Samsung Tab (not phone) support for Pocket 2
3987 6 2021-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Glacier
lvl.1
United States

Is there a list of supported Samsung Tab models for Pocket 2?  I'm thinking of getting a Samsung Tab S7 to control the gimbal or do live streaming.  Would there be an issue?  Thanks.
2021-3-7
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Looking at the specification it appears to be compitable since its has Usb Type-C fast charging port. If you can install mimo app on it then yes it should work fine & connect both by wifi & usb port.
2021-3-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Glacier. Good day and thank you for these information you have given. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who uses this mobile device ( Samsung Tab ) when using there DJI Pocket 2. Just a reminder to please use a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mimo application for compatibility and reliability purposes. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Pocket 2 and for the DJI Mimo application. Thank you.

2021-3-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have used both the Tab S6 and Tab S7 and they both worked just fine.  These are not the "Lite" models though.  I recently saw the Tab S6 on sale for a significant price reduction.
2021-3-8
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

While I personally have not tested tablets with Pocket 2 (due to not having an Android one), I have compiled a list of phones that work and are not mentioned on the DJI Mimo's official list (to see phones tested or to report your own test results, see https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235190)

Of couse, that doesn't help if it's exactly tablets you are trying to test, but I bring this up to present an idea: what if we started to gather information for a similar list considering tablets? That could help people to get more out of their Pocket 2, possibly also helping those that do have a tablet but don't have a compatible phone. So should we start a thread about this? While I have no personal experience about the topic, we could possibly get people to inform their results. That has given a good start to my phone list, too :-)
2021-3-8
Use props
Glacier
lvl.1
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 3-8 10:11
While I personally have not tested tablets with Pocket 2 (due to not having an Android one), I have compiled a list of phones that work and are not mentioned on the DJI Mimo's official list (to see phones tested or to report your own test results, see https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235190)

Of couse, that doesn't help if it's exactly tablets you are trying to test, but I bring this up to present an idea: what if we started to gather information for a similar list considering tablets? That could help people to get more out of their Pocket 2, possibly also helping those that do have a tablet but don't have a compatible phone. So should we start a thread about this? While I have no personal experience about the topic, we could possibly get people to inform their results. That has given a good start to my phone list, too :-)

Thanks everyone for your response!  It's great to know Tab S6 and S7 worked.  Great idea composing a list for tablets - the current document focuses on phones, but I'd imagine especially for Pocket 2, a tablet comes handy for gimbal remote control (but I can't live stream at the same time - a big Ugh but another topic...)

FWIW, though an Apple shop here but I happened to have a 2016 Sumsung Tab A. It runs Android 8.1 satisfying the minimum version requirement for Mimo, but the Playstore only provided Mimo v1.3.4, which didn't work with Pocket 2.  That made me wonder about the coverage of tablets vs. phones.

Will report back more results once I test other models.
2021-3-8
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

I decided to start the list I mentioned before. To see the list (not big yet but will hopefully grow larger) or post the results of your own tablet, see https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237518

Hopefully people will find it and post their results so more people can get more out of their Pocket 2's :-)
2021-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules