Enabling fly spots tracks user flight data?
785 2 2021-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fert
lvl.2
Flight distance : 222516 ft
United States

I am used to opening the DJI app on my ipad and looking at the map around me to see if there are restricted areas and to look for fly spots.

Today, when I clicked on 'fly spots', I got a pop-up notice telling me that "enabling fly spots tracks user flight data".

Also, I am now required to click 'accept' to use this feature.

To be honest, I don't want my flight data to be tracked. Not that I have anything to hide, I just don't want to be tracked.

So, at this point, all I really want to do is view the flight restriction zones like I did before, but it seems that I can't, unless I want to have my flight data tracked.

Does this sound right, or am I getting it wrong? Everyone good with having their flight data tracked?

2021-3-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Put your phone into airplane mode, then it will not send tracking information anywhere. Then follow the map caching instructions to get your maps.
2021-3-7
Use props
Fert
lvl.2
Flight distance : 222516 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 3-7 13:39
Put your phone into airplane mode, then it will not send tracking information anywhere. Then follow the map caching instructions to get your maps.

That's not my point. And I haven't clicked accept. And I don't want to play games to keep from getting tracked.

But thanks for the advice.

2021-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules