Controller not working with DJI Virtual Flight?
13837 24 2021-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tob
lvl.1
United States

Hi everyone.

Was a Phantom 4 Pro owner, just sold that and got the DJI FPV.

I'd really like to try the Virtual Flight training before firing this thing up, but I'm stuck on the screen after the one with the Japanese text button, which says "press start / stop button to continue." I'm using the app on an iPhone 11 Max Pro, FWIW. When I press the start / stop button on the DJI controller, it just beeps. All four lights on the controller are solid green, and I resynced the drone / goggles / controller using the Linking video just to be safe.

tl;dr - I can't even get Virtual Flight to do anything, because the controller just beeps and the app doesn't respond.

What am I doing wrong?

2021-3-7
Use props
Tob
lvl.1
United States

BTW, I just tried it with the motion controller (which I also made sure was linked by following the video tutorials...) and Virtual Flight just silently quits after I press Accel to acknowledge the first controller overview dialog.
2021-3-7
Use props
Tob
lvl.1
United States

Another update - things are better this morning. When I fired up DJI Fly, there was another firmware update available for the controller. I installed that.

When I ran DJI Virtual Flight, it immediately exited after I pressed the button with the Japanese (?) text. I launched it again and this time it worked. It's actually doing what it's supposed to.

Not the world's greatest first experience, but I guess that's the cost of being an early adopter...
2021-3-8
Use props
GinjaNinja
lvl.1
United States

I too am having the same issue. I cannot get the remote connect at all. I am running iPhone 11 max and tried running it on my wife's iPhone x. I have updated both phones and the firmware to no avail.
2021-3-8
Use props
dronie1965
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

GinjaNinja Posted at 3-8 21:09
I too am having the same issue. I cannot get the remote connect at all. I am running iPhone 11 max and tried running it on my wife's iPhone x. I have updated both phones and the firmware to no avail.

Open the aPP Then first  put the cable in your phone( included otg cable) then  put it in the goggles
2021-3-8
Use props
Tob
lvl.1
United States

GinjaNinja Posted at 3-8 21:09
I too am having the same issue. I cannot get the remote connect at all. I am running iPhone 11 max and tried running it on my wife's iPhone x. I have updated both phones and the firmware to no avail.

For me, it was a matter of firing up the Go Fly app several times with the drone powered on and the goggles connected, and eventually enough of the components updated their firmware enough times that things finally started working.

Interestingly, a few times the Go Fly app would apparently think things were up to date, then I'd fire up the goggles and the drone and get a dialog box in the goggles UI saying that some firmware was out of date, so then I'd reconnect to the Go Fly app and wait for it to notice that another update was needed.

It was quite a dance. Luckily, Virtual Flight now works pretty consistently.
2021-3-9
Use props
GinjaNinja
lvl.1
United States

Tob Posted at 3-9 07:25
For me, it was a matter of firing up the Go Fly app several times with the drone powered on and the goggles connected, and eventually enough of the components updated their firmware enough times that things finally started working.

Interestingly, a few times the Go Fly app would apparently think things were up to date, then I'd fire up the goggles and the drone and get a dialog box in the goggles UI saying that some firmware was out of date, so then I'd reconnect to the Go Fly app and wait for it to notice that another update was needed.

I was able to update the firmware and it is working now. Thanks for the advice.
2021-3-10
Use props
SkyyW
New
United States

My RC does not work in this app. I've tried everything. This is super frustrating and makes me regret even buying this FPV
2021-4-2
Use props
Henry Huang9
New

United States

Same issue here. I can’t even do the first tutorial flight because my controller sticks don’t work in the virtual flight app. Buttons work, but not the sticks.

Updated firmware powered on off multiple times- still nothing…..
2021-4-3
Use props
SkyyW
New
United States

Henry Huang9 Posted at 4-3 04:49
Same issue here. I can’t even do the first tutorial flight because my controller sticks don’t work in the virtual flight app. Buttons work, but not the sticks.

Updated firmware powered on off multiple times- still nothing…..

Looks like no type of support is forthcoming. If you get an answer to this, please let me know and I will do the same. None of the suggestions mentioned in this forum so far have worked for me.
2021-4-5
Use props
Leif Harald
New

Norway

Same issue here. My controller sticks don’t work in the virtual flight app.
2021-4-6
Use props
djiuser_oReRCLV8dzRJ
New
Flight distance : 141178 ft
Netherlands

Same issue here, I got the normal controller working, after all kinds of updates. Still, the motion controller successfully links, but the virtual flight app doesn’t respond to any motion from the controller. Tried to connect in all kinds of order, but no luck so far.
2021-4-6
Use props
fans1d95ffdb
New

United States

SkyyW Posted at 4-5 12:09
Looks like no type of support is forthcoming. If you get an answer to this, please let me know and I will do the same. None of the suggestions mentioned in this forum so far have worked for me.

Same here. Glad to see I’m not alone in this issue. So frustrating. Support was no help either.
2021-4-7
Use props
FRF_Films
lvl.1
United States

fans1d95ffdb Posted at 4-7 16:22
Same here. Glad to see I’m not alone in this issue. So frustrating. Support was no help either.

OH THANK GOD IM NOT GOING CRAZY!!!

This issue has been happening to me for the last 2 days and I have ben tearing out my hair with frustration thinking it was something I was doing wrong or that I was alone in this.

Let me preface by saying - I have charged, synced, updated both remotes along with everything in the kit and iOS app.
Once everything is up-to-date, I tried using the DJI RC 2 within the DJI Virtual Fly App. Once in the app, the Virtual Fly app is indicating via icons and pop up display that the goggles and remote are synced to my iPhone XR and good to go.

When starting to use the Virtual Fly App, all buttons on the RC2 controller are working or reactive to actions - EXCEPT for the controller sticks -  so I have to use my hands to navigate my phone’s screen just to reach any of the training units or the free fly menus. At first, I thought this was just a UI thing and the controller would become fully active within the flight tests and training but no...

Once in any of the applications within the app, the buttons on the RC2 continue to work but the controller sticks continue to be disengaged so the motors wont turn on for the virtual FPV in the virtual fly app and I can’t take off - I just sit on the launch pad waiting and not being able to train.

After trying the RC 2 Controller and seeing that it wasn’t working properly, I tried the Motion Controller to find a similar issue. I, again, charged/synced/upgraded the controller before trying to use and once good to go, I enter the DJI Virtual Fly App to find a similar issue but one that is affecting the Motion Control and the Accelerator button - all other buttons on the device work.

I contacted DJI Customer Support and they are telling me this is the first time anyone has had this issue - so I kindly directed them to this link lol….

Hopefully we can all get this answered out soon.

Lets all be in the loop on this try and get everyone sorted.
2021-4-8
Use props
FRF_Films
lvl.1
United States

FRF_Films Posted at 4-8 12:28

As an update - DJI Service told me to ensure that the RC2 remote is re-calibrated so Ill give it a shot and let you all know the results.
2021-4-8
Use props
djiuser_9WeTUl1DiqW9
lvl.1

United States

FRF_Films Posted at 4-8 13:04
As an update - DJI Service told me to ensure that the RC2 remote is re-calibrated so Ill give it a shot and let you all know the results.

Same issue here. How does one recalibrate?
2021-4-8
Use props
FRF_Films
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_9WeTUl1DiqW9 Posted at 4-8 21:32
Same issue here. How does one recalibrate?

You have to do it through the goggles menu while all three items are synced and paired together. I did this but still no dice -  same issue.
2021-4-9
Use props
_beast_
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_9WeTUl1DiqW9 Posted at 4-8 21:32
Same issue here. How does one recalibrate?

So it works for me now - 1) I activated everything by powering them all on since I had not yet turned on the drone - only the goggles and RC. 2) I applied firmware updates - for me it was only the drone battery so pretty sure that wasn't the issue. and 3) Did the recalibration.  

After that the stick controls now work within the iOS app. However, the app is still a bit flaky - doesn't always respond to touch controls.
2021-4-9
Use props
fans2afc4ec1
New

United States

I'm sorry to say but I had the same problem the DJI tech told me to go the DJI Fly App first with the FPV drone on and running (No Props) Goggles on and then the controller.  After calibrating the devices and the controller.  My Controllers work perfectly with the DJI Virtual Flight App.  Good Luck
2021-5-21
Use props
djiuser_0EphoOKryXBI
New

United States

Looks like, I'm unable to solve this issue myself
I tried the Virtual Fly app on 2 devices (phone and tablet), but I can't get the controller to be recognized, even though all work perfectly on the DJI Fly app

I installed all firmware that appeared on the goggle screen - still the same issue
In fact, after the last firmware install, not even the goggle is not recognized, it's getting stuck on the screen where it wants to connect to the goggle

I tried updating the firmware with the Assistant 2 app on my PC, but was able to update for the Motion Controller only, that app does not recognize the goggle, not the avatar
This looks like a mess, I have no more ideas about what else should I try
Highly appreciate all helps
2022-10-6
Use props
djiuser_xIMayoJpN91e
New
Flight distance : 540617 ft
United States

FRF_Films Posted at 2021-4-8 12:28

Yo it's not the first time anyone's had that issue everyone is having that issue in DJI keeps saying that we're using the wrong type of cable. If they told you you're the first person they f****** lied piece of s*** company
2023-1-6
Use props
djiuser_xIMayoJpN91e
New
Flight distance : 540617 ft
United States

DJI virtual flight is complete TRASH! It probably would be one of the better simulators out there except for you can't connect your f****** controller or goggles to it. I have the V2 goggles and controller with the fpv combo and out of 100 attempts the controller only successfully connected twice. When it connected I was able to use the simulator for hours without an issue as long as I didn't disconnect the controller. Who the f*** would use an app that only works 1 and 50 times? DJI what the f***?
2023-1-6
Use props
fans80ebfcb3
New

New Caledonia

Do any solutions ? I have one fpv controller dead, an one not working with dji virtual flight !! WTF DJI ? grrrrr
2023-3-23
Use props
Aspiration
New

Moldova

Guys. I think I've found the answer. At least it works for me. Dji virtual flight and other simulators saw my controller, but its joysticks didn't work there. I installed DJI Assistant 2 (a series of consumer drones) (it's a program you can download on the download section of main DJI site) and updated the firmware of the controller connected to the PC. After this was done, I tried again and everything works in both simulators. I know it may seem too banal, but it helped me and maybe it will help others. Good luck!
2023-7-18
Use props
dennisdroner
New
Canada

Crazy to see this is still an issue. I just bought the FPV Combo and fly more kit  July 19th, 2023 and am having all these same issues.

I got everything connected in DJI fly, updated the firmware for controller, goggles, drone, and battery. All of the firmwares show the latest available versions. Activated the drone. I can fly the drone if I want, it boots up properly the goggles show the camera, and the remote responds properly. But I don't wanna fly it before doing simulator.

I have tried windows and android version of flight simulator. On windows, I get to the point of the "press start" it beeps and nothing happens. If I unplug the remote the sim instantly recognizes that I have unplugged it and waits for me to reconnect it - so it's seeing the remote, but its completely unresponsive. On android, even though DJI fly recognizes my goggles and works perfectly when I plug it in, DJI Flight Simulator ALWAYS fails to connect to the goggles now. Yesterday, I actually could get it connected but the remote wasn't working at all. But now, it never connects to the goggles even though DJI fly is connecting and working perfect.

I have tried using the DJI Assistant App (both consumer + FPV versions). When I plug in each thing, goggles, drone, remote, they all show latest firm ware. I saw a video where someone suggested "refreshing" the latest firmware. But unfortunately every time I try to do that it downloads, goes to "transmitting" then just hangs and fails with an error asking me to upload the error logs. So I cannot refresh the firmware, not sure if that would help, but all things are showing latest firmware.
2023-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules