Does Raveneye get power from the gimbal or not?
5590 4 2021-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KS-6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112559 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ok, so I have heard conflicting opinions on this and really need to pin it down. When using my RS2 and Raveneye, the Raveneye transmitter does not take on a charge from the gimbal, it just gradually loses charge as it is used. I have the cables setup correctly, bottom port on the 3-port tilt axis stalk on the gimbal, single right hand port on the transmitter, hdmi to camera ( Nikon Z6II).

I swap grip / batteries and alternately keep those charged while on long jobs but I have to stop working entirely when the Raveneye hits low charge. On some jobs that is a luxury I can not really afford so is anyone using the combo and the Raveneye that *is* seeing it being fed juice from the RS2 like some seem to claim?

This is a real problem for productivity, easily swap gimbal batteries but I am down for the count once the darn Raveneye is discharged...
2021-3-7
Use props
djiuser_LJlVWCEi1Za9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 524652 ft
  • >>>
United States

Following because I’ve been trying to find information on the same thing. Seems like there would be something in the settings that allows you to turn charging power on or off.
2021-3-26
Use props
chunky whippet
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Has anyone found a resolution for this as I’m struggling with the same issue and can’t find an answer
2021-5-8
Use props
djiuser_JzsZQhyIVIn3
New
United States

It will charge the Raveneye... I noticed a few times the lights blinking in the charge pattern when using it earlier today. Make sure it is plugged in to the right port. On the gimbal it is the bottom usb-c and on the raveneye it is the charging port.
2021-5-9
Use props
Gorlum
New
Israel

I use raveneye with RS3 Pro. Same issue, no charging from gimbal. Any one know what to do? I need it for more than about 2 hours that it can work on self battery.
2023-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules