How To: unlocking airspace for FPV Drone (my testing)
1038 6 2021-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RedCorn Studios
lvl.2
Flight distance : 551916 ft
  • >>>
United States

UPDATE:
Support says you can do it this way (which would be easier duh...) but I haven't tested yet with the drone connected.

From the DJI Fly home screen:

1. Click Profile on your app.
2. Click Settings.
3. Scroll down to  Unlock GEO Zone
4. From there you should be able to activate your license.

Note: DJI support told me that the FPV drone doesn't support remote unlock. Didn't state whether or not it would ever.

I live near an airport but have unlocked this area I'm in a lot flying all different DJI drones. I have been having trouble getting unlock to work I the FPV drone with the complete lack of menu items in DJ I when the FPV drone is connected.
The only work around I found that has worked is using a DJI Mini 2 with the FPV drone. I requested unlocking of the area as you normally would online, entering in the FPV flight control SN and other relevant info. Challenge is there is no menu in DJI Fly when the FPV is connected so you can't activate the certificate. I plugged in my mini 2 and got to the certificate menu, which showed what I had requested, but you can't activate the. If the related drone is not connected. So I left DJI Fly open on that screen and plugged in the FPV. Menu stayed up and I could activate the certificate and fly. Soon as I  asked out of the menu I couldn't go back.

2021-3-7
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You should not be flying in these areas period
2021-3-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2021-3-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting to know.  Thanks for sharing.
2021-3-8
Use props
RedCorn Studios
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 3-7 23:54
You should not be flying in these areas period

This area is LAANC enabled and I have an airspace authorization to fly the facilities map.
2021-3-8
Use props
RedCorn Studios
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Support says you can do it this way (which would be easier duh...) but I haven't tested yet with the drone connected.

From the DJI Fly home screen:

1. Click Profile on your app.
2. Click Settings.
3. Scroll down to  Unlock GEO Zone
4. From there you should be able to activate your license.
2021-3-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there RedCorn Studios. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying.
2021-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules