DJIFPV won't Connect to DJI Fly App
20179 21 2021-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JinFPX
New

United States

Hello,
I got my DJIFPV  Combo was delivered today, and I can't connect the gear to the DJI Fly App on my Android (Google Pixel 3). I have updated the firmware for the Controller, Goggles and Drone with the PC DJI Assistant App. Any guidance?

Thank you
2021-3-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JinFPX. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different mobile device  for us to be able to isolate the said issue? For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

2021-3-7
Use props
tstauffer
lvl.1

United States

How do I connect my FPV to the DJI Fly app?  FPV is not listed as an available option.  Only Mavic Air 2, Mavic MINI, DJI Mini2
2021-3-9
Use props
stripler
lvl.1
Flight distance : 912 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try downloading the DJI Fly app directly from the DJI website, that is the most current version off the app.
2021-3-13
Use props
djiuser_VCwm88OOAlev
New

United States

Yeah this is trash already.  I'm one hour into trying to connect this drive to the android app that I downloaded from website, doesn't work.  
2021-3-31
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do you mean the App fails to launch or that it won't install?

The DJI Fly App for Android is the one on the downloads page for the drone, current version is 1.3.0.

If the app won't install then try deleting the App from your device, re-start it and try to install it again. I am not an Android user, other than for the Smart Controller & CrystalSky. I did load the APK from the DJI site yesterday and installed it onto a Samsung S8 and connected to the drone using the fly app with no issues, other than all the hoops you have to jump through to actually get the Android system to trust the installation file.

For activation and firmware updates you need to use the supplied OTG cable as you phone needs to be the host rather than the client, connect the OTG cable to you phone with the USB-A to USB-C cable supplied by DJI.

The FPV drone does not appear in the supported drones in the Fly App until it makes a connection to the aircraft, so make sure that all your devices are linked with each other before you start, the drone has to be connected to the goggles before the Fly App will display the FPV Drone.

Once the product has been activated and updated you can use a standard cable to connect to the App as your phone will become the client and will not require the OTG cable, until the next firmware update appears.

Hope this helps, but if you can't run the App or install it, there may be an issue with the phone.
2021-4-1
Use props
ceresone
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-7 22:46
Hello there JinFPX. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different mobile device  for us to be able to isolate the said issue? For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

[view_image]

I am also having the same issue with a Google Pixel 4A. The DJI Fly App doesn't recognize the DJI FPV. It gives me an option to connect to a DJI mini2, Mavic mini or Air2 but not FPV.
2021-4-3
Use props
Winkle
lvl.2
Canada

ceresone Posted at 4-3 16:43
I am also having the same issue with a Google Pixel 4A. The DJI Fly App doesn't recognize the DJI FPV. It gives me an option to connect to a DJI mini2, Mavic mini or Air2 but not FPV.

You don't need to select the FPV drone from the app, once the goggles are connected to the phone and the goggles, drone and controller are powered on, the app will automatically detect everything.

If the app isn't seeing it, then most likely you have the connection set up wrong.

Plug the OTG cable INTO THE GOGGLES, then plug the USB-A to USB-C cable to the OTG cable, and plug the USB-C end of the cable into your phone.

If you reverse the connection (phone -> OTG cable -> USB cable -> goggles), it won't work! It has to be goggles -> OTG cable -> USB cable -> phone.
2021-4-3
Use props
ceresone
lvl.1

Canada

Winkle Posted at 4-3 18:54
You don't need to select the FPV drone from the app, once the goggles are connected to the phone and the goggles, drone and controller are powered on, the app will automatically detect everything.

If the app isn't seeing it, then most likely you have the connection set up wrong.

Thanks for the info. It worked. Must have had the cables reversed.
2021-4-3
Use props
AfilthyHOBO
lvl.1

United States

ceresone Posted at 4-3 19:02
Thanks for the info. It worked. Must have had the cables reversed.

How did you fix it?  I activated (at least I think I activated) everything on the computer.  Drone still won't take off though
2021-4-3
Use props
Winkle
lvl.2
Canada

AfilthyHOBO Posted at 4-3 19:37
How did you fix it?  I activated (at least I think I activated) everything on the computer.  Drone still won't take off though

You can't activate it on a computer, that only does the firmware updates. You still need to connect the goggles to your phone with the DJI Fly App, and activate everything through the app (connect goggles to phone, power all three components on - goggles, drone and controller).

This binds a phone number to the drone/goggles, and also sets the country code for the drone/goggles using the drone's GPS (means you need to be in a location where the drone can get a GPS signal).
2021-4-3
Use props
AfilthyHOBO
lvl.1

United States

Winkle Posted at 4-3 20:03
You can't activate it on a computer, that only does the firmware updates. You still need to connect the goggles to your phone with the DJI Fly App, and activate everything through the app (connect goggles to phone, power all three components on - goggles, drone and controller).

This binds a phone number to the drone/goggles, and also sets the country code for the drone/goggles using the drone's GPS (means you need to be in a location where the drone can get a GPS signal).

Oh I see ... ok I will try this tomorrow.  Just tried to fly the drone again and got a fan error.  I will reverse the way I had it connected.  The DJI Fly app wasn't showing the FPV ... hopefully it does if I reverse the connections.  If it doesn't, will it work if I select one of the other three drones?
2021-4-3
Use props
Winkle
lvl.2
Canada

AfilthyHOBO Posted at 4-3 20:19
Oh I see ... ok I will try this tomorrow.  Just tried to fly the drone again and got a fan error.  I will reverse the way I had it connected.  The DJI Fly app wasn't showing the FPV ... hopefully it does if I reverse the connections.  If it doesn't, will it work if I select one of the other three drones?

No.

Just make sure it's goggles to OTG cable to USB cable to phone, in that order or it won't work otherwise. Phone should auto-launch DJI Fly app once you power on the goggles, if not just start the app manually. Turn on drone and controller as well, if you see three icons for the drone, goggles and controller at the bottom right corner of the DJI Fly app (above the connect/fly button) then you're golden.
2021-4-3
Use props
AfilthyHOBO
lvl.1

United States

Winkle Posted at 4-3 20:24
No.

Just make sure it's goggles to OTG cable to USB cable to phone, in that order or it won't work otherwise. Phone should auto-launch DJI Fly app once you power on the goggles, if not just start the app manually. Turn on drone and controller as well, if you see three icons for the drone, goggles and controller at the bottom right corner of the DJI Fly app (above the connect/fly button) then you're golden.

Drone still won't activate.  I also connected it to my fiancee's iPhone 11, along with my Note 10+.  the DJIFPV is not an option no matter how the cord is positioned.  I think I'll call DJI on Tuesday.  If they can't walk me through the process, I'll just return it.  Nothing but a $1300 paperweight at the moment.  Was really hoping to get some aerial video of the Easter hunt today.  I'm ticked quite frankly.  
2021-4-4
Use props
Winkle
lvl.2
Canada

AfilthyHOBO Posted at 4-4 06:56
Drone still won't activate.  I also connected it to my fiancee's iPhone 11, along with my Note 10+.  the DJIFPV is not an option no matter how the cord is positioned.  I think I'll call DJI on Tuesday.  If they can't walk me through the process, I'll just return it.  Nothing but a $1300 paperweight at the moment.  Was really hoping to get some aerial video of the Easter hunt today.  I'm ticked quite frankly.

I think you misunderstood some details.

There is NO option in the app to activate to the DJI FPV Drone, it never shows up when you select connect an aircraft.

Once you have connected the goggles to the phone like the way I described, give it a minute and you should see several icons in the DJI Fly App above the "connect an aircraft" button that shows the goggles, drone and controller and an arrow pointing to a phone icon, saying that your goggles and equipment are connected to the app.

At this point, you have to put on the goggles and there should be a prompt or text in the goggle display walking you through the activation process. You activate it THROUGH the goggles while connected to your phone. You do not activate the drone through the DJI Fly app.
2021-4-4
Use props
AfilthyHOBO
lvl.1

United States

Winkle Posted at 4-4 15:04
I think you misunderstood some details.

There is NO option in the app to activate to the DJI FPV Drone, it never shows up when you select connect an aircraft.

Yep I understood that before, but thank you for the clarification.  I was not seeing any of the icons above the connect aircraft button.  It was as if I plugged in an expensive paperweight, (not trying to be rude, just saying .... it wasn't doing anything, not matter how I configured the wires ... OTG cable first or last).

Following the advice of others on this forum, I went to Staples and bought a high speed USB-C to USB-C cord today.  It was $30 so I was already bitter about it, but really just wanted the app to recognize the drone.  Came home and voila ... IT WORKED!  So a big thank you for that.  I was finally able to see the icons above the connect aircraft button.  

Unfortunately, in my goggles, I see a red rectangle at the bottom right corner that says "fan error."  The drone is hot to the touch so I took the cover off.  This is the translucent cover on the top ... the one that can be replaced with the ugly green one.  I put the battery in and the chip and housing all right there behind the fan gets hot enough that you can't hold or touch it for more than a few seconds ... and this is with the drone off and just the battery plugged in.  It hasn't even taken its maiden voyage yet, so I've come to the sad conclusion that I was shipped a defective drone, that will have to be repaired by DJI before I have the chance to fly it.  Ill be putting in a work ticket after this post, and will be expecting a call from DJI tomorrow.  I'm off Tuesday, so I'd like to get this shipped out then.  

For all those having this same issue, if the OTG cable first method doesn't work, just go buy a high speed USB-C to USB-C cable.  It's frustrating I know ... trust me, but no sooner did I connect the app and goggles with that cable, it automatically recognized my drone.
2021-4-4
Use props
Winkle
lvl.2
Canada

AfilthyHOBO Posted at 4-4 17:20
Yep I understood that before, but thank you for the clarification.  I was not seeing any of the icons above the connect aircraft button.  It was as if I plugged in an expensive paperweight, (not trying to be rude, just saying .... it wasn't doing anything, not matter how I configured the wires ... OTG cable first or last).

Following the advice of others on this forum, I went to Staples and bought a high speed USB-C to USB-C cord today.  It was $30 so I was already bitter about it, but really just wanted the app to recognize the drone.  Came home and voila ... IT WORKED!  So a big thank you for that.  I was finally able to see the icons above the connect aircraft button.  

I wonder if the USB cable that came with your drone is defective.

When you power on the drone, do you hear the a fan noise after a minute or two? The drone itself has a fan inside (you can see it at the top just under the translucent cover), it has to run to keep itself cool.

I've noticed that after powering on the drone for a few minutes, the top part does get pretty hot to the touch! Even when it's just sitting there without the motors running... pretty crazy. The fan is pretty loud too... if you're getting a fan error and no fan noise, that means the fan is busted and your drone may overheat.

I'm almost thinking you should return the drone to DJI and ask for a replacement. Really sorry to hear you're having so many difficulties... I had a lot of trouble just getting it to work properly as well but at least all my stuff seems to be in working order... the drone IS great and a lot of fun to fly once you get it going... it's just the process to get it going is made unnecessarily complicated by DJI. After a month with it, my thoughts is that I love the drone but am hating DJI.
2021-4-4
Use props
AfilthyHOBO
lvl.1

United States

Winkle Posted at 4-4 18:30
I wonder if the USB cable that came with your drone is defective.

When you power on the drone, do you hear the a fan noise after a minute or two? The drone itself has a fan inside (you can see it at the top just under the translucent cover), it has to run to keep itself cool.

Hey Winkle ... yes the fan on top does not come on at all.  When I turn the drone on and try to take off, that red box that says fan error wont let me.  If I leave the drone on ... such as battery on, can see the camera through the goggles, but not flying, just on, the fan never comes on.  I left it on for 5 or 10 minutes last night trying to trouble shoot before it started to just get really hot, and I shut her down.  The fan is defective, I'll have to ask for a replacement.  I will do that today.  It wouldnt let me submit a work order without talking to support first.  I will update this post after I speak with support today.
2021-4-5
Use props
WantonViolence
New

Australia

AfilthyHOBO Posted at 4-5 04:39
Hey Winkle ... yes the fan on top does not come on at all.  When I turn the drone on and try to take off, that red box that says fan error wont let me.  If I leave the drone on ... such as battery on, can see the camera through the goggles, but not flying, just on, the fan never comes on.  I left it on for 5 or 10 minutes last night trying to trouble shoot before it started to just get really hot, and I shut her down.  The fan is defective, I'll have to ask for a replacement.  I will do that today.  It wouldnt let me submit a work order without talking to support first.  I will update this post after I speak with support today.

How did you go with this?  I have a similar issue (fan error). Though the fan does come on.
TIA!
2021-4-24
Use props
gatorcq
lvl.2

United States

The website for Downloading the Android version is NOT working.
It states "This site can't be reached. If the spelling is correct Try running Windows Network Diagnostics. DNS_PROBE_FINISHES_NXDOMAIN>"

Can you Help?
2021-9-9
Use props
Mercticated
lvl.1

United States

Winkle Posted at 4-3 18:54
You don't need to select the FPV drone from the app, once the goggles are connected to the phone and the goggles, drone and controller are powered on, the app will automatically detect everything.

you just saved me from throwing it against the wall!
2021-10-3
Use props
djiuser_ZdeEBKlOfmxc
New
United States

12/10/2021: DJI Fly app will not connect to dji fpv drone, cannot download any files or screen mirror. Galaxy S21 Black. It worked until the update for Mavic 3. This is truly an outrage. Spending over a thousand dollars to record film that is unable to be watched. Shame on the devs.
2021-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules