my never used batteries aren't being detected by my charger
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dutcher18
lvl.1

United States

I am working on this for our school's FFA program and we bought this because we received a grant so we don't really have the money to buy new parts for a brand new Drone. This is the first time we have opened it after we received it a while ago I went to charge the batteries and they wouldn't be detected by the charger and therefore wouldn't charge. The lights would just keep rotating around green like it isn't detected at all. Both of them do this but one will act like it is charging for like 30 seconds then disconnect. I am wondering if there is something I haven't done right or something I can do to fix it. I have tried updating the software on the charging hub with DJI assistant 2 but it won't allow me to do anything without first connecting the drone but I cannot do that because none of the batteries will charge, any information or thoughts at all would be appreciated because we haven't even been able to power it on since we bought it.

edit: I don't know if this is an issue with the batteries or charger and I don't know if there is a way to know what one is causing the issue
2021-3-7
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

How much charge is in the battery?
2021-3-8
Use props
dutcher18
lvl.1

United States

Mark Guille Posted at 3-8 12:12
How much charge is in the battery?

I don't think that there is any charge because when I press the button on the battery no lights come on but when I have it on the charger the first light on the battery is very dim and flashing but none of the other ones ever do
2021-3-8
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

dutcher18 Posted at 3-8 21:22
I don't think that there is any charge because when I press the button on the battery no lights come on but when I have it on the charger the first light on the battery is very dim and flashing but none of the other ones ever do

If they have been stored for any length of time with no charge, the chances are that they are going to be dead, they should be stored with around 50% charge.

I feel for you, bet you can't wait to get her airborne. Best contact your supplier.
2021-3-9
Use props
dutcher18
lvl.1

United States

Mark Guille Posted at 3-9 07:47
If they have been stored for any length of time with no charge, the chances are that they are going to be dead, they should be stored with around 50% charge.

I feel for you, bet you can't wait to get her airborne. Best contact your supplier.

would that be DJI or the company/website that they bought it from?
2021-3-9
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

dutcher18 Posted at 3-9 08:22
would that be DJI or the company/website that they bought it from?

I would go back to the company they bought it from.
2021-3-10
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had a similar issue with some TB50 batteries, I bought them as they were on offer, stored them for about 6 months, tried to use them and they wouldn't charge. Put them into a Battery Station which showed all the cells low voltage and when trying to charge them, the Battery Station threw out a 'Battery Error'.

Raised a return with DJI and sent them back, they said they had been over discharged and quoted me full price to replace them.

I replied saying that they had never been used, they had zero cycles as proof, therefore this was an inherent manufacturing defect, they replaced them all free of charge.

In Europe there is a law to protect consumers from inherent defects in goods that extends for six years, as long as you can say the fault existed at manufacture you are protected.
2021-3-11
Use props
dutcher18
lvl.1

United States

Buzzyone Posted at 3-11 12:53
I had a similar issue with some TB50 batteries, I bought them as they were on offer, stored them for about 6 months, tried to use them and they wouldn't charge. Put them into a Battery Station which showed all the cells low voltage and when trying to charge them, the Battery Station threw out a 'Battery Error'.

Raised a return with DJI and sent them back, they said they had been over discharged and quoted me full price to replace them.

I am just wondering, is there anything like this in place in the U.S. that would make them replace items, and did you sent them in through the repair center then when they contacted you is that when you told them that?
2021-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules