6273 9 2021-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Illuminations
Captain
Flight distance : 13 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been watching/reading every review I can find while waiting for my FJI FPV drone to arrive tommorow, and one common concern I've seen is what the availabity of spare parts is going to look like, and I was just wondering if anyone here might know anything about what's going on with that. Wiill every piece be available for purchase, or only select components? I've never flown FPV myself, but I know from those who have that being able to replace any broken component is really important.
2021-3-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its being advertised as repairable.

2021-3-8
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-8 01:19
Its being advertised as repairable.

[view_image]

Thanks, I had forgotten about that graphic.

It seems to make it pretty clear that everything will be user replaceable,  but the text "The gimbal camera, landing gear, and top shell of the DJI FPV are all modular and easily replaceable" make me wonder if those are the only components that will be available for purchase. It would be nice to know for sure whether or not a wider range of parts will be made available.
2021-3-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Illuminations Posted at 3-8 08:58

It seems to make it pretty clear that everything will be user replaceable,  but the text "The gimbal camera, landing gear, and top shell of the DJI FPV are all modular and easily replaceable" make me wonder if those are the only components that will be available for purchase. It would be nice to know for sure whether or not a wider range of parts will be made available.

Im wondering if someone will come up with a product that if you smash the drone proper you can swap all the parts to a new frame.
2021-3-8
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-8 09:06
Im wondering if someone will come up with a product that if you smash the drone proper you can swap all the parts to a new frame.

Seems like it would be doable - if DJI doesn't make everything 100% user serviceable I'm pretty sure we'll see a booming third party parts market for this drone pop up in the next few years, at least that would be my hope!
2021-3-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Illuminations Posted at 3-8 09:21
Seems like it would be doable - if DJI doesn't make everything 100% user serviceable I'm pretty sure we'll see a booming third party parts market for this drone pop up in the next few years, at least that would be my hope!

I'll be keeping an eye on thingiverse.
2021-3-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Illuminations. Good day and thank you for these information that you have given. You may try checking out DJI Online Store ( https://store.dji.com/category/dji-fpv-drone?from=menu_products ) for the parts and accessories that you need for the DJI FPV. In addition you may click the In Stock Reminder tab on said page for us to be able to send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock. Thank you.
2021-3-8
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-8 21:26
Hello there Illuminations. Good day and thank you for these information that you have given. You may try checking out DJI Online Store ( https://store.dji.com/category/dji-fpv-drone?from=menu_products ) for the parts and accessories that you need for the DJI FPV. In addition you may click the In Stock Reminder tab on said page for us to be able to send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock. Thank you.

Thanks, but the problem is that most of the components of the drone aren't even listed there - I'm talking individual boards, sensors, motors, etc.
2021-3-9
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2804810 ft
Spain

Illuminations Posted at 3-8 08:58

It seems to make it pretty clear that everything will be user replaceable,  but the text "The gimbal camera, landing gear, and top shell of the DJI FPV are all modular and easily replaceable" make me wonder if those are the only components that will be available for purchase. It would be nice to know for sure whether or not a wider range of parts will be made available.

unfortunately DJI are currently saying arms/motors are not user-replaceable.

now go watch youtube videos... guess what the #1 damage is? yup an arm...

the reason is simple - imagine clipping a tree or flipping the drone, the arms hang out - so ONE arm is going to take most of the force of the impact.
in most case on youtube, you can see it breaks off at the weakest point - at the body.
(its also rigid plastic not carbon fibre... so its more fragile than typical fpv drones)

I get why the motor might not be replaceble separately... but DJI could sell a whole arm (including motor)

not all flyers could replace (it needs a bit of disassembly and soldering) , but many could.
and for those that cannot, a local 3rd party could do it, much quicker than returning it to DJI, and much less costly.

If DJI dont do this, I can see crashed DJI FPV being sold/broken up for spare parts on ebay!

also , if DJI do not want this market, I really hope some other company will see the opportunity.

Ive just ordered my DJI FPV, and this is the #1 concern I have.

Im not planning on crashing it, but Im not happy that the fear of expensive repairs will limit far alot of us will be willing to push ourselves and the dji fpv.

2021-3-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Illuminations Posted at 3-9 13:50
Thanks, but the problem is that most of the components of the drone aren't even listed there - I'm talking individual boards, sensors, motors, etc.

Hi there Illuminations. Thank you for the reply and for these information. If the said parts are internal components of the said DJI Drone. It would be best to contact our DJI Support Team for us to be able to assist you further. Thank you.
2021-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules