Couldn't find my drone. Went back to that forest multiple times, but no luck. I will use my drone lipos with XT60 connector for goggles now. Pity that DJI didn't warn me about this problem beforehand.
2021-10-4
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Plooca Posted at 10-4 01:40
I lost my BNF drone as well. I didn't know about this power problem. Goggles randomly turned off while I was flying over a very thick forest. Couldn't find my drone. Went back to that forest multiple times, but no luck. I will use my drone lipos with XT60 connector for goggles now. Pity that DJI didn't warn me about this problem beforehand.

I've been saying, a lot of will lose their drones like this and never make it to the forums or to people out in time.  It's unfortunate.
2021-10-4
Use props
djiuser_7WlfKJnsfFX8
lvl.1

Spain

ir also happens to me. Almost everytime I fly. Dji suport just told me the send the drone to the repair service at my own cost.  THIS IS A HUGHE FIASCO.
2022-11-6
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

is this an issue that can be resolved by mounting the battery on the goggle's headstrap?
2022-11-7
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 11-7 11:36
is this an issue that can be resolved by mounting the battery on the goggle's headstrap?

I think some people said they still have problems. For me, if I hardly move it never turns off.

They should've made it a wired dock like the Mavic Mini 2 battery compartment. That is why I'm super hesitant in flying in manual as the goggles could just turn off while flying hard and mid maneuver inverted low to the ground and near obstacles.
2022-11-10
Use props
Justin Pepple
lvl.1

United States

WingmanGroup Posted at 2021-7-26 05:18

Same problem here, I lost my brand new 7 inch build, the signal just dropped to 3 bars I turned and it black screened, so weeks later one by one all my builds started doing same thing but very close with full signal and my goggles left lens starting failing so I got v2 goggles and it happened again, I called caddix I checked all the basics and replaced cameras and cables, capacitors , goggles power cords , new antennas, and just a run around, finally got a new vista and got about six packs and black out right in front of me, so I grabbed my new seven inch and was checking the tune and it blacked out right in front of the goggles @40 yards, I’m super stumped and lost on what to do, if you learn anything please share I will do the same, I’m gonna go test my crashed junk some more until it’s all gone lol,
2023-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules